Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,748 comments
I guess PD are not going to be very happy about some guy taking their Trial Mountain track. Furthermore, i´m guessing the Loch Ness Monster won´t take this in a polite way, either.

Why, it's not like he's simply copy and paste out of GT into AC, he build the track from scratch and even it's not 100% accurate, I think PD couldn't care less about that.

But to be honest I like the mod even more than the track in GT

2 more tracks added: Mission, Canadian track, very smooth road surface and very interesting track layout, and Oran Park from Australia.

Akagi Mountain pass
Algarve
Alp Hillclimb
Aosta Grand Sport
Autumn Ring
Barcelona
Bathurst
Brand Hatch
Brno
Cascavel
Chayka
Circuit of The Americas
Daytona
Death Race
Donington Park
Dorifto
Dragon Range
Eastern Creek
Fuji Speedway short track
Fuji International
Gen Track 1
Glava Zete
Gunsai Touge
Hillclimb
Hockenheim Old Circuit
Hungaroring
Indianapolis
Interlagos
Interlagos79
Joux Plane
Laguna
Lime Rock
Losail
Malaysia
Mallory Park
Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit
Mid Ohio
Mission
Monaco
Montreal
Montreal
Montreal 1994
Mosport Park
Nardo
Nordschleife
Oran Park
Okoyama
Paul Ricard
Phillip Island
Prato
Rivijera
Road Atlanta
Road America
Sandown
Sarthe (Le Mans)
Shanghai Roof Top
Suzuka
Top Gear
Trial Mountain
Vairano
Watkins Glen
Westwood 1990
Willow
Zolder

Last edited:
Why, it's not like he's simply copy and paste out of GT into AC, he build the track from scratch and even it's not 100% accurate, I think PD couldn't care less about that.

But to be honest I like the mod even more than the track in GT

Would be great if an 1:1 copy and paste would be possible :) I am so used to the gt version of most tracks that it feels totally inaccurate in some other games. Like suzuka, Nordschleife etc.

Would be great if an 1:1 copy and paste would be possible :) I am so used to the gt version of most tracks that it feels totally inaccurate in some other games. Like suzuka, Nordschleife etc.

The problem is the poly count. GT5/6 for an old gen has ridiculous amount of poly count, especially the car model. I dont think the AC engine will accept it. Maybe Pcar engine, but Pcar is a closed system.

The Nordschleife in AC is horrible, but I've never driven on a good Nordschleife in games other than in GT6.
But Mount Panorama (albeit pretty inaccurate) and the Trail Mountain tracks in AC are all a lot more fun than in GT.

Last edited:
The Nordschleife in AC is horrible, but I've never driven on a good Nordschleife in games other than in Nordschleife.
But Mount Panorama (albeit pretty inaccurate) and the Trail Mountain tracks in AC are all a lot more fun than in GT.

Snoopy's version 0.93 is great fun! FAR from 'Horrible'. Different, for sure; and prolly not accurate; but massive fun!

Now, Mount Panorama in AC (either one really) is 'horrible', IMO.

Paul Ricard has been released. :)

http://corsatracks.wordpress.com/

yes we got the Castelet, Okayama and the prato, it is hard to keep up,:scared:
We are getting 2 or 3 a day and more are coming, we also got a new version of Algarve ( Portimeo ) better than the first one IMO.

@20832, you are of course entitleds to your opinion, but I could not disagree less about your comment on Snoopy's conversion, it is my favorite Ring.
Other version might have a slightly more accurate layout but they do not have AC physic and FFB.
Some versions on console do not even have adjustment for FOV, it does not matter even if it is laser scanned, if you are driving with the wrong perspective everything is off anyway. like looking at the track using binoculars the wrong way.

Edit, an other one just released: Sandown Raceway

Last edited:
Snoopy's version 0.93 is great fun! FAR from 'Horrible'. Different, for sure; and prolly not accurate; but massive fun!

Now, Mount Panorama in AC (either one really) is 'horrible', IMO.
yes we got the Castelet, Okayama and the prato, it is hard to keep up,:scared:
We are getting 2 or 3 a day and more are coming, we also got a new version of Algarve ( Portimeo ) better than the first one IMO.

@20832, you are of course entitleds to your opinion, but I could not disagree less about your comment on Snoopy's conversion, it is my favorite Ring.
Other version might have a slightly more accurate layout but they do not have AC physic and FFB.
Some versions on console do not even have adjustment for FOV, it does not matter even if it is laser scanned, if you are driving with the wrong perspective everything is off anyway. like looking at the track using binoculars the wrong way.

