Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,209 comments
Guys, had to take my mom to hospital. Just hanging out. Thinking of a question I could ask you guys to make the time go by.

Can you guys tell me some of the more obscure cup cars you race in cup races. Single car with at least 8 distinct liveries to race in 'same car' mode. I hate typing with my finger, lol.
Hope all is well with your mom.🤞
On a side note, just curious: what do you usually use to type with ? :D

Guys, had to take my mom to hospital. Just hanging out. Thinking of a question I could ask you guys to make the time go by.

Can you guys tell me some of the more obscure cup cars you race in cup races. Single car with at least 8 distinct liveries to race in 'same car' mode. I hate typing with my finger, lol. Anyways looking forward to your suggestions. The more obscure the car the better but not neccessary. Tanks guys.

My favs are Ginetta G40 Junior (or GT5), Renault Clio 5 and JCW Mini Cup. Also MX5 cup is highly enjoyable.
But I don't find them so obscure, the last obscure car I raced in a cup was Skoda 130RS.

I hope all is going to be well, mate.

Can you guys tell me some of the more obscure cup cars you race in cup races. Single car with at least 8 distinct liveries to race in 'same car' mode.
Most of the racing I do is essentially spec or cup racing, as you can have great races without having to worry about BoPing. My personal favorites for this are Pessio's Alfa Romeo GTAm, the Kunos/Guerilla Mods BMW M240i Cup, the AB/Annabel Chong/El Locho/Mas(s)cot/etc VW Golf "Littlebird," and probably my no. 1 favorite, Daniel Jiminez/APVS's fantastic Berta Tornado. There are lots of excellent skins for all of those (generally pretty easy to find on RD). The Kunos MX-5 Cup, of course, must be on the list, along with redSerpente's MX-5 Spec Racer and the MaX5 Cup (not sure who created it). My favorite low-powered, tossable open-wheeler is Blaze's Formula Mazda, but Legion's Formula Vee, Stereo's Formula Ford, Legion/Bazza's Formula 1600 (Mygale and Van Diemen), and Bazza's historic F3s (Tecno and Matra -- though only about 8 skins each) also come highly recommended.

Hope your mom's doing all right!

Last edited:
Do you guys know how to filter tags in CM so it is specific to that tag only?

For example searching "#Formula 4" lists every tag that has 'Formula' and '4', it drives me nuts

But I also have a Series category for Formula 4 under the categories tab, and that one only brings in the cars I'm looking for.

This is what is in my series json "filter": "tag:\\b(Formula 4)\\b | class:\\b(Formula 4)\\b | \\b(Formula 4)\\b" but I'm having trouble in replicating that in CM search
in CM Content this filter should do the trick :
tag:"#Formula 4"

Can you guys tell me some of the more obscure cup cars you race in cup races. Single car with at least 8 distinct liveries to race in 'same car' mode. I hate typing with my finger, lol. Anyways looking forward to your suggestions. The more obscure the car the better but not neccessary. Tanks guys.
hi Teddy,

Most obscure Cup mod is of course this one! ;)
1710555136494.png

another I like very much and can be called obscure is the GAZ 24-10 Volga SMP Historic Cup by SMP Racing (link)
1710553829435.png

all the best with your mom!

EDIT: O dear, now I've fallen into a rabbit hole by stumbling onto this site ...

it seems to have quite some mods which I don't have yet , so thanks Teddy! (I'll need to buy yet a bigger SSD soon :banghead: )
They also seem to have a good car search and they even have a class "chill" , which brings you to this sofa mod:
1710556182073.png
:lol:
but you can also search for cool cup mods , and the mods download and install directly into CM with only 2 mouse clicks
(which is a bit faster then first having to click 5 times, then get an archive, then having to drag that file into CM...)

EDIT : hmmm , now I've installed this sofa , and it says in the UI that it's by GUERILLA Mods and
"DO NOT SHARE WITHOUT PERMISSION!"
So this site is not so kosher it seems...

