B-Spec in 1.16 Update!

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 584 comments
Sort of a confirmation of endurance races, from the news page:

“The B-Spec mode in which an AI driver can take over for the player who was introduced in all racing events in career mode. You can use the B-Spec mode for races where you find it difficult the qualifications, for example at the longer endurance races, or if you just enjoy as a spectator a race. You can select B-Spec from the Quick Menu, which will be shown before the start of a race event in career mode.”

I took it to be that PD is referring to the 10 minute and 24 minute races as "endurance". Would much prefer your intepretation but if it was right it would surely have been announced already.

Hmm, ok Bspec is coming.. thanks PD
But whats the point of it if it wasnt included from the start like GT4,5?
Most of pepole have completed the game, and there are no 24h races like in previous titles to use Bspec.
So i wonder whats the point of it now? The longest race in GT6 lasts 25mins.. so id rather drive myself than watch.
Its called realistic driving game, not realistic watching game

Look on the bright side guys, Yes from what we have all read and seen about its inclusion being mostly pointless for making Cr since we have all done every event on A-spec.

However depending on how good B-spec bob is this time around we can still make Cr while we make food or go for a crap and suchlike

I took it to be that PD is referring to the 10 minute and 24 minute races as "endurance". Would much prefer your interpretation but if it was right it would surely have been announced already.

Hope that's not the case, after fifteen years of GT endurance racing, that the climax that we have reached at this point is the 24 minutes of Le Mans, have to think the endurance events where held back due to B-Spec.

Mildly amused at the number of comments about the fact that GT is not about watching racing. How many are from people that are so desperate for a livery editor and use photo mode? How is painting cars and playing with a virtual camera more about driving than watching racing?

The Hungarian site
image.jpg

image.jpg

Hmm, ok Bspec is coming.. thanks PD
But whats the point of it if it wasnt included from the start like GT4,5?
Most of pepole have completed the game, and there are no 24h races like in previous titles to use Bspec.
So i wonder whats the point of it now? The longest race in GT6 lasts 25mins.. so id rather drive myself than watch.
Its called realistic driving game, not realistic watching game

The same game that has photo mode, which is also not driving.

This will most likely foray Endurance Races from what I can see. It's pretty plausible since I bet they finally realised that one person by themselves cannot run all 24 hours individually. 👍 It can be more accessible now.

Most likely webmaster received the material ahead of time and updated the site a bit too early - let's see if all versions of the site gets updated in few hours.

It could be a week away.

Not sure how often I will use it though - probably not a lot. Once to see how it is ? Different people like different things and as we already established there are some less fortunate members that cannot play the game in A-spec so for you - enjoy it!

Surely if AI is updated and we can partake in at least 2 hour races then yeah - I could drive for 30 minutes, leave the wheel to Bob, do a small pause doing whatever I have to do then hop back in.

I really doubt this is the case though.

5-30 minute races are not going to do this new iteration of B-Spec justice; don't weaken your thunder, PD. Make sure a few Endurance events are dropped in with the next update!

It's looking quite good, though, from the screenshots provided; if I can hop in and out of B-Spec during a race like Gran Turismo 4 allowed for me to do, I'll be quite excited for the update; PD should drop some Endurance events to give B-Spec an actual prominent use besides watching the AI race for you.

Never really used B-Spec much in GT5, but with extra control it might be better. Don't understand why it took them so long to add, it doesn't seem much superior to GT5s, but maybe there's extra stuff yet...

If it took them this long, I HOPE there is a major AI overhaul behind the scenes. From the photos it just looks like older B-Spec with some more buttons.

For real. Like someone else mentioned this is pretty pointless unless they add endurance races to the offline portion. Would have rather seen the course maker, or the suspension tuning system, things that add actual racing value to the game.

I, for one, couldn't be more excited for this. I don't have a whole lot of time for video games anymore, so I haven't gotten too many cars in my GT6 garage. Being able to run races as background noise, especially with GT6's beautiful (and I daresay sexy :sly:) graphics, is going to make my garage fill up a whole lot quicker.

PoDi never spoke of endurance races such as we know.

Expect nothing about it.

Not true

“The B-Spec mode in which an AI driver can take over for the player who was introduced in all racing events in career mode. You can use the B-Spec mode for races where you find it difficult the qualifications, for example at the longer endurance races, or if you just enjoy as a spectator a race. You can select B-Spec from the Quick Menu, which will be shown before the start of a race event in career mode.”

Not true

Using "longer endurance races" does tell us that there is going to be a new section named Endurance or Extreme, like GT5.

No confirmation at this point, but B-Spec without endurance races is like a fire truck showing up
to a fire after the structure burned down.

I don't agree

I prefer to manage my driver well as necessary, for 24 minutes rather than 24 hours with or without save system.

Note that, I am not against endurance races but the fact that they are present or not, doesn't affect B-SPEC mode, IMO.

I don't agree

I prefer to manage my driver well as necessary, for 24 minutes rather than 24 hours with or without save system.

Note that, I am not against endurance races but the fact that they are present or not, doesn't affect B-SPEC mode, IMO.
It completely negates the main advantage of B-Spec, which was credit grinding in longer races, that required no monitoring. Given that the longest race is now 24 minutes, it changes BSpec into something that now requires you to check the game at least 2.5 times per hour in order to accumulate credits. I daresay completing endurance races to finish your career and/or accumulate credits without a lot of oversight, was the primary purpose of BSpec for the majority of players.

Without endurance racing they are effectively turning BSpec into a much more of a "hands-on" mode, which kind of defeats the purpose IMO.

Back