• 148 comments

SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm

The first trailer is finally live. If you saw the D23 footage, a handful of bits will be familiar. Also, spoiler of sorts at the end there if you're not all caught up on Thor.

This looks huge.

I can't wait to see one of my favorites series brought to life.

The funny thing is Thanos doesn't need any of the Infinity Gems to pummel a single person on that team.* He's quite literally overpowered. :lol:

The one exception is Dr. Strange. He doesn't need the Gems (Stones) for him either, just preparation.

Umm, who is the guy leading the charge at 2:00 and in the key frame in the opening post?

If the rule is "the better the villain, the better the movie" then this is going to be a great movie.

...I'm like:

original17.gif

And Marvel be like: "Justice League? What's that? Here, this is how you do a team up movie."

That looks pretty good if I must say so. It will be interesting to see how they treat all of the characters, with so many of them they probabvly won't have any strands focusing on just one of them, instead having maybe three group storylines going on and them all converging at the end or something like that.

That looks pretty good if I must say so. It will be interesting to see how they treat all of the characters, with so many of them they probabvly won't have any strands focusing on just one of them, instead having maybe three group storylines going on and them all converging at the end or something like that.
Kinda how Dunkirk was?

Will it really have been 10 years since this all started?

Damn. :boggled:

Makes you wonder where the MCU will go next beyond Infinity War.

Last edited:
Makes you wonder where the MCU will go next beyond Infinity War.

These are the five movies following Infinity Wars that have been announced:
Ant-Man and the Wasp
Captain Marvel
Untitled Avengers film
Untitled Spider-Man: Homecoming sequel
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

So honestly, more of the same. But that's not a bad thing. The second movie on that list is the one I'm most looking forward to, since I'm a big fan of Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel and read the comic book.

I knew the MCU wouldn't stop at Infinity War, I was thinking more in terms of the characters beyond said film, and their respective actors.

Thanks for the update nonetheless.

Last edited:
Yeah, it comes down to how much longer these actors want to keep playing these characters after their contracts are up. Downey clearly loves playing Tony Stark, but he's 52 already. He won't be playing him forever. Hemsworth was talking about being bored with Thor until Ragnarok let him have some fun and play up his comedic talents. Actor turnover is going to happen sooner or later. And Kevin Feige has said that the MCU is going to look a lot different after Phase III. I'm curious to see what changes are going to happen.

Phase 4 is where we'll likely start seeing the next generation of Marvel heroes with a young Spidey & the Guardians leading center stage. All the major characters (Iron Man, Cap., & Thor) have had 3 movies a piece in addition to these blockbusters which has put a ton of "mileage" on these guys' acting careers as they start to leave their primes. I would imagine the final Avengers movie showing some characters retiring or deciding to disband for good (if some haven't been killed) at the end, only possibly taking part as cameos in future films with a new group. There have been small rumors of RDJ wanting Favreau to return to film another Iron Man as well, which could be a "story-tale ending" to the arc of this main cast where it all began 10 years ago in Iron Man.

My question is what is next after the second or perhaps third part of them vs. Thanos. Thanos will clearly collect all the gems this movie by the end, it's the development and building of it that I'm in for. The second (if there is no third) will be how do they beat a IG Thanos, if they take from the source material they'll need someone on level with Adam Warlock, and none of the characters seen are that. Doctor Strange perhaps but he and Vision are powerful because of their gems it is seen so far, not for the same reasons they are in the comics, so it's hard to see them being able to fight Thanos after losing said gems.

It's a roller coaster and that's why I think it will be fun to watch even if you can predict how it will play out, cause of Marvel/Disney wanting to milk it and the general history of these characters.

Well that's a surprise: Disney's moved Infinity War's NA release date up in-line with most other markets, to April 27.

More breathing room for Solo, and also another week to rake in money before Deadpool 2 inevitably divides the superhero movie audience. It also means less chance for spoilers to traverse the globe.

With exactly eight weeks until release then, you'd expect a second trailer any day now...

I expected a lot of the new trailer to use previously shown footage, with a little bit of new footage thrown in. This has got me so hyped though, and I didn't think I could be anymore than I already was! This is going to be an epic...

I'm impressed by it being almost all new footage... and yet still gives so little away. There's so many questions, and the only reason I have the roughest idea of the movies acts is from all the set visit articles from earlier in the week.

Six more weeks, hell yes. Four IMAX tickets purchased for release night!

"If he gets all the Infinity Stones, he can do it with the snap of his fingers."

Oh, Gamora, you and your spoilers.

Back