EDIT2 : or is it, some mods show link to pay sites , and they mention this :

1710557462852.png

Last edited:
Same as @Tummie555, a good swappy swap.

OR you can use it in a hotlap ride (on a track it has trouble with, for exemple), make the Ai drive (ctrl + G, then ctrl +C, something like that), open the AI app (should be accessible by default with the developper's enable) and craft the AI yourself by looking how it behave with your changes.

I can't find my bookmark about it, but I do remember @Smurth making a very good tutorial about what does what. I actually updated many cars' broken AI thanks to it.

On another note, a bit of update on my stupid Piper project.

Yep, stupid, because I have a few low-res pictures of it, litterally just ONE pic of the interior, and the "new" model still in use (as of 2007, lawl) is quite different to his ancestor in fact. I even tried to ask on some Piper's fan groups for any help regarding the size of the car, or just some datas : nothing. So, appart for the famous height of 30inches, I have no scale figure. sounds like FUN.

Anyway, it's still going well as of now.

View attachment 1337092

And a little size comparaison. It looked way too low to me when I was doing it and when putted next to a 40inches GT40, well... It actually look right. Which makes it even more amazing (and even HARDER to get a driver to fit in it).

View attachment 1337093View attachment 1337094

I changed tactic this time, I exported it quickly on CM to compare it to others and get a driver to fit right, probably trying a few drives to get something correct out of it once I got it running, but don't get fooled : textures are at a bare minimum, many stuff missing (like the front spoiler) and no interior yet. And with one picture in stock, it's gonna be the main trouble, I tell you :lol:

So, still a lot of work before anything viable, but I wouldn't mind some advices/point of view about the size thing. whatcha think ?
the piper looks quite nice, will you add the little front wing it had during 1969?
1710562745401.png

Release Le Mans 1971 from KJ Goes SIM Racing
"This is just the 70 track I have released previously with the 71 pit armco added and relevant ai changes, just completes the set for versions of le mans in ac since the 60's, same dubious quality though..."
This and the original 70 track are really good, only the textures for the trees, grass and the guardrails urgently need an update
hopefully some good painter will do this.

Last edited:

Firstly, please take our best to mom. 💐

Not sure that these fit the "obscure" label, but certainly "not everyday", and equally certainly, top-of-the-pops for me.

Guerilla's Toyota S-FR.
Friend of the forum, @Cozy61 has an entire Round The World challenge, with championship stuffs, and (57!!) national skins.

Our mate @Fuzo, one of the OG cup-car giants, has a whole list. Some of the "not-usual" highlights for me:
The Trabant 601 RS Cup , the Škoda Octavia Cup 2008

Last, but defo not least, an unexpected, but absolutely brilliant cup-car, the @Masscot (and many, many, many friends) Littlebird.

Have fun, hope I didn't miss the "obscure" bus by a mile :)

Last edited:
I feel like the race start problem on the latest CSP is getting worse...

Just tried to run the VRC Peugeot at Road One International and they went off the line properly about 1 in four tries. I swear it used to be every other start...

Where is that new CSP with the fix for this? It's a very aggravating problem. Thinking about downgrading.

Apologies for the venting. I'd really like to flex Nuzzi's new apps (Mandatory Pit Stop and Fuel Matching) to get some proper single player endurance races in, but this start line problem (which plagued my own AI for RMi's DC Street Circuit and is plaguing my WIP VIR AI) is really becoming troublesome.

Seems with latest csp version, I do not see sparks anymore. Any help please.
I never understand why simracers always want the last (=always trouble some) CM update. Stay to the version that never did give problems, “never fix what is not broken” Thats why I’m always on the recommended versions so I can do simracing and not to much on troubleshooting and tweaking. You think new is always better, but with CM, before you know you are a guinea pig for facing the pandora’s box full of bad surprises.