Edit, an other one just released: Sandown Raceway

Well, horrible may be the wrong word for it, but let's just say it's improveable. Most of the parts are pretty spot on and the elevation changes are accurate as well, but what I find is, that some turns are simply too stark, and that is not just the case with comparing it to other conversions in other games, but also compared to the real life experience I have over the Nordschleife.
And to be honest (although I know, what you mean), but physics don't change a mediocre conversion into something awesome. But to each his own I guess.

Well, horrible may be the wrong word for it, but let's just say it's improveable. Most of the parts are pretty spot on and the elevation changes are accurate as well, but what I find is, that some turns are simply too stark, and that is not just the case with comparing it to other conversions in other games, but also compared to the real life experience I have over the Nordschleife.
And to be honest (although I know, what you mean), but physics don't change a mediocre conversion into something awesome. But to each his own I guess.
Well, it's a conversion from the 2007 Nordschleife from Com8, originally made as an rFactor mod. The 3D model is many years old now and if you want to critisize it, please don't critisize the really well conversion work.

Well, it's a conversion from the 2007 Nordschleife from Com8, originally made as an rFactor mod. The 3D model is many years old now and if you want to critisize it, please don't critisize the really well conversion work.

I never played rFactor, and I can only critizise, what I played myself. I don't see, why I'm being bashed for simply stating my opinion :rolleyes:
It's not even like I say it's unplayable and I even toned down and admitted that "horrible" was a little bit too harsh.

If you guys like it, then all power to you, I enjoy it as well, it's great to have the Nordschleife in AC, but I'm simply saying, that it's not the greatest mod of the Nordschleife that's out there, and that is my opinion regardless of whether it's a mod, official track from the dev or a conversion.

Last edited:
I'm not bashing you for your opinion, just saying that you're too harsh and citisizing the wrong person.
Also, I'd like to know which mod Nordschleife you think is better, because I don't know a single one.
I know that the track is far from perfect (I always critisized some of the wrong parts myself), but you have to respect the insane amount of work Com8 and co put into it.

I'm not bashing you for your opinion, just saying that you're too harsh and citisizing the wrong person.
Also, I'd like to know which mod Nordschleife you think is better, because I don't know a single one.
I know that the track is far from perfect (I always critisized some of the wrong parts myself), but you have to respect the insane amount of work Com8 and co put into it.

I never critizised the modder themselves nor the converter of the track, if anything I critizised their work, and even that constructively. I stated, that I find some of the turns are too stark and haven't just said "This sucks, -100/10 would not drive again", I stated reasons for my opinion. Furthermore, I never wanted and, in my view, never have disrespected the work of the modder. I respect them even more simply because I cannot do stuff like they do, but again I think they do appareciate feedback to improve it. Please don't put words into my mouth, I've never said or meant that way.

The best "mod", again more of a conversion, I've driven of the Nordschleife was in GTR 2, which (I believe) was converted from GTR Evolution, even the Mod created for GTR 2 itself was better in my opinion than the one here in AC.

I'm loving racing Mission Raceway Park, it's the closest road course to me IRL. Also loving Westwood, wish that it hadn't been demolished before I had a chance to drive it. Really cool that it now lives on in AC.

It takes a very long time to make a track special, I've been talking to some modders and one told me they are making Monaco from scratch, and the amount of detail the modeller is doing is crazy said the texture guy. He said he has 60,000,000 faces to fill textures with!

thats alot of zero's...lol

Look how long it takes a professional company to make cars or tracks. These modders are converting some and some are scratch made, over time they will improve only if the modder wants to continue the work as it can be daunting if starting to learn from new. It can easily turn into a huge long term project.

Snoopy's 0.9.3 is a very nice challenging drive and I actually dont mind it because i've driven it in rF1+2 quite afew times already. If there was a smoother version of 0.9.3 that would be a great conversion of Com8's work, however Snoopy has put in alot of work to try to make NS as accurate as possible with version 0.9.8

I got to say it is starting to look more like it but there are afew problems here and there that can be fixed. However right now I appreciate the driving experience from 0.9.3 more than 0.9.8

*EDIT*

Loving this time on AC right now, every few days theres a bunch of tracks to download :D

Wonder how long before car content starts coming :eek:

A new version of the famous track is available
-completely new layout much closer to real life
-trees fixes
-texture fixes
-2d treeline trees not so 2d anymore
-no A.I. and cams files for now (22.06.2014)
-smoothed most of the big bumps

Let's try it.:D

Nürburgring Nordschleife

That could be a placebo effect, but I think that the overall track layout has been improved! Hatzenbach, Ex - Mühle, Eschbach and Galgenkopf have been improved and are now pretty much spot on! Only turn that still needs a little improvement is the turn after Wehrseifen, that's still too stark, but overall I'm very much satisfied with this update! :)

It takes a very long time to make a track special, I've been talking to some modders and one told me they are making Monaco from scratch, and the amount of detail the modeller is doing is crazy said the texture guy. He said he has 60,000,000 faces to fill textures with!

thats alot of zero's...lol

Look how long it takes a professional company to make cars or tracks. These modders are converting some and some are scratch made, over time they will improve only if the modder wants to continue the work as it can be daunting if starting to learn from new. It can easily turn into a huge long term project.

