(ATCC) Australian Touring Car Championship | NW48 & Aaroh007 Are Your Driver's Champions!!!Finished 

• Thread starter NW48
  • 1,971 comments

Which Day/Time Would You Like This To Take Place?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My fear with postponing it again is that people will lose interest with it even more and not bother showing up. It's just two people who have confirmed they won't be attending so it's not enough. I still might be able to attend, just later on in the night.

I guess we can solve this by a public vote;

If you are for postponing the Finale for another week, quote this post with "Yes For Postponing", if you aren't, quote this post with "No For Postponing".

It needs 5 votes to be successful in the postponement. Voting concludes at 18:30 GMT+10.

Yes for postponing, but your call mate I understand if you still want it to run.

How many people can come? At this stage in going to say no for postponing it but if there are limited numbers we should leave it for next week

My fear with postponing it again is that people will lose interest with it even more and not bother showing up. It's just two people who have confirmed they won't be attending so it's not enough. I still might be able to attend, just later on in the night.

I guess we can solve this by a public vote;

If you are for postponing the Finale for another week, quote this post with "Yes For Postponing", if you aren't, quote this post with "No For Postponing".

It needs 5 votes to be successful in the postponement. Voting concludes at 18:30 GMT+10.

No

The vote now stands at 3 - 4 in favour of postponing the race to next week.

I'm abstaining to not skew or corrupt the result.

The vote now stands at 2 - 5 in favour of postponing the race to next week.

Therefore the race will be postponed another week.

As a result, the Enduro Cup will be shortened to just 1 round at Bathurst.

Well, if we would have raced, I'd have made it back in time. But I'm highly unlikely (90%) to make it next week. So I will be in the process of asking someone to host for me.

Last edited:
made some pictures of a fantasy livery for my car:
GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

Guys, I won't be available for two weeks, meaning that it's most likely the end of the season for me. It's a shame that I could not attend more than a few events, for that I deeply apologize to all of you and more particularly to @NW48.

TBH I will not join the next season, actually I will continue my Parity Championship on Friday nights but otherwise I think I will stop playing GT. I've tried iRacing which has a very convenient championship schedule: a season is split in 12 weeks, and you can join a race every hour, that will count for the current week's event. Being able to jump in a race at any time of the day (or the night) is awesome for me, as I don't have much time to play.

Anyway, I wish you find more regular players @NW48, you're doing a nice work here! :)👍

bye mate...
I will be releasing a final version of the Dreamcast in about a week... slowly doing a few touches every night in between massive amounts of homework.

Guys, I won't be available for two weeks, meaning that it's most likely the end of the season for me. It's a shame that I could not attend more than a few events, for that I deeply apologize to all of you and more particularly to @NW48.

TBH I will not join the next season, actually I will continue my Parity Championship on Friday nights but otherwise I think I will stop playing GT. I've tried iRacing which has a very convenient championship schedule: a season is split in 12 weeks, and you can join a race every hour, that will count for the current week's event. Being able to jump in a race at any time of the day (or the night) is awesome for me, as I don't have much time to play.

Anyway, I wish you find more regular players @NW48, you're doing a nice work here! :)👍
It's a shame you can't finish the season, Tijee, it's been fantastic having you with us, and I completely understand having a busy schedule and not heing able to make series' other than your own. I wish you all the best with iRacing, it's certainly a great sim for those who can afford it! :)tup:

---

Hey @Thomas__633, how's the new avatar? :lol: :P

lost the bet :). You should be the regretful one, round 4 is ridiculous. Updated the Dreamcast livery:
I have about 980 layers now, although the complicated shapes like the polyphony, sega and dreamcast spirals were premade.
GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

lost the bet :). You should be the regretful one, round 4 is ridiculous. Updated the Dreamcast livery:
I have about 980 layers now, although the complicated shapes like the polyphony, sega and dreamcast spirals were premade.
GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx
I went with the safe option in that bet. :lol: Our planned avatar was definitely worse than the one you's had planned for us.