Hope everything gets sorted out fine in private life. Now to the question. My favorite list for single make competitions (not necesseraly in this order):

Another "weird" option for fun racing, specially in twisty tracks, is the Camotos Cross Car https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/cross-car.47098/.

I'm not very good at drifting, but with this thing it's quite easy to go sideways all the time in a more or less "controlled" way. I won't be the one who arrives first, but I will be the one who laughs the most... 😆

@Teddie, hugs for your mom and hope she gets better. 😘

Last edited:
Updated list (in the quotes) of F1 circuits currently not in AC from this post back in 2021 to now (removed the ones I think we have now off the top of my head)
And on that note... Zeltweg released today on RD

EDIT: Disregard list (has been removed) - has since been updated

Last edited:
1991 ASR NOW WITH MANDATORY PITSTOPS (15-25 LAP RACES!!!)

There are multiple championship files. One with Phoenix pay track with rain at Montreal (as per genuine 1991 season) and other without rain.

My community friends fixed the ai for the pay track which was screwed (not acceptable for a 25 euro track). The ai fix link is there too and it has been sent to the author.

Other champs files are for Phoenix FREE track with fixed ai. Very fast ai, but unpolished track. Correct layout for 1991, however.

The 1991 was Senna's third and final World Championship year. Arch rival Alain Prost failed to win a race with uncompetitive Ferrari and was fired before the end of the season due to a dispute with the team. 1991 also saw the debuts of future multiple world champions Michael Schumacher and Mika Hakkinen, as well as the retirement of three-time champion Nelson Piquet. Schumacher raced only 6 GP's at Jordan so he's not included in the season. There is no skin for him in the mod, either. You can play him on the 1992 season that I just released. Hakkinen is included but Lotus that year was the slowest car on the grid.

Championship is set for Ayrton Senna / McLaren. Change it to your liking. I'm more of a Prost fan but I don't like how the 1991 Ferrari ASR drives. It was a pig of a car in real life, too so perhaps it's just realistic LOL.

If you already have the ASR 1991 cars, simply unRAR this over to your cars folder. This limits the fuel, changes the consumption (which forces the cars to pit) and installs the sparks mod automatically. Designed to work with my season files. The full car package is downloadable there as well. NO PITSTOP APPS NEEDED! NO CONTENT MANAGER SETTINGS NEEDED!

I have played 5 full seasons of this mod. Here is a statistical analysis and review of the latest one (10 laps only). Tried to make the season as realistic as possible (results wise).

I always keep the grid at 20 cars. This has many benefits. Because AC ai cars don't behave like the real F1 cars on their warmup lap and as backmarkers (give space) full grid would make way too difficult to get a clear QF lap. Also lower ranked ai cars aggression is low exactly for this same reason. With high aggression their behaviour in slow QF laps and as backmarkers is NOT realistic. With higher aggression they try to knock you out even during the blue flags. The downside is that now when accident happens they sometimes get stuck behind eachother on street tracks. But it's a compromise, you can't get it both ways. If you feel this is not good, feel free to add the full grid yourself. The ASR package has it.

Track list:
1. Phoenix street circuit 25 laps
2. Interlagos 1992 ASR 20 laps
3. Imola 1988 15 laps
4. Monaco 1988 20 laps
5. Montreal 1992 ASR 25 laps
6. Hermanos Rodriguez 1988 20 laps
7. Magny Cours 1992 ASR 20 laps
8. Silverstone 1992 ASR 20 laps
9. Hockenheim 1988 15 laps
10. Hungaroring 1992 ASR 20 laps
11. Spa 1988 15 laps
12. Monza 1988 15 laps
13. Estoril 1992 ASR 20 laps
14. Barcelona 1992 ASR 15 laps
15. Suzuka 1992 ASR 20 laps
16. Adelaide 1992 ASR 20 laps

All download links in the video description.

The RSS 1990 Season has been changed to longer races and mandatory pitstops too. Check the video in my Youtube channel. It has all the stuff downloadable.

Also previously released 1983 and 1987.

