Aussie Sony Experience GT5 demo

  • Thread starter Thread starter CoolColJ
  • 66 comments
  • 8,916 views
OK, I went back and tried it for a fair while whilst my wife was at the Trinny and Susannah thing.

I agree, frame rate was very choppy, and with 3D off at the TV I don't think the PS3 changes, so it seems that you are only getting every second frame and felt even more choppy.

blah blah blah blah

Yeah. Demo builds seem too be iffy because it's any early build of the game. or yeah just straight up crappy because they had a size limit. I'm sure the final product is waaaaaaaay better. 👍
 
I was thinking of going up there because my brother lives in Sydney, but I will only get there Saturday morning at best, will the pods still be available then, or will they just run the shootout only on Saturday?
 
I must say I was rather underwhelmed by the Sony 3D display at Garden City. 2 booths with 2 3D TV's and several glasses, and two screens mounted on a stand outside the booths with PS3's and hand controllers.

The GT5 demo was restricted to Arcade mode only, so I couln't look at any of the other menus, and there were only 5-6 tracks, and about 10-12 cars (all top end supercars) to choose from...I took the Citroen for a spin round the ring, but it was hardly ideal conditions to enjoy the game...controller, no wheel, no sound, and the race demo times out after a few minutes. Geez, if they wanted to do something for their image and sales, they were certainly going about it the wrong way.

The track itself looked awesome, but I think the 3D effect sux. The glasses are big and chunky and feel rather restrictive, and I really don't think the 3D effect is that great. Nothing like Avatar at all.

The same with the TV's I thought the 3D effect looked absolute ****e. I will not be upgrading my 42" Panny for one of these.

Oh yeah, the cockpit view...it is as I suspected, way too cluttered and takes up way too much screen real estate...it is hard to see the track and road shoulders, it is very hard to see enough of the road to get a good line at speed.

I played the GT5 demo for about 5mins and though stuff it, I'll wait till the full game comes out and get into it then.
 
Just got back from the motor show at Sydney after setting the fastest lap of the day. It was a 1.17.7ish. Was the fastest by a second or so from the previous of the day. Fingers crossed I get that free copy, only has to stand for another 5 hours :nervous: and ITS MINE!!

Edit: Aaaannnndddd wrong thread.
 
Last edited:
I played it at garden city this morning, and I agree with Vuduegg, 3d did not have any wow factor, and when playing with the suggested line on, could see 2 lines on the track, but the effects are good, when in car view, the dash looks like its outside the tv, and everything beyond the windshield goes deep into the tv.

played toscana first, when it changed to night, couldn't see a thing, I think it was because of the tinting on the 3d glasses, pointless.

then onto Rome, nice track, loved every minuet of this, had it on professional setting, with b class drivers, good competition, but once out in front stayed there.

last track was Tokyo, tried and tested, stunning.

Game is fantastic, 3d doesn't bring anything to the table, you don't need it to enjoy gt5, and in my honest opinion, don't want it either, yet........
 
I must say I was rather underwhelmed by the Sony 3D display at Garden City. 2 booths with 2 3D TV's and several glasses, and two screens mounted on a stand outside the booths with PS3's and hand controllers.

The GT5 demo was restricted to Arcade mode only, so I couln't look at any of the other menus, and there were only 5-6 tracks, and about 10-12 cars (all top end supercars) to choose from...I took the Citroen for a spin round the ring, but it was hardly ideal conditions to enjoy the game...controller, no wheel, no sound, and the race demo times out after a few minutes. Geez, if they wanted to do something for their image and sales, they were certainly going about it the wrong way.

The track itself looked awesome, but I think the 3D effect sux. The glasses are big and chunky and feel rather restrictive, and I really don't think the 3D effect is that great. Nothing like Avatar at all.

The same with the TV's I thought the 3D effect looked absolute ****e. I will not be upgrading my 42" Panny for one of these.

Oh yeah, the cockpit view...it is as I suspected, way too cluttered and takes up way too much screen real estate...it is hard to see the track and road shoulders, it is very hard to see enough of the road to get a good line at speed.

I played the GT5 demo for about 5mins and though stuff it, I'll wait till the full game comes out and get into it then.

Mind you, you had to pick the worst car for cockpit view :)
Surprised they didn't have the sound on.
 
Back