Nice livery mate, looking great. Nice blend of colours. :)👍

Awesome, good luck ! As soon as I have a stable financial situation I'll buy a decent PC and I'll be joining you on iRacing ! (could only afford a couple of months last year :indiff:)

Sorry guys, I'll be away from home this weekend and won't be able to attend the final round. A shame because Mikey will likely take 2nd in the championship from me.:(

Sorry guys, I'll be away from home this weekend and won't be able to attend the final round. A shame because Mikey will likely take 2nd in the championship from me.:(
I know how you feel as I most likely won't make it. Fortunately we do have the Enduro Cup next week at Bathurst then Season 2 Prologue should start in a month.

As for the possible replacement host, I'm yet to find one.

Have you found a host NW? I'd host, but I don't trust my internet.
Not yet. I haven't had time and no one has put themselves forward as a host. So hopefully I can find one before tge race or I'll just let anyone host and hope for the best.

Driver's Briefing to be up soon...

@David Talle, @WanganGhost, @Pringles947, @Timlour, @J_Cameron,@Aaroh007
@GTPvw_slc, @Pubs16, @Mikey24 , @Tijee, @Doomstorm16, @DaGiBUS, @Jordiehamz, @mustafur, @NinjaEvo, @Wavey2014, @True-blue-8, @Beau Albert, @LITTLEBLACKO, @Matvex, @twodogsgolden, @swiftsmith

*Names in bold are expected to show up as their attendance has been pitiful.

(GTOR) ATCC | Final Round | Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

unnamed (26).jpg

It's the final championship round of the season, and what better place to have it then one of the most feared tracks in the world, Laguna Seca. @NW48 has secured the Group A and Overall Driver's Championship as a result of @Timlour pulling out of the race due to prior commitments. After an uneeded 3 week break, the driver's of the ATCC will be itching to get back on the track in what hopefully should be a grid of 12 or 13.

Estimated Time Schedule
21:50 GMT+10 ~ Room Opens
21:55 GMT+10 ~ Cars Allowed On Track
22:10 GMT+10 ~ All Cars To Pitlane
22:11 GMT+10 ~ Tech Inspection Begins
22:13 GMT+10 ~ One-Shot Qualifying Begins
22:18 GMT+10 ~ Race 1 Begins (16 Laps // 1 Mandatory)
22:50 GMT+10 ~ Race 1 Concludes
23:00 GMT+10 ~ Race 2 Begins (16 Laps // 1 Mandatory Pitstop)
23:30 GMT+10 ~ Race 2 Concludes
23:45 GMT+10 ~ Room Closes (Time Certainty)

People Who Have Confirmed They're Not Attending
@Tijee
@Timlour
@NW48

New Qualifying Method

What will happen is, everyone will get just one lap to set their fastest time in a Qualifying session set to just 5mins. Instead of having physical cars on the track, the physical presence of cars will instead be a blue line to prevent anyone from being caught up in another's mess during the one lap. This will not affect the physical presence of cars in the race.

New Room Joining Method
This will only be in affect for the main game room, not the supports. We trialled this method a few rounds back and it worked with much success, so it shall return after a dismall run with the servers. You will only be permitted to join the room when I send you a message via PSN. You will need to join the room ASAP from the time I send you a message for this to work.

Group A & Group B Passing
If a Group A car approaches a Group B car, it is the responsibility of the Group A car to pass safely, however, if it is safe to do so, the Group B car should yield off the racing line safely.

Pit Lane Entry/Exit Lines
We are at a track that has these lines, it is important to acknowledge these lines. Failure to do so will result in a 'Dangerous Driving' penalty.

Use of Text Chat
Use of Text Chat will be slightly restricted during the round. We ask that you do not spam the text box as it does result in some server instability. This is a precaution we are taking to ensure better server stability.

Recovery Time
There will be a maximum of 10mins recovery time (Disconnection/Rejoining waiting time) before a race, this time will begin once two or more people DC from the room. Once the time is up or all the problems are resolved, the race will start, no matter what.

Safety Car
The Safety Car will be run during both races providing the Safety Car ( @Wavey2014 ) is in attendance.

I'm hoping for no less than 10 as I moved this race back a week to suit the majority, so I will be incredibly agitated if our target is not met. Let's hope it is met, so we can have a fun night of racing.

unnamed (27).jpg
unnamed (25).jpg

Back