Automobilista 2 - Discussion Thread

I have to say what Reiza have done physics and weather-wise with this update is basically AMS2, V2.0.

Here we go, my thoughts on the update and DLC, a lot to unpack

Or... "what Reiza have done physics and weather-wise with this update is basically"... what pCARS3 should have been. :D

The end of your video review is exactly how I felt this weekend... I just kept going back to AMS2. No racing, just testing cars and the FFB. I couldn't stop. AMS2 is giving me what pCARS2 could not... the ability to find a base FFB setting that I like for all cars, with slight tweaks here and there. (Loving the per car FFB add-on setting.) Time to uninstall pCARS2.

Or... "what Reiza have done physics and weather-wise with this update is basically"... what pCARS3 should have been. :D

The end of your video review is exactly how I felt this weekend... I just kept going back to AMS2. No racing, just testing cars and the FFB. I couldn't stop. AMS2 is giving me what pCARS2 could not... the ability to find a base FFB setting that I like for all cars, with slight tweaks here and there. (Loving the per car FFB add-on setting.) Time to uninstall pCARS2.
I still find PC2 relevant. While it's no AMS2, it has it's moments and usefulness. I wouldn't think of axing it just yet myself, not to mention there's new mods still coming out week after week.
feelsgood.001.png

I still find PC2 relevant. While it's no AMS2, it has it's moments and usefulness. I wouldn't think of axing it just yet myself, not to mention there's new mods still coming out week after week.
feelsgood.001.png
To each their own. I've got my mod fix with Assetto Corsa. Then ACC, AMS2 and Raceroom covers everything else I need. I'm not finding any reason to load up pCARS2. It's time...

will-ferrell-axe.jpg

:)
Well, it has rallycross in it with full rules like joker lap. On top of that, you can use any of the cars in game to rallycross.
Just an example to throw out there.

Rally Cross with AI that is unable to drift... That looks just weird compared to the players driving...

Last edited:
I wonder is it possible that this game will get Ferrari and Lamborghini? For now I feel this is the only brands this game needs.

I wonder is it possible that this game will get Ferrari and Lamborghini? For now I feel this is the only brands this game needs.
I would only want rare/unique models from those brands. I don't need repeat of Ferraris and Lambos that are popular in other race sims. I purchased AMS2 for their focus on South American racing.

bookmarked this thread as this game is rapidly becoming my goto game for a blast. Rf2 still on top for me because of the car selection, but AMS2 is adding them each update now.

Am I the only one that went and bought AMS1 because they likes AMS2? in AMS1 I am loving the dirt tracks and cars. and I hope they bring these to AMS2, as well as the super4x4 series with jumps in the road!

Tykki in AMS1.. bring us DIRTTTT!!!!!

Last edited:
bookmarked this thread as this game is rapidly becoming my goto game for a blast. Rf2 still on top for me because of the car selection, but AMS2 is adding them each update now.

Am I the only one that went and bought AMS1 because they likes AMS2? in AMS1 I am loving the dirt tracks and cars. and I hope they bring these to AMS2, as well as the super4x4 series with jumps in the road!

Tykki in AMS1.. bring us DIRTTTT!!!!!

You'll be happy to know then that they are bringing us dirt.
1624662572551.png

Bought this in the Steam sale, I have to say I am not sure what to make of it, braking doesn't feel natural for me at all, I also feel sort of disconnected from the car, I think that may be the really bouncy nature of the cars not matching up to what I am feeling through the wheel.

More time needed, but initial impressions are not greatest! :(

Bought this in the Steam sale, I have to say I am not sure what to make of it, braking doesn't feel natural for me at all, I also feel sort of disconnected from the car, I think that may be the really bouncy nature of the cars not matching up to what I am feeling through the wheel.

More time needed, but initial impressions are not greatest! 🙁
Unfortunately the Madness engine is the Madness engine. I think Reiza has done a better job with the engine than SMS, but some bounciness/oscillation still exists. The FFB is so much better now than at version 1.0 release, however I prefer the custom FFB file from the community. Maybe one of these custom FFB files will suit your taste. There is a T300 user that contributes to this group.

