Aston Martin DP-100 Vision Gran Turismo – Unveiled 27/06/14.

• Thread starter zzz_pt
  • 396 comments
The main headlamp isn't on.....
It's on now.
Untitled-1.png

Delayed what ? They said July and we're still in July. By now y'all should've learned to adjust your baseless expectations.

"I want X = X should happen" and it doesn't work like that. ;)

But nope - let's instead post the same crap every time.

1. PD says the month

2. Middle of that month - "well where's the update ?"

3. Around 20-22 - "well it's delayed"

4. 25-28 - "🤬 PD, seriously you're the worst!"

5. Updates comes - "OMG so awesome, thanks PD!! Great job!"

:rolleyes:
Don't forget to mention that the people in 4 and 5 are not the same

Than we can just build the vacuum inside the AM VGT and BAM! You got a engine to record. :sly:
You're better than that, Toko
Overused joke is overused.

Don't understand why people keep saying it doesn't exist when I've seen it with my own eyes at goodwood. Yes only in concept form but still I swear it wasn't a figment of my imagination lol.

Thing that struck me most about the Aston up close was that it seemed quite small (compared to the vw and Nissan which I saw earlier in the day) and it was incredibly low down, almost on the ground it seemed lol, so I reckon the centre of gravity and air displacement could make it a cracking car to drive... :)

Don't understand why people keep saying it doesn't exist when I've seen it with my own eyes at goodwood. Yes only in concept form but still I swear it wasn't a figment of my imagination lol.

Thing that struck me most about the Aston up close was that it seemed quite small (compared to the vw and Nissan which I saw earlier in the day) and it was incredibly low down, almost on the ground it seemed lol, so I reckon the centre of gravity and air displacement could make it a cracking car to drive... :)
Yeah the car exist after all.

Now wheres the engine.......

Don't understand why people keep saying it doesn't exist when I've seen it with my own eyes at goodwood. Yes only in concept form but still I swear it wasn't a figment of my imagination lol.:)
No no no, you high. jk. :lol:

Someone also said the engine doesn't exist in it. Is this true? If not and it does, I can tell them their drunk. :sly:

Kinda worth noting that this july is for the Nissan VGT, Aston is for the next month. Unless I missed something.

Except both said they'd be here in July in their respective articles on the GT website:

AM
http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_8894838.html

The car will be added to the PlayStation®3-exclusive title "Gran Turismo 6" through a free update planned for July 2014.

Nissan
http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_5784838.html

The car will be added to the PlayStation®3-exclusive title "Gran Turismo 6" through a free update planned for July 2014.

The key word perhaps might be "planned" since if they're late they can say "well we didn't guarantee it for July".

Bet the shocker this time will be the FT1 race car.
Except both said they'd be here in July in their respective articles on the GT website:

AM
http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_8894838.html

Nissan
http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_5784838.html

The key word perhaps might be "planned" since if they're late they can say "well we didn't guarantee it for July".
Well thats was unexpected. Usually VGT comes once per month. Hence "im missing something".

Perhaps they will be released together like they did with the BMW and Mitsubishi

No it isnt. Its BMW first then Mitsubishi next month.

Last edited:
if i have one complaint about this car, its the colours. not the fact that its two tone (thats cool) but colours all look flat and dull.

Well thats was unexpected. Usually VGT comes once per month. Hence "im missing something".

Looking at the releases since the BMW it's seemed more like a once-every-two-weeks schedule rather than once-a-month schedule... I was kind of expecting a mid-nowish July launch for the Nissan and then an end-of-July or beginning-of-August release for the Aston... But I guess something came up...

I'd like to say the wait is killing me. . . .
but if PD is sadistic enough to keep us waiting for the promised features, their staff may just take pleasure in knowing Im wrecking my brain waiting in anticipation of both VGT cars.

I'd like to say the wait is killing me. . . .
but if PD is sadistic enough to keep us waiting for the promised features, their staff may just take pleasure in knowing Im wrecking my brain waiting in anticipation of both VGT cars.
Maybe they're working under the "Good things come to those who wait." Motto.

if i have one complaint about this car, its the colours. not the fact that its two tone (thats cool) but colours all look flat and dull.
I'd have to have a closer look, but I do right now hope we can repaint it.

It'll be even sweeter if the striping changed colours with the rims, that'd be a brilliant move and it's what I was hoping for with the AMG Racing's pinstripes down the sides/on the spoiler.

Perhaps we should all stop embarrassing ourselves with inquiry and speculation until July is over. Contrary to the general mood, the update isn't late, and won't be for another week.
Indeed it may not be late, however, both cars were scheduled for a July release and VGT cars have so far only been released no less than two weeks apart, so that they may be spread out into their own seasonal events, draw attention to each car and keep all the manufacturers on good, clean terms. e.g. Daihatsu can't have their spotlight stolen by Lamborghini, as their cars won't be released too close together. There are not two weeks left of this month, so the only way both cars can make it on time would be if the Nissan is released tomorrow, and the Aston Martin breaks the pattern and is released only 1 week later, on the 31st, then the Aston Martin will be late.

I started writing this a while ago, but forgot to press 'post' for two hours :dunce:

Indeed it may not be late, however, both cars were scheduled for a July release and VGT cars have so far only been released no less than two weeks apart, so that they may be spread out into their own seasonal events, draw attention to each car and keep all the manufacturers on good, clean terms. e.g. Daihatsu can't have their spotlight stolen by Lamborghini, as their cars won't be released too close together. There are not two weeks left of this month, so the only way both cars can make it on time would be if the Nissan is released tomorrow, and the Aston Martin breaks the pattern and is released only 1 week later, on the 31st, then the Aston Martin will be late.

I started writing this a while ago, but forgot to press 'post' for two hours :dunce:

No offence but I think this has been over-analysed (the whole thing about manufacturers needing to be on good clean terms, for instance, is pure speculation), there haven't really been enough VGT cars released for definitive patterns to have formed.

Last edited:
No offence but I think this has been over-analysed (the whole thing about manufacturers needing to be on good clean terms, for instance, is pure speculation) there haven't really been enough VGT cars released for definitive patterns to have formed.
Yes, the bit I threw in about manufacturers in there is only speculation, I will say though that only releasing the cars one at a time with at least a two-week gap has clear benefits for PD and SONY, as they can spread out VGT releases as wide as possible while they wait for the rest of them to be finished. If they released both cars in quick succession this month, they may be hard-pressed to find something to release next month, so they've got plenty of incentive to take their time.

Yes, the bit I threw in about manufacturers in there is only speculation, I will say though that only releasing the cars one at a time with at least a two-week gap has clear benefits for PD and SONY, as they can spread out VGT releases as wide as possible while they wait for the rest of them to be finished. If they released both cars in quick succession this month, they may be hard-pressed to find something to release next month, so they've got plenty of incentive to take their time.

All true, but I still don't think there's enough evidence of anything for people to be complaining about VGT cars arriving late.

Back