Battlefield 3

• Thread starter The Bman
  • 14,126 comments
Durp13579
Does anyone here have the m1911 s-tac? I just can't get the air dropped ifv on ifv kill. Any tips? Anyone want to help me? Thanks.

I got it straight away, Don't know how people struggle with it. Just get on a end game map, Wait untilled your team captures the AC130 base and there should be a option to drop an IFV on the deployment screen. Maybe getting friends to help you will be easier but I did it solo easy enough. Just make sure you have Armour and smoke equipped to protect you from javs. ATPDS shell is usefull to.

Brett
I would also suggest the APFSDS-T Shell. Those things destroy enemy armor.

Yep. Any time I roll up to a Tank while in a LAV, I have them ready to shoot first. Then cycle to the other six rounds and it is over.

If you use those shells last however, they don't seem to cause damage as quickly.

Yep. Any time I roll up to a Tank while in a LAV, I have them ready to shoot first. Then cycle to the other six rounds and it is over.

If you use those shells last however, they don't seem to cause damage as quickly.

Its because of T Shells penetrate Reactive armor, so Reactive have no effect on them. Regular shells don't. So its best to use them first.

I have not used any of the pump action shotguns in quite some time. A few days ago, I started messing around with the 870 and SPAS just to try something different. Maybe get Mastery tags for a couple more weapons.

I started out using both with Buckshot on the Close Quarters maps. Both work quite well. The Close Quarters maps demand fast action. Buckshot allows for mistakes in precision that slugs demand and because of that tended to work a bit better in many situations.

I also just finished a game of Rush on Damavand Peak with the SPAS and slugs. I had completely forgotten how fun the combination of pump action and slugs can be. The combination made for a very fun game. Slugs are very powerful. :lol:

Ended up playing Gun Master with a friend tonight. The server we ended up on, for whatever reason, was ranked but wasn't keeping track of stats.

I've been using the SKS with holo, bipod and flash hider a lot recently, it's an awesome gun. I counter-sniped a guy who was up a crane on Firestorm in one round and cleared a room of four guys on Metro in the next... And was accused of hacking. I just got the heavy barrel last night so I'm trying it out, I'm not sure if I like or need it all that much yet.

The Heavy Barrel just makes it even easier to reach out and hit guys. The recoil is so mild on the SKS that the Heavy Barrel does not seem to cause much trouble.

Anyone fancy teaming up for a game on PC? I've been playing a bit more and nearly got a positive k/d ratio in the last game! :lol:

Anyone fancy teaming up for a game on PC? I've been playing a bit more and nearly got a positive k/d ratio in the last game! :lol:
If you want to, I can play a bit with you, and anyone else.

Though I only play HC modes, and not team deathmatch. :)

And preferably Rush. :D

My username's Laser0pz. I've only got Vanilla and CQC maps, but I'll try to join up with you guys sometime.

Given that you're all in Europe, I'd be lagging a lot :lol:

My username's Laser0pz. I've only got Vanilla and CQC maps, but I'll try to join up with you guys sometime.

Given that you're all in Europe, I'd be lagging a lot :lol:

No worries.

I'll add you and we can play whenever. But timezone difference will be a slight problem though.

I don't play on PC as much as on PS3 mostly because I came late to PC and my friends are on PS3 but what's with all the instant vehicle respawn servers on PC? Kind of defeats the point of taking out armor if its gonna be back 1 second later. Instant vehicle,respawn especially on rush only benefits the defenders whose vehicles are much closer to the objective to begin with. Aargh

I don't play on PC as much as on PS3 mostly because I came late to PC and my friends are on PS3 but what's with all the instant vehicle respawn servers on PC? Kind of defeats the point of taking out armor if its gonna be back 1 second later. Instant vehicle,respawn especially on rush only benefits the defenders whose vehicles are much closer to the objective to begin with. Aargh

It's for vehicle whores who can't get kills any other way, I stay as far away from those servers as possible. I was in a pretty dire Damavand conquest game with unadvertised instant respawns, the highest scorer on the opposing side had something like 40-3 with a tank, when we pushed through the tunnel to their side we obviously wanted to keep our tank alive so we had a LOT of engineers fixing it up and simultaneously hassling his tank to keep him out of the line of sight of the flag. When we got him down to something like 45-10 he threw a hissy fit about how lame it is to have 10 engineers fixing one tank, yet he'd just been sitting in his instantly respawning tank for the entire round, camping the flag nearest their base. Hilarious, but so lame at the same time. That's the kind of person instant respawns appeal to, though. Worse still is CTF with instant respawn. Urgh.

Instant vehicle respawn is the worst.

EDIT: Adding awesome video.

Last edited:
I would be honored to be killed in such a fashion...

I would not even be mad. I would be impressed.

Speaking of kills in an awesome manner. While I was trying to finish off the Capture the Flag Assignments, I managed a tank kill on a chopper from my flag area to somewhere beyond the enemy flag area. The enemy chopper has just gotten off the ground and was loitering in that general area. My thought was that I had nothing else to engage in my general vicinity and that chopper was making itself just enough of a target to maybe score a hit. So I shot a round in the general direction, vehicle destroyed, and kill. Very satisfying. The guy who I killed even said it was a nice shot. :dopey:

success_baby.jpg

I had a similar story, on Kiasar there was an attack chopper being a total hog to take down. I spotted it go down in smoke quite a distance away from everything, so I spammed a load of shells in that direction and after the fifth try got two kills. But, because it was an instant respawn server, the victory was short-lived.

Up to three helicopter kills with the crossbow.

Legit ones too. Not just sitting on the ground.

Nice. I currently sit at two. Seems like it's been forever since I've been lucky enough to hit anything with that thing, though it makes for awesome rubble kills.

Back