Snoopy's 0.9.3 is a very nice challenging drive and I actually dont mind it because i've driven it in rF1+2 quite afew times already. If there was a smoother version of 0.9.3 that would be a great conversion of Com8's work, however Snoopy has put in alot of work to try to make NS as accurate as possible with version 0.9.8

I got to say it is starting to look more like it but there are afew problems here and there that can be fixed. However right now I appreciate the driving experience from 0.9.3 more than 0.9.8

*EDIT*

Loving this time on AC right now, every few days theres a bunch of tracks to download :D

Wonder how long before car content starts coming :eek:

Well, the modder you talked to chose the most extreme example here :D I think monaco is the hardest track to build because of the buildings, the sea, the tunnel and so on. Thats a butload of textures and polygons.

Anyway, it is an incredible act of work to create a track and I respect all modders who invest their time in this. At the end they do this for free and get not paid for it.

Interesting thread and talking here:tup:

I was wondering if is possible to make some kind of poll which will be frequently updated with new incoming tracks and updates of the old ones in order to distinguish the tracks that worth to deal with. There are too many already (I think more than 60) and, lately, I have the feeling that I'm loosing my (precious) time looking for the ones that deserve to deal with.

@Cote Dazur, thank you for gathering the list!👍

Interesting thread and talking here:tup:

I was wondering if is possible to make some kind of poll which will be frequently updated with new incoming tracks and updates of the old ones in order to distinguish the tracks that worth to deal with. There are too many already (I think more than 60) and, lately, I have the feeling that I'm loosing my (precious) time looking for the ones that deserve to deal with.

@Cote Dazur, thank you for gathering the list!👍
I agree, maybe @Thom Lee could update OP with Cote Dazur's list along with a small description on which version's needs minor or major improvements.
That way people can make better choices in getting the good quality ones, having said that though bare in mind that there will be alot of beginner modders and that their version needs alot of testing and fixing along with texture updates so they could just be released to get feedback from the rest of the community to keep working on it.

I've tried a whole bunch of the modded tracks and almost every one of them is too bumpy and acts strange. It's almost like the tracks are created too low res for the AC physics engine and thus the cars bounce around them like crazy and do strange unpredictable things. The Nordschleife is a prime example, Le Mans too.

They all have in common that they appear to be Rfactor conversions, the Joux Plane from Richard Burns Rally doesn't seem to have the problem. Aside from that I almost feel like just deleting all these mod tracks and waiting for some more official ones.
I heard that has something to do with tri and cube poly's on the tarmac surface. A tri poly is supposedly the culprit that is causing those bumps. There is a smoothing tool in the SDK tools that will improve it but if modders use cube poly then it should be easier to fix with an update.

Last edited:
There is a track modding thread at the support forum with comments and possibility to give feedback to the converters and scratch modder.
Even if at the beginning the quality of conversion was not so good, the one we are getting now are pretty good on all aspect.
Like many I am overwhelmed by how many we got in such a short time, it feels like the gold rush in the far west , lots of energy.
It will fade for obvious reasons.
But now I feel privilege to be part of it.

That could be a placebo effect, but I think that the overall track layout has been improved! Hatzenbach, Ex - Mühle, Eschbach and Galgenkopf have been improved and are now pretty much spot on! Only turn that still needs a little improvement is the turn after Wehrseifen, that's still too stark, but overall I'm very much satisfied with this update! :)

Wow I need to read this thread more often ... I've spent a (somewhat agonizing) several days doing Snoopy's 0.9.3 Nordschleife and just getting used to where all the tough spots are. Looks like when I get home tonight I'll have to try out the new one.

It's funny, but as much as I thought certain turns were inaccurate, it's like I had to bend my mind a bit and see it differently and suddenly the line is the same as I remembered it, there's just more elevation change to factor in. Also, I've spent some (rather unsuccessful) time driving the Ferrari 312 which is a beast on the 'Ring, can't see how Lauda got a 6:55 in that thing... but boy it sure made it easier to go back and drive the Formula Abarth or the Lotus 125!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back