B-Spec in 1.16 Update!

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 584 comments
Using "longer endurance races" does tell us that there is going to be a new section named Endurance or Extreme, like GT5.

Actually longer endurance races could very well mean the 24 minute races that are already in the game. I would not expect to see 24 hour races added into the game but would be a nice way to earn credits using B-Spec.

I personally do not care to drive those long endurance races like were in GT5 anymore, they are far to boring and I hate the way they did the 24 minute races with the accelerated night day transition, fuel usage, tire wear and that it always rains during the race. They could have at least made the rain a roll of the dice but as is I found that driving them once was more than enough.

I heard somewhere that PCars will have something similar to B-Spec for its Endurance races sometime in the future.

That can be done now in Project Cars, It's called "Simulate remainder of session" but your only a spectator once it selected. Or you can swap with the AI while pitting in during a race.

Last edited:
I wonder of PD will add B-spec seasonal events like there were back on GT5 for a short time. :)
??
I remember the a-spec online events 1-6 and b-spec 1-5
Online for at least 2 years and some 3 years. Not really for a short time.
I used them for grinding credits. A lot of the indianapolis 500pp and the 650pp suzuka..

But i can confirm on the dutch language of the Gran turismo website.
B-spec is now with a "new" marker and so is paintable wings, both with the same screenshots is in this topic.
No date when this is added in an update. Seeing is believing.

It'd be nice to have b-spec back again. It would give me something else to do other than the endurance races. :sly:

Ah... who cares, it's only B-Spec.

We all know what we're really waiting for.
Ummmm, I'm pretty sure that B-Spec is still anticipated and that people (not all) care about it, mainly because it was one of the unreleased features that was announced before GT6's release. Besides, B-Spec can be really useful at times.

bspec soup nazi.jpg

Never really used B-Spec much in GT5, but with extra control it might be better. Don't understand why it took them so long to add, it doesn't seem much superior to GT5s, but maybe there's extra stuff yet...

If it took them this long, I HOPE there is a major AI overhaul behind the scenes. From the photos it just looks like older B-Spec with some more buttons.

Well it seems VASTLY improved... You can give way more detailed orders on how to behave and lines to be taken...

Maybe you guys forgot how bad and boring it was before :D You could just yell at him to cool or warmup BOB up :D Now it seems you can actually tell him something that will help him around the race; like changing line to defend or attack, drafting etc etc

Well it seems VASTLY improved... You can give way more detailed orders on how to behave and lines to be taken...

Maybe you guys forgot how bad and boring it was before :D You could just yell at him to cool or warmup BOB up :D Now it seems you can actually tell him something that will help him around the race; like changing line to defend or attack, drafting etc etc
You could tell him to overtake on GT5.

You could tell him to overtake on GT5.
Yeah, because that made all the difference to Bob. :lol:

Hopefully he will be somewhat intelligent this time. In fact, here is my theory; The only conceivable reason i can think of as to why B-spec took this long (other than PD just working on other stuff) could be for this reason. With my limited understanding of game design, i would think that Bob was just a regular ol' AI, the difference being that instead of the program making its own decisions, you input the signals. The further through the game you get, the AI technically gets smarter, right? Or at least in arcade mode you can improve the AI, so i would think that the different pace settings for Bob were simply increasing the AI's "difficulty". So if it seems that simple, then what could have taken them so long? AI improvements. AI ties in very directly to B-spec, so you would think this would be their golden opportunity to improve it and impress everyone, no?

Back