Edit: The champs files had skinnames from previous version (Modena, Moreno). Redownload the fix. Works now.

Last edited:

This adds track logo and sections file (nothing more, doesn't overwrite anything else)

Attachments

• zeltweg60s.zip
    27.3 KB · Views: 7

Hope everything is okay!!

And you can run a Cup series with that, Citroen 2CV belgium and uk class, 29bhp of pure madness!!
Mods from Uncle M

1710597480439.png

What's the benefit of CSP physics vs. standard physics on some of the newer RSS GT-M car mods?
In really simple terms, more variables.

Analogy:
If you have a square and you can only colour it black or white, you'd need quite the imagination to see a tree.
If you have a grid of 4x4, it gets better. Buuut, could be a tree, could be a T.
Make it 16x16 and now you actually can see a tree shape.
Now make it colour. Ahh, there we go. Now make it 4kx4k in 65 million colours. See that bug on the leaf? :)

OK. AC has a single contact-point tyre model. Temp, grip, wear all have 1 point to manage response and transmit feel.
C-Phys has a 9-point tyre contact patch model. And multi-layer carcass model. And a carcass distortion model. And more variables in suspension response to speed and load inputs.

More variables, that paint a better, more colourful, more informative sensation through the wheel and pedals.

Last edited:
Updates for Reboot Team tracks:

Autodrom Most v.1.2

Changelog:
  • added new no-chicane layout
  • added new skidmarks to some heavy braking zones
  • improved penalties and cut detection for vanilla penalty system
  • fixed white lines not properly overlapping with skidmarks and shadows
  • added LUA scripted digital display to the start
  • removed damping from green surfaces
Circuit Zolder v.1.2

Changelog:

• removed Multiplayer layout (obsolete with latest CSP versions)
Please do clean install to get rid of old layouts!

Misano World Circuit 1.1

Changelog:
  • reworked physical walls to improve performance

Now leaving:
  • Ain-Diab/Casablanca 1958
  • Buenos Aires 1953, 1955-1960 (Exists as Circuit No. 9 Alternative GT, but with the shorter final hairpin, and the newer final chicane)
  • Buenos Aires 1954 (Same layout as above, but run in reverse)
  • Dallas 1984
  • Detroit 1982 (Same layout as Detroit 1988, but with extra hairpin section at Turn 5)
  • Estoril 1994-1996 (Mix between Old Estoril, and Current Estoril. It's basically current Estoril, but before the Turn 1 reprofiling)
  • Long Beach (1976, 1978, 1982, 1983)
  • Magny-Cours 1991 (Has a chicane after the first hairpin)
  • Monsanto 1959
  • Montreal 1996-2001
  • Monza 1994-1999 (Current Monza, but with the old Rettifilo chicane. Curva Grande through to Lesmos had all been reprofiled from 1993)
  • Pedralbes 1951-1954
  • Pescara 1957
  • Phoenix 1989-1990 (1st sector completely different to 1991 layout)
  • Reims Gueux 1953 (Tempted to just say it exists as current Reims layout. Has tighter hairpins at Muizon and Thillois)
  • Silverstone 1994-1995 (Differences to current 1991 layout are: Reprofiled Copse, reprofiled Stowe, introduction of Abbey chicane, Priory/Brooklands brought forward)
  • Silverstone 1996 (Differences to current 1999 layout are: Reprofiled Copse [same layout as above], Priory/Brooklands brought forward [same layout as above])
  • Silverstone 2010 (same as current, but pit-straight in the old spot before Copse)
  • Zandvoort 1980-1985 (Chicane added at Hondenvlak)
  • Zolder 1973 (Close to Zolder 1967 that exists, but with Klein chicane added in)
  • Zolder 1975-1984 (Introduction of Jackie Ickxbocht chicane)
Actually, I lied about this list. Disregard. The quoted version - below is the up to date one. This includes EVERY SMALL CHANGE in layouts (or at least as much as possible), and is the list of circuits that we do not have the exact versions of. Those that are an alternate layout of another track will say as much in the brackets.

