Association Football Trivia Thread

• Thread starter Liquid
  • 2,675 comments
I'm gonna take a shot at QPR. The big teams don't like playing there because the pitch is so narrow.

Oddly, the difference between this pitch and - to pluck a random example - Wolverhampton Wanderers's (109yd x 70yd - 7,630sqyd) is pretty close to the difference between Wolves' and Old Trafford (115yd x 75yd - 8,625sqyd).

It's amazing how small they get so quickly. Fnarr. Still, even League One Hillsborough and Bramall Lane are 8,236sqyd and 8,064sqyd respectively.

Macclesfield Town, Moss Rose.

(Carpet bomb it off the map, please.)

or Hereford United, Edgar Street.

Right idea, wrong team.

They're League 2 right now and might be League 2 next year - I can't say until next weekend...

So it's one of the teams in the playoff final then, I'll go for Cheltenham Town so it'll probably be the other team.:lol:

Yep - the Alexandra Stadium/Gresty Road pitch is just 100 yards long (the minimum) and 66 yards wide, at 6,600 square feet. 31% less playing surface than Old Trafford's pitch :lol:

So, we've ascertained that Steve "doop doo dee doo dooo" Manamana was the first, and so far only, Englishman to win the European Cup/Champions league with a non-UK team. Name the Scot that's done the same.

Right you are. Motherwell played Borussia Dortmund in the UEFA cup and then they signed Lambert the next season. I doubt they would have heard of him otherwise and moving there made his career. We knew he was a decent player, but we never thought he was that good.

Last edited:
And which league ground in the UK has the largest playing area?

Only kidding. By the way, it's Port Vale's Vale Park - at 8,778sqyd it exceeds the playing surface at all Premier League grounds (most of which adhere to UEFA Category 3 or 4 standards - 105m by 68m or 115yd by 74yd; 8,510sqyd).

What's the dubious honour shared by Dean Richards, Curtis Davies, Mikel Arteta and Nigel Reo-Coker?

Stab in the dark here, seeing I only know Richards and Davies...

Playing for the England Under 21's side?

They've all been racially abused by Luis Suarez?

Bit of a small field for that answer. I was once racially abused by Luis Suarez...

Stab in the dark here, seeing I only know Richards and Davies...

Playing for the England Under 21's side?

That's not especially dubious, but international games are on the right lines...

I know Arteta has never played for the grown-up Spanish team. But that can't be the answer as there'd be more than just those 4...

EDIT: Not jsut Spain, obviously... It'd be England for the other 3

Back