The issue for you may be time if you can't find a custom FFB file that is plug and play for you. (Time because of Steam's refund policy.) I still had to tinker with the FFB file to match my taste.

Thanks for the tips, but decided to refund, other titles have my needs covered in all honesty, for example I jumped straight to another title and found driving the same car and track combo (M6 GT3 at Brands GP), was far more engaging.

I shall watch further development with interest.

Quick question guys: can you change the brake pressure across the game or do you have to do it car by car? I set my assists to Authentic and signed up for a league with the '65 Mini. As I haven't driven a car without ABS since 1999 I think, I set my brake pressure to 80% and it seems to work well for me (I have a G29 wheel and pedals). I tried to find global setting for that but haven't found it, maybe because there isn't one :)

I have found that setting up this game took me quite some time, being new to pc gaming.
However just this weekend I made a ton of progress and now I’m dialed in.
I love this title.
I also have Rfactor2 dialed in and ACC.
On this one on csl elite I ran only gain for quite a while.
Wheel very lively and fun but oscillates-not a realistic feel, but fun and challenging.
I added damping and now it drives great. Imo balancing gain and damping is a bit sensitive but once you are there it is great ffb. On wheel I run Dri OFF FEI I think 40-50, all else default or 100.
It took me forever to get sound balanced in a pleasing way where other cars can be heard.
I am really enjoying this title since getting my settings basically global and dialed.
I immensely enjoy it and the other titles I have on pc.
I will say, coming from a GTS background, getting these games dialed in has taken a lot longer than I expected, BUT, it’s SO worth the effort.
All these titles really are a different class of experience entirely.
I will still play online in GTS on combos I like espescially on PD designed tracks.

AMS2 ffb seems in my experience comparable/similar to other games. I’ve seen no need for ffb mods.

Great game after getting it set up for my situation imo.
Edit I wonder how many people out there are changing ffb all the time and are unhappy in sims because their FOV is messed up/off.
I really learned how crucial that is over the last few weeks…If your perspective is off nothing will feel right or drive right.
However once it IS right, driving is simple and natural. Driving kinda fast isn’t hard. Pushing the envelope is quite challenging.
To me fov, viewpoint is very very much more important than I ever thought just starting out. Without it nothing will be right.

Last edited:
interestingly i found the setup of AMS2 to be quite intuitive, compared to say rf2, or something like the disastrous R3E ui. I find myself quickly adding more hours to AMS2 than my favorite RF2.. but.. its a swing battle... each time i swing to AMS2 side.. RF2 releases something groundbreaking like the new BMW M4 Class1, and im stuck in RF2 world for a week or two again ;)

Does anyone know how to desaturate the grass only in AMS2 a bit, i find the AMS2 default colouring to be a little unreal, too saturated, colourful, when compared to running things like AC with natural_mod or jsut the default RF2 colouring which is more "natural" (on good tracks)

ams2 (uploading)

RF2

AC

and as a joker priz, Pcars3 Bathurst... ignoring the horrible trees and all the arcade nonsense on screen, look at the grass, its fairly natural looking, not oversaturated green.

is this maybe a thing that will be solved by the new season tool, and once they apply it to bathurst we can drive it in late autumn to get the grass colour ok?

Last edited:
interestingly i found the setup of AMS2 to be quite intuitive, compared to say rf2, or something like the disastrous R3E ui. I find myself quickly adding more hours to AMS2 than my favorite RF2.. but.. its a swing battle... each time i swing to AMS2 side.. RF2 releases something groundbreaking like the new BMW M4 Class1, and im stuck in RF2 world for a week or two again 😉

Does anyone know how to desaturate the grass only in AMS2 a bit, i find the AMS2 default colouring to be a little unreal, too saturated, colourful, when compared to running things like AC with natural_mod or jsut the default RF2 colouring which is more "natural" (on good tracks)

ams2 (uploading)

RF2

AC

and as a joker priz, Pcars3 Bathurst... ignoring the horrible trees and all the arcade nonsense on screen, look at the grass, its fairly natural looking, not oversaturated green.

is this maybe a thing that will be solved by the new season tool, and once they apply it to bathurst we can drive it in late autumn to get the grass colour ok?

I thought I saw a reshade file on RD. (I haven’t tried it.)

Latest Posts

Back