[What's left of GTR2Series] Final video available!

• Thread starter rallymorten
  • 1,422 comments
Some slight spec adjustments after round 1:

- The Ford GT, BMW Z4, SRT Viper and McLaren 650S have all had their power output reduced by between 10 and 20 bhp.
- The Corvette has had 10 bhp added because it was particularly slow and really the only reason the #63 moved forwards was because people ahead made mistakes (or, in my case, got rear wheel drive and front wheel drive confused and forgot 5 cylinders at the Ferrari factory)

Trivia: The Ford GT is now the least powerful of all cars, at only 450 bhp. It is, however, one of the lightest, tipping the scales at 1230 kg (although there really isn't much separating the heaviest from the lightest - the Porsche is only 1200, the Nissan 100 more).

Some slight spec adjustments after round 1:

- The Ford GT, BMW Z4, SRT Viper and McLaren 650S have all had their power output reduced by between 10 and 20 bhp.
- The Corvette has had 10 bhp added because it was particularly slow and really the only reason the #63 moved forwards was because people ahead made mistakes (or, in my case, got rear wheel drive and front wheel drive confused and forgot 5 cylinders at the Ferrari factory)

Trivia: The Ford GT is now the least powerful of all cars, at only 450 bhp. It is, however, one of the lightest, tipping the scales at 1230 kg (although there really isn't much separating the heaviest from the lightest - the Porsche is only 1200, the Nissan 100 more).
I'd think about complaining, but as that is pretty much the entire top 10, it seems plenty fair.

Good race at Zandvoort (a track I personally like a lot). I surely was watching my fellow Texas mates RACECAR and BKGlover in action. But again, great job by everybody.

Llosa/Jantscher on pole down under
GTR2_2016_02_14_12_06_52_020.jpg

The #40 Ferdinand United took pole position ahead of fellow AMG team, RTI Team NZ.

After a mediocre performance at Zandvoort, Bathurst not only marks the beginning of the international tour that takes place over the next four rounds, but it also marks the beginning of the season for european manufacturers.

The two Mercedes-Benz teams, #40 and #2, seems to have rediscovered the spark from the Monza 12 Hours, as they locked out the front row in Australia with 1st and 2nd, respectively.

Also noticeable on the grid is the precense of the Nissan GT-R on 2nd row. It's massive rear wing and wall of torque should give "Godzilla" a chance for some good points at one of the worlds most amazing racetracks.

The entire qualifying results can be found below.

upload_2016-2-14_12-52-34.png

There are some minor things with the race I'm trying to solve, hence the delay. We may have to use standing start for reasons of the timing line acting weird with rolling starts.

Much better qualifying just sitting outside the top 10. We'll still need to work on the car to try and get further up the grid, but as of now, we're happy with this improvement on such a technical track.

Ok, who put Chiyo behind the wheel of the GT-Rs? Yes, I wrote that in plural, don't think I am not aware of your cloning facilities... As for my performance, the Viper clearly needs a few more wrenches thrown at it before hitting that sweet spot, it seems.

..and we have the first retirement of the season in what seems to have been a very big shunt somewhere around Sulman! No replay atm but the right front wheel is missing and several cars appear more or less damaged (could be unrelated). It could be a result of worn tyres as we are more than 1/3 of the race down.

..and we have the first retirement of the season in what seems to have been a very big shunt somewhere around Sulman! No replay atm but the right front wheel is missing and several cars appear more or less damaged (could be unrelated). It could be a result of worn tyres as we are more than 1/3 of the race down.
With all the BS that's happened this weekend, I'm betting I'm the one who lost the brake pedal.

That... was a lot less carnage than I was expecting. Well done A.I.
Except for Michelin's driver, that guy sucked :P

For that, I shall tag you with a small sum of a Million Dollars.

Also, #tagswag

@STARTECDevs - Not the race we wanted today, we'll keep fighting for the top 10 spots! 4 car P16, 8 car P17. #shootingforthestars

Statement issued by Ferdinand United Team Principal, Lucien Ferdinand, Bathurst, Australia

Today is a great day in the history of Ferdinand United. It has been far too long since the brand my father started 30 years ago graced victory lane in any of our racing sojourns, but it only feels like yesterday since out last triumph. Ricardo Llosa and Marko Jantscher had masterful drives and showed that all our hard work over the last few years on this project has been worth the while. Success is always fleeting in auto racing, but we must enjoy it while we can before we head to the race track again. The battle on track between us and the fellow Mercedes-Benz runner in RTi NZ was amazing to watch throughout the race at the Mountain and we are looking forward to future encounters.

This victory is dedicated to everyone back at the shop in Spielberg, Austria who work the long hours to make days like this happen. They are the real heroes in this sport we all enjoy.

-United We Race-

End Statement.

Also, @rallymorten, check yer Inbox. I have a request.

That #1 Audi is good at getting in people's way, isn't he? Maybe he should've kept the dorifto going instead of slowing down to a halt right in front of another driver... No-motion roadblocks aren't good for a car's health, just Saiyan. :lol:

And we go from BMWs (Alpinas), to Mercs... Freaking German Panzers, stop being so overwhelming! As for us at SRT Motorsports, it was a race to forget for me, but Taylor did a good job battling with all the Panzers and Tigers. Still better than what STARtec did... #shotsfired #waifuthrash :P

Better performance from Perl-Speed, with 6th for the #11 and 11th for the #10, but we're still looking for both of us to fight nearer the front against the might of the SLS AMGs.

Also that move on Morten, I was just like "YOLO!!!".

We found three of our missing cylinders and the car is actually RWD now. Yay for us!

As is probably not a surprise to those who have been around since the days of Porsche Cup (very much the simpler days of pseudo-B-Spec racing on GTP), I am already planning ahead for season four, in case I don't decide to step down from full-time hosting, with iand all starting to take a bigger and bigger chunk of my spare time.
If S4 is a go, it'll either move to being races so short I might as well do it full broadcast-style or be more of an endurance series with 24 hour races and livestreams instead of videos.

...should I even ask what the hell happened with the Subway V10 cooker?

"Well, I don't really know what to say... we had a fantastic start of the season with a 7th place finish and something happened with the car before the driver change. I had almost wrecked than wrecked it uphill. We pitted, did the driver swap and still had problems. Rapha tried to maintain the car on the track but something broke, we spun in The Chase and chaos ensured... Sorry to the other competitors for what happened and we will try to get everything right for the next race.

Meanwhile the #31 Lambo did everything right and carried us a top 5 finish. That's the perks of having a two car team, while one side comemorates, the other side tries to find answers for 🤬 that happened."

Quite an entertaining round of the championship around Mount Panorama Circuit. You surely survive this Australian roller coaster ride rather than race Bathurst. Wicked race.

Been thinking about Le Serious Title.

How about: GTPlanet Seiko GT3 World Series, Presented by RACE

Nah, it's as simple as it is, GT3 World Series, for three main reasons:

1: I couldn't (and still can't) think of a really good not-cliché title sponsor
2: It's not officially supported by GTP
3: I've pretty much made myself available for hire. Communication sort of stopped existing from one day to the other.

Back