Barriers

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 12 comments
  • 1,106 views

Furinkazen

Sim Racing Organiser
Premium
Messages
44,186
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Messages
Furinkazen_54
We need more destructable barriers around the circuits... the Tokyo tyre barriers and Nurburgring blocks are a start, but we need more for a dramatic oomph.

Please address for GT6, Polyphony...
 
I agree! Those barriers around the two tracks you mentioned is a start. The first time I ate dirt and hit the tyre barriers in the Nurburgring made me smile.
 
Tokyo has the blocks as well as the tires..... I honestly expected a huge mess when I hit the follow through tyre wall on TGTT flat out in a McLaren F1, but all I got was a dented bumper and some scratches... This was ages back tho
 
i had somthing like that happen at the chicane on nurburgring gp track
 
i had somthing like that happen at the chicane on nurburgring gp track

Yeah, I think we need more than the "Tyre barrier that is in fact a brick wall"
 
You're right, imo all barriers should be destructable/moveable if they are in real life. There is just way too much inconsistancy in the games track barriers, penultimate turn on Nurburg GP/F, the barriers move if hit, on Monza though it's old school GT time, such a shame. Also, there shouldn't be any invisible barriers on tracks like The Top Gear Test Track & Toscana, do PD really think we all need to be treated as children who can't drive properly, it's so patronising! Maybe they should open up an adult cycle shop & sell every bike with stabilisers welded on, LOL!


👎
 
I have to confess, I purposely hit those blocks on the Nürb GP chicane just to see how far I can fling them... Childish, I know, but still fun. :)
 
I remember that Dirt 1(idk about 2) had deformable metal barriers which i thought was quite cool, and Flatout 1 on pc had tyre walls where every tyre had physics attached.

Although you should submit this on the feedback forum.
 
More destructible barriers would be great, but just imagine the graphics load on the PS3 when a few hundred tires go flying around after an impact. It would be awesome to have it, but is it good for today's PlayStation? Maybe not yet.
 
We need more destructable barriers around the circuits... the Tokyo tyre barriers and Nurburgring blocks are a start, but we need more for a dramatic oomph.

Please address for GT6, Polyphony...

yes, and more realistic physics when a person goes off the racetrack. Even on simulation or professional I and everyone can go into gravel traps/kittylitter and not lose any time or positions. PD, there is a reason they are called 'traps.'
 
yes, and more realistic physics when a person goes off the racetrack. Even on simulation or professional I and everyone can go into gravel traps/kittylitter and not lose any time or positions. PD, there is a reason they are called 'traps.'

hows that? everytime I hit the gravel I end up last.
 
Back