(ATCC) Australian Touring Car Championship | NW48 & Aaroh007 Are Your Driver's Champions!!!Finished 

• Thread starter NW48
  • 1,971 comments

Which Day/Time Would You Like This To Take Place?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's quite an impressive and promising life course for a young man of your age :)👍 I think it's already been told in this thread but I find you very mature compared to some other young people on GTP, it surely will help you achieve your goals!

BTW I would have enjoyed the Group C class :D
Thanks Tijee! :cheers:

We were actually all set to run it before I realised that three classes doesn't work when only 15-16 people can be in the room. We'd esessentially have a few people running in each class. I am looking into a hatchback series though, since the demand is high for them. :)

Great couple of interviews :). Kept me very entertained and thoroughly enjoyed reading them :cheers:. Can't wait for the finale race tonight, I'll see everyone that's racing tonight on track ;).

Great couple of interviews :). Kept me very entertained and thoroughly enjoyed reading them :cheers:. Can't wait for the finale race tonight, I'll see everyone that's racing tonight on track ;).
We have a test day tonight and the finale next week so everyone can have a week off before a big week next week leading up to the finale. :)

Damn. Looks like the family want to go out for dinner tonight and I won't be able to host the Test Day. So, I will need someone to host in my absence. If I get back and the room is still up, I will drop in and cut some laps. I wish everyone good luck for the test tonight! This should be a good test to see how a room would go about in operation if I cannot host. :)👍

I can host for you? I'm not doing anything tonight. You can pm me the format of the test if you want me to
You definitely can. I might just be able to drop in towards the end of the night as we are just heading out now.

No SRF, ASM, Active Steering
Normal Tyre / Fuel Depletion

That's about it, I think.

Sorry guys for the late notice but I can't quite make this test tonight, I might be a little later but cant say for sure. I'll check in if I do get a little time before it's too late.

Disconnected from my current going-to-be PB, but if I took S2 gap into perspective I'd be aiming for low to mid 23's. 👍

Firstly, thank you @Jordiehamz for hosting the test day last night, sorry I couldn't hang around for too long, started drifting off and spending a far bit of time in the gravel. :lol:
---

For today's 'Driver-In-Focus' interview, I have Group B's dark horse, @Jordiehamz. Jordiehamz always seems to be there to pick up the points when it matters.

1. What drew you to the ATCC?

Well, when I got my g27 for Christmas last year, I wanted to do a couple championships too see if I could improve on my racing (I never really raced, I was more of a drag/drift racer :lol:.) I stumbled across the ATCC and the time suited me perfectly.

2. Do you have any real-life racing experience? (I.e; karts, track-days)
Not necessarily, I have driven go karts just for fun with a couple of mates but the closest thing to racing that I do is downhill bike riding. I've done a couple of events but that isn't really car racing ;).

3. What's your biggest Gran Turismo Racing Achievement?
I don't really have any special achievements, being new to Gran Turismo but definitely my achievement of the season so far was winning at nurb. my future goal is to become the group B drivers champion.

4. Which ATCC race were you most looking forward to?
The race that I was most looking forward to but I missed unfortunate, was Bathurst. it's one of my favourite tracks to race on :).

5. Which ATCC race were you least looking forward to?
Least favourite race was probably brands hatch with all the fast corners and and sand traps, but I missed that race because of a bad connection so I guess it wasn't so bad!

6. How do you get prepared for a race, whether in the virtual world or real world?
For me it's just practice practice practice. I take it slow (sort of like a track walk) on a new circuit, then Set a goal time and just try my hardest till I hit that goal.

7. What's your favourite Racing Discipline? (I.e; Open-Wheel, Touring, Endurance)
My favourite type of racing would have to be open wheel racing, specifically Formula 1. Although some people don't like the recent changes, it's simply mind boggling how fast these guys go. The next couple years of F1 will be very interesting :D.

8. Who's your favourite racing driver of all-time?
I couldn't find 1 driver to sum up my favourite of all time but here area couple of my favourite drivers across a couple disciplines:

James Courtney (V8SC)
Daniel Ricciardo (F1)
Mark Webber (WEC)

9. What would be the biggest racing event in the world, in your opinion?
Worldwide, it would definitely be the 24 heures du mans (I did a an assignment on it in my French class at school ;).) however the biggest race at least Australia wide is definitely the Bathurst 1000.

10. Finally, what were your aspirations for the ATCC?
Definitely being Group B champion and win the team championship with my Masala Tsunami teammate @Aaroh007. Thanks for the interview!:cheers:

And thank you for another fantastic interview for the highly successful 'Driver-In-Focus' segment. Something I hope to continue for next season. Join me on Wednesday to run through the season that was and look back on some critical statistics.

I know this is the last round and I do really wanna race. Laguna doesn't clash with GTPES Spa 6H at all but I'm just unsure right now if I'll be out or not for Laguna Seca. I'll be letting you know tomorrow.

I know this is the last round and I do really wanna race. Laguna doesn't clash with GTPES Spa 6H at all but I'm just unsure right now if I'll be out or not for Laguna Seca. I'll be letting you know tomorrow.
Thanks for the early heads up, Pubs! :)👍

If anyone else won't be able to make it, please notify before 17:00 GMT+10 on Saturday

I'm going to be a touch-and-go for Laguna tomorrow night. If it looks as if I won't be able to make it, I'll post here and get @Timlour to host in the usual spot of the Club Lobby.
I dont think I'll be able to make it mate, really sorry :( but got a bbq to go to with the gf and then need to rest and prepare for GTPES.
If you mightn't be making it, should we maybe suspend the finale for a week? Just a thought :) sounds like a few of us might be tied up.

I dont think I'll be able to make it mate, really sorry :( but got a bbq to go to with the gf and then need to rest and prepare for GTPES.
If you mightn't be making it, should we maybe suspend the finale for a week? Just a thought :) sounds like a few of us might be tied up.
It seems plausible to postpone another week, I'd be very limited on time seeing as though Spa 6 Hours starts at 12:30 ish. 👍

My fear with postponing it again is that people will lose interest with it even more and not bother showing up. It's just two people who have confirmed they won't be attending so it's not enough. I still might be able to attend, just later on in the night.

I guess we can solve this by a public vote;

If you are for postponing the Finale for another week, quote this post with "Yes For Postponing", if you aren't, quote this post with "No For Postponing".

It needs 5 votes to be successful in the postponement. Voting concludes at 18:30 GMT+10.

Back