Automobilista 2 - Discussion Thread

Reiza have said it will have basically the same moddability as PCars2. So basically none due to the engine. Though they're not against it if people figure out a way of getting stuff to work for it and aren't actively blocking mods.

The modding community has already figured out how to mod some of this game ( Cars specifically , since it's been done in PCars 2 already ). The tracks will come when a the first one gets deployed , and then the flood gates will open up. I was a huge supporter of GSE and AMS 1 ( as a beta tester and investor of $200.00 ). I believe in the whole Reiza team and what they are creating here. Mark my words......this will be one of the best sims ( if not the best ) ever created. I'm stuck on AC + content manager right now , and will give AMS 2 time to season , but honestly , it already looks dang impressive!

there is tons of Reiza content coming over the next few years, we should be happy about a new racing game with fresh content FROM THE DEVELOPER :)
thing is also that PC2 is only been able to mod since its no longer updated just like Assetto Corsa. I have not seen someone extract a 3d car model from PC2 for example.
the option for custom skins i expect in AMS2, and im looking forward to making skins.

1066890_20200413203723_1.png

I just raced in Brands with the Lancer, at 10 AM, autumn, light clouds... just incredible, the driving, the photorealistic graphics, one of my best simracing experiences.

I have a problem with the open-wheel cars, my G27 rattles too much and is unplesant. With other categories the FFB is great. I dont know why is this happening, any thoughts?

I just raced in Brands with the Lancer, at 10 AM, autumn, light clouds... just incredible, the driving, the photorealistic graphics, one of my best simracing experiences.

I have a problem with the open-wheel cars, my G27 rattles too much and is unplesant. With other categories the FFB is great. I dont know why is this happening, any thoughts?
Depends on Tracks for me. Was driving with modern F1 car on some brazilian Track and it was super bumpy. At Suzuka No Problems

Depends on Tracks for me. Was driving with modern F1 car on some brazilian Track and it was super bumpy. At Suzuka No Problems

Yes it's been reported a brazilian track is super bumpy with certains cars, it's at the Reiza forum. I trust all bugs will be wiped out.

there is tons of Reiza content coming over the next few years, we should be happy about a new racing game with fresh content FROM THE DEVELOPER :).

View attachment 910229

I’m definitely excited to get the DLC that Reiza put out (except maybe GT3/4 stuff) my point about mods was that there are licenses Reiza won’t be able to get and I hope the community will find a way to put them in.

I usually by the DLC even that I’m not excited about bc I understand how niche the sim racing market is

I usually by the DLC even that I’m not excited about bc I understand how niche the sim racing market is
Same. I will get all DLCs but Season Pass is too expensive for me, and i think for 90 percent of the community. should have Season 1 and 2 Passes.
Looking forward to free Bathurst though and the classic DTM and the WTCR pack

Just drove the Caterham Superlight at Donington Park... This is absolutely phenomenal!! The patch really changed the Caterhams! I think I never enjoyed so much sim racing until AMS2!!!
Hope we get some IA as good as rF2 IA soon, or at least AMS .

You re totally wrong... There´s a lot of PC2 Mods around... not tons... but still many!
I'm fully aware that there are mods, but compared to AMS1/rFactor2/AC etc? No, there really isn't many. It's also cars only is it not? I could be wrong, but I've yet to come across a single track mod for PCars2.

And Reiza have even said this themselves, that isn't even up for debate. The Madness engine, does not lend itself to modding in the same way that the original AMS did.

Anyway, have a video.

This sim really deserves a photo thread, and its own thread in Games forum section like AC, etc:

I always wondered why it didn't have it's own dedicated section like it does elsewhere.

Last edited:
I'm fully aware that there are mods, but compared to AMS1/rFactor2/AC etc? No, there really isn't many. It's also cars only is it not? I could be wrong, but I've yet to come across a single track mod for PCars2.

And Reiza have even said this themselves, that isn't even up for debate. The Madness engine, does not lend itself to modding in the same way that the original AMS did.

Anyway, have a video.

I always wondered why it didn't have it's own dedicated section like it does elsewhere.

Regarding AMS.. I have like a zillion Mods for it... some I even converted them from rFactor...

Regarding AMS.. I have like a zillion Mods for it... some I even converted them from rFactor...
That's kind of my point. To expect that level of modding on AMS2 is unrealistic, at least at the moment.

I mean if it happens, then great, I'm sure we can all agree that would be amazing. But until there's some kind of breakthrough regarding working with the engine, it's unlikely to happen.

That's kind of my point. To expect that level of modding on AMS2 is unrealistic, at least at the moment.

I mean if it happens, then great, I'm sure we can all agree that would be amazing. But until there's some kind of breakthrough regarding working with the engine, it's unlikely to happen.

No body said ever is expecting that level of modding. Just we hope mods are posible; How many? who knows, more important is quality, for me at least if you ask me.

No body said ever is expecting that level of modding. Just we hope mods are posible; How many? who knows, more important is quality, for me at least if you ask me.
I never said mods weren't possible. Just not to expect many in the grand scheme of things.

