Here it is in "nearly-production-spec"

aston-martin-valkyrie-05-1499813227.jpg

aston-martin-valkyrie-07-1499813392.jpg

aston-martin-valkyrie-09-1499813227.jpg

aston-martin-valkyrie-10-1499813392.jpg

aston-martin-valkyrie-17-1499813392.jpg

aston-martin-valkyrie-15-1499813227.jpg

Those are some odd wheels.
Especially considering the pre-"near-production spec" had more mundane ones, which i still believe fit the car's "character" better

It doesn't look like you would see much out of it...

I think it looks great from the side, but not so good from the front and especially not good at the back.

I think we will see a lot of these in silly crashes, at low speed into another car, or any other invisible stationary object.

The more I look at this the better it gets, wheels are very Back to the Future. Rear View is insane.

My only issues are the mounted screens, how cheap do they look? As if you've just bought them from Halfords and stuck them on your hypercar dash.

Also, the front is weak and open and pathetic looking. Really lets the whole thing down...

I wonder if with that ride height the car is able to effectively use ground effect. I guess its largely marketing for the road going version, but the track version should be interesting. If they seal off the underbody with ankle splitters and a very low ride height that car might stick the ground wonderfully.

My only issues are the mounted screens, how cheap do they look? As if you've just bought them from Halfords and stuck them on your hypercar dash.

Also, the front is weak and open and pathetic looking. Really lets the whole thing down...

I agree. Fantastic looking thing but some design choices look odd.

With the screen almost always having to be on as they serve as mirrors, surely they could have intergrated them better and into dash and frame of the car, which would have meant better design and lighter housing for the screens.

Red Bull Racing for the bodywork. Amstrad for the electronics? :D

Yeah. The two struts holding the front splitter look horrid. Like some makeshift scaffolding. And they could have made the front underbody look more appealing and still be aerodynamic, I'm sure. But who am I to question Adrian Newey.

What a truly atrocious-looking vehicle. From the back it looks like that Chinese bus for driving over traffic. From the rear three quarter it looks like a robot spider.

Troll detected! ;)

Last edited:
And here I was thinking that the new Ford GT was overly radical with its two massive flying buttresses.

Have to agree with others' comments about it the design - it does redefine the "HYPER" in hypercar. It makes all others look very tame by comparison.

I think its hilarious that there is going to be a track version. Can only imagine what that will look like!

Uh, does anyone notice something about both the lighting engine in Aston Martin's video and the floor used itself.

That floor is very similar to the Vision GT marble floor used in their display areas. And the lighting reminds me of the 2017 Nissan GT-R intro from Gran Turismo Sport. Just an observation.

It looks like Aston Martin and Red Bull got together and combined their Vision GT car with the X2011. Wait --- I'm sure that's exactly how the conversation went!

I think it looks fantastic, especially that shot from the rear end :eek:. It'll be interesting too see how a track only version pans out, as the pre-production road version we see at the moment, is hardly sedate. Otherwise it looks dramatic and eye-catching, just how a super-car/hyper-car should be IMO.

This along with the new Ford GT, are shaping up to two of my favourite current super-cars. And that's coming from someone who normally cares very little for your "average" super-car.

Last edited:
I think its hilarious that there is going to be a track version. Can only imagine what that will look like!

I imagine it will look a lot like a contemporary LMP car as it quite closely follows current prototype design features. Add a big fixed rear wing and all the features LMPs are required to have by regulation - headlight heights, engine cover fin etc and it would look remarkably similar. 👍

I think the Valkyrie is a stunning looking machine. It is not exactly a pretty car in the traditional sense, but it is beautiful in it's uncompromising and relentless quest for performance.

Those are some odd wheels.
Especially considering the pre-"near-production spec" had more mundane ones, which i still believe fit the car's "character" better

That thing looks crazy in a really awesome way. Also the wheels aren't to be aesthetically pleasing, they serve a purpose for what the car is already geared toward.

Thankfully these wheels aren't going to be on the production version. Adrian Newey speaking to Top Gear, said along the lines that the final wheels won't be disc shaped like shown. As they need to the air fed into the brakes via the intakes to have the right amount space in the wheels to let it out.

Here is the link: https://www.topgear.com/car-news/big-reads/exclusive-closer-look-ps25m-aston-martin-valkyrie

Guess they just haven't finalised the design just yet.

Last edited:
I think we are missing the real thing to celebrate here, the world's smallest center mounted high brake light.

What do you guys think is going to happen when it runs over one of these at 100mph?
manhole_cover.jpg

Nothing. Mythbusters tested this with an actual Indy car that went over a manhole at 150+ mph. Even assuming the Valkyrie creates more of a vacuum with its aero package at 100mph it won't be going fast enough to move the man hole cover.

Back