- 548

- United Kingdom
Same as @Tummie555, a good swappy swap.
OR you can use it in a hotlap ride (on a track it has trouble with, for exemple), make the Ai drive (ctrl + G, then ctrl +C, something like that), open the AI app (should be accessible by default with the developper's enable) and craft the AI yourself by looking how it behave with your changes.
I can't find my bookmark about it, but I do remember @Smurth making a very good tutorial about what does what. I actually updated many cars' broken AI thanks to it.
On another note, a bit of update on my stupid Piper project.
Yep, stupid, because I have a few low-res pictures of it, litterally just ONE pic of the interior, and the "new" model still in use (as of 2007, lawl) is quite different to his ancestor in fact. I even tried to ask on some Piper's fan groups for any help regarding the size of the car, or just some datas : nothing. So, appart for the famous height of 30inches, I have no scale figure. sounds like FUN.
Anyway, it's still going well as of now.
View attachment 1337092
And a little size comparaison. It looked way too low to me when I was doing it and when putted next to a 40inches GT40, well... It actually look right. Which makes it even more amazing (and even HARDER to get a driver to fit in it).
View attachment 1337093View attachment 1337094
I changed tactic this time, I exported it quickly on CM to compare it to others and get a driver to fit right, probably trying a few drives to get something correct out of it once I got it running, but don't get fooled : textures are at a bare minimum, many stuff missing (like the front spoiler) and no interior yet. And with one picture in stock, it's gonna be the main trouble, I tell you
So, still a lot of work before anything viable, but I wouldn't mind some advices/point of view about the size thing. whatcha think ?
Mind blown! Looks fantastic.
I think that height looks about right and the size in general. Some of the WSC cars we looked at the size of over and over thinking "that can't be right" but they do add up (apart from the GS is definitely oversized!). This looks appropriately smaller than the GT40. No idea how the driver fit in, he must have been lying back like in a bathtub.
The part that looks a bit strange to me is the size of the light pods but, again, that's likely just because it's so different to the other cars of its era, we those two horizontal lights instead of one stacked on the other. I had originally thought that bottom rectangular light at the front was the same one as the GT40s use for their main lights.
The other part is the shape of the front 'splitter' or fender or whatever that area between the front lights is (the bit with the red arrow on the above photo). On your model that looks to have a curve to it, whereas it seems pretty straight on any pics I can find.
Have you tried reaching out to any of the owners of the real/replica ones?
Either way, looks great - top work and thanks for the preview pics.