I never said mods weren't possible. Just not to expect many in the grand scheme of things.

- I said: "Yes and I hope we can get mods eventually and/or PC2 cars and tracks converted to AMS2..."

- and you answered: "Reiza have said it will have basically the same moddability as PCars2. So basically none due to the engine"

So, let's stop this absurd conversation please.

- I said: "Yes and I hope we can get mods eventually and/or PC2 cars and tracks converted to AMS2..."

- and you answered: "Reiza have said it will have basically the same moddability as PCars2. So basically none due to the engine"

So, let's stop this absurd conversation please.
Yes, I agree this is absurd. Especially when my original comment was in reply to someone else.

I totally forgot about the moddability aspect of the game. If it's limited then that is going to be a huge blow. Reiza original content is amazing but let's face it, they don't have the budget of some of the bigger studios. All of the various generic cars and Brazilian centric tracks are reflection of that. AMS1 practically had the huge rFactor modding repository to pull from. If AMS2 can't do that then I fear this will be another ACC vs AC situation. Yes the newer game has better graphics/features and is more focused, but the majority of people would be okay with just 80% of features if that gives them complete freedom in content.

Despite the above, I agree this game sorely needs more exposure. At least a news page post would be appreciated instead of the recent trend of clickbaity articles the mods have been doing. A subforum would need a lot more activity in this thread before it gets approved by Jordan though.

I totally forgot about the moddability aspect of the game. If it's limited then that is going to be a huge blow. Reiza original content is amazing but let's face it, they don't have the budget of some of the bigger studios. All of the various generic cars and Brazilian centric tracks are reflection of that. AMS1 practically had the huge rFactor modding repository to pull from. If AMS2 can't do that then I fear this will be another ACC vs AC situation. Yes the newer game has better graphics/features and is more focused, but the majority of people would be okay with just 80% of features if that gives them complete freedom in content.

Despite the above, I agree this game sorely needs more exposure. At least a news page post would be appreciated instead of the recent trend of clickbaity articles the mods have been doing. A subforum would need a lot more activity in this thread before it gets approved by Jordan though.
Undoutably! Just like I m sure thst the physics and the Ffb is way better them PC2!

SOMMETHING LIKE PC2.75!!!!!

Last edited:
new Update for AMS2
V0.8.4.0 CHANGELOG:

CONTENT
  • Added Interlagos Kart track (3 layouts)

GENERAL
  • Disabled custom event date setting
  • Fixed bug that would cause a new track selection to retain the default date of the previous track
  • Fixed multiplayer client rebroadcasting (could cause clients to be dropped from server)

UI & HUD
  • Added pedal input & engine power/torque data to telemetry screen
  • Fixed reported issues with VR / Triple HUD customization (needs validation, will reset any previous edit in those types of display)
  • Reenabled HUD selection for Options screen in-session

FORCE FEEDBACK

Added "New Default" FFB profile, with the following changes vs "old Default:
  • "Remapped" Gain slider
  • Improved Low Force Boost formula
  • A more detailed calculation of steering linkage ratios and how they influence force transferred over to the rack
  • Overall small change in FFB output
  • More accurate self-aligning torque and factors in residual Mz, camber inclination Mz; steer gyro Mz

PHYSICS & AI
  • Updated brake disc thickness, optimum temps, wear, failure, fade properties with variations depending on brake material, fixing brake failure issues from previous build & improving brake feel on some cars
  • Minor adjustments to F-Classic tyre tread (all gens)
  • Adjusted AI tyre rolling resistance in F-V12, F-3, Roco
  • Minor AI performance update for Brands Hatch, Campo Grande, Donington, Guapore, Montreal, Oulton Park, Snetterton, Velocittá

VEHICLES
  • Puma P052: Updated missing LOD levels, cockpit display, rim blur, windscreen
  • Copa Truck: Added new parameter for Trucks to spawn in their pit slot rather then inside the garage, fixing bug in tracks where they wouldn´t fit the garage
  • Adjusted MRX & Roco collision mesh
  • Opala OldStock: Fixed bodywork mapping distortion
  • Gol Copa Classic: Added missing LOD levels
  • F-V12 : Updated #22 #23 community skin
  • Copa Uno: Completed livery updates for all cars in the series

Looking forward to seeing what they’ve done with the FFB. It was already great and it looks like they’ve put a lot of work into it

Incredible they fixed the FFB with the single-siters!! No more nasty rattles! The only car that still does that, among those I just tested, is the Fiat Uno. Dont like that car anyways..
That's good to hear! Haven't had a chance to test it yet.

I was able to turn effects back up on single seaters. I had them down to 15 because it did feel like constant rattling before

Yesterday (with the new patch) I tried a Formula V10 on Interlagos and it was pretty awesome! :) Force feedback is really nice (using new default). The sound is also sublime. Gotta put an egg on top of the throttle though cause this thing will spin quicker than you can say ooops. :lol:

Back