Aston Martin & Red Bull Racing to build Valkyrie hypercar, due in 2019

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 305 comments
There's 375 people lined up to buy one. So there's obviously demand.

I'm not in love with it, but it's certainly eye-catching. I imagine Red Bull is providing a fair chunk of the money for it, so I doubt it'll be the loss-leader for Aston in the same way the Veyron was for VAG.

So new NA V12 apperently not based on the current unit that features in the 1-77/ Vulcan.
Aim is for 1bhp per 1kg will be a kers system for hybrid power as well.

Also plan to make 25 "track day" specials like the Vulcan.

Peugeot 905
That's what the front end reminds me of. The pinched lights and front arches looks completely out of proportion with the overall length and width. The wheelbase makes the whole thing look even more awkward.

I think it looks less like an Aston than quite a few modern Fords, I don't like it either. The LaFerrari and P1 are very pleasing to the eye for me, but this looks like a duck, an ugly duck.

I think it looks less like an Aston than quite a few modern Fords, I don't like it either.

I cannot see anything which says Aston Martin on it apart from the badge and maybe that little bonnet crease. It doesn't even have the signature rear lights.

It's actually annoying me that it's so ugly, people GOT PAID to design this!? Seriously who gets a job in the development department at Aston Martin and then produces this!? It looks like it's from the same people that brought you the Devel Sixteen, Qatari Elibriea and the Lyons LM2 Streamliner all rolled into one :lol: It's kit car-ish.

Unless Red Bull engineers designed the whole thing and AM branded it it's an epic fail style wise IMO. Of course the fact that it's a limited production car and it's expensive will mean people will buy it as an investment piece, doesn't matter what it looks like.

Their web site is quoting 1:1 BHP:KG. So it's going to need some sort of hybrid system to make 1,000bhp... and we can see form the P1/LaF/918 that this adds a significant amount of weight.

Plus it will likely need an active suspension system if it's going to work on road and on track... to deliver the aero claims on track it will need to be too low and stiff to ever be usable on a road.

There's barely a car on the road in any class that weighs under 1,000kg for a reason.

Off-topic
Sort of reminds me this crazy car in GT games...
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/tvr/1998-tvr-cerbera-speed-12-ar10668.html

4.jpg

It is coming to almost 2 decades but then again we know what happens in RL:ouch:

Anyone notice the underbody? Or rather, the lack of underbody? I don't think I've seen anything like that....in anything. This car must have a some insane ground effects going on. :eek:

Just noticed it too...:bowdown:

Last edited:
No matter what you think about the looks, this is the first and only car designed by the genius Adrian Newey. It's obvious that people would buy it. Hell, if I were a multi-millionaire, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

That'd be hilarious, and might actually churn up people to buy it.
Haha it would be funny. The human mind is an odd one, say they're all spoken for and everyone wants it, say no ones interested and suddenly people don't like it as much. Girls are the bloody same, every time im with girl, other hot chicks are giving me the eye or getting all tpuchy feely.

It's an Aston. They make luxury GTs. It will not be an LMP car with indicators... that doesn't fit their equity.

Even if all the above were true, if it's going to have a 1:1 power to weight, it will need a hybrid system. And no way it will ever weigh 1,000kg with batteries and motors.

If they make it (and I don't think they ever will), it will weigh at least 1,250kg.
I have not read all the specs, so maybe that's what I'm missing, but Koenigsegg said they achieved a 1:1 power-to-weight ratio with their car and it's not a hybrid. Does way a few hundred kg more though.

The Vulcan is ugly. Easily said really. Of course, that is just my opinion. 👍
The Vulcan is stunning. Easily said, really. :P
I still want a racing series with all these hypercars, FXXK, Vulcan, Zonda Revolucion, P1 GTR, maybe some "old" FXX and 599XX mixed in. Imagine these cars battling it out in Le Mans... my wet racing dream.

@G.T.Ace The difference is, I'm not disputing that you and others find the Vulcan stunning. I can understand if you and others find it stunning. It's just that I don't find it stunning. In fact, I find it quite fugly. 👍

Back