• Ain-Diab/Casablanca 1958
  • Anderstorp 1968-1973 (original rounded corner after airstrip)
  • Anderstorp 1974-1977 (chicane at corner after airstrip)
  • Brands Hatch 1960-1975 (This is the original GP layout - Since then, Paddock Hill, Bottom/Graham Hill to South Bank/Surtees section, Westfield and Dingle Dell/Sheene have been reprofiled)
  • Buenos Aires 1953, 1955-1960 (Exists as Circuit No. 9 Alternative GT, but with the shorter final hairpin, and the newer final chicane)
  • Buenos Aires 1954 (Same layout as above, but run in reverse)
  • Buenos Aires 1972-1973 (Circuit number 9, last corner in it’s 60’s-70’s version)
  • Detroit 1982 (Same layout as Detroit 1988, but with extra hairpin section at Turn 5)
  • Estoril 1994-1996 (Mix between Old Estoril, and Current Estoril. It's basically current Estoril, but before the Turn 1 reprofiling)
  • Imola 1980 (1981-1994 Imola, but with no Acqua Minerale chicane)
  • Jarama 1966-1979 (first corner is a double apex right, and the looping right after the kink – Ascari – is a shortened double turn instead, and the hairpin behind the pit building has been reprofiled since)
  • Jarama 1980-1989 (the above version, but with the hairpin behind the pits in it’s current form)
  • Long Beach 1982 (big changes from older layout)
  • Long Beach 1983 (See above)
  • Magny-Cours 1991 (Has a chicane after the first hairpin)
  • Monsanto 1959
  • Montreal 1996-2001 (Modern day Montreal but with older pit exit setup – turn 2 has since been reprofiled to accommodate this – and the final hairpin has also since been reprofiled)
  • Monza 1950-1954 (I believe a poor version of this exists, but... Essentially is 60s Monza, but with the extended out + squared corner version of Parabolica before the oval was fixed)
  • Monza 1994-1999 (Current Monza, but with the old Rettifilo chicane. Curva Grande through to Lesmos had all been reprofiled from 1993)
  • Pescara 1957 (I believe a really poor version exists, but.. I know there is a great version that is going to be released as per the updates in this thread - I forget the creator's name though)
  • Phoenix 1989-1990 (1st sector completely different to 1991 layout)
  • Reims Gueux 1953 (Tempted to just say it exists as current Reims layout, but it has tighter hairpins at Muizon and Thillois)
  • Riverside 1957-1968 (straight hairpin/oval bend at final corner instead of the version with the kink first)
  • Silverstone 1994-1995 (Differences to current 1991 layout are: Reprofiled Copse, reprofiled Stowe, introduction of Abbey chicane, Priory/Brooklands brought forward)
  • Silverstone 1996 (Differences to current 1999 layout are: Reprofiled Copse [same layout as above], Priory/Brooklands brought forward [same layout as above])
  • Silverstone 2010 (same as current, but pit-straight in the old spot before Copse)
  • Suzuka 2001-2002 (first iteration after Dunlop curve was reprofiled into it’s current format, but before the final chicane was reprofiled to it’s current form)
  • Zandvoort 1979 (Temporary chicane added at Hondenvlak)
  • Zandvoort 1980-1985 (Marlborobocht bends replaced Hondenvlak)
  • Zolder 1973 (Close to Zolder 1967 that exists, but with Kleine chicane added in)

Last edited:
Yesterday I started to catch frequent random crashes on loading on different combinations of cars and tracks, both original ones from Kunos and modder ones. Some combo's loads proper, some - crashes after 1 sec after load on track.
The funny thing is that I didn’t change anything either in terms of content or settings.
Has anyone encountered something similar?
I'm on CSP 0.2.3p1 | Pure 0.252 | CM 0.8.2633.39678 (x86).

Attachments

• crash.png
    crash.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back