Bertone Vision Gran Turismo - New images!

Wow, this was the last thing I was expecting to see. Quite the surprise to see it period beyond the first sketch but the actual car itself..hard to put in words.

I'm counting 8 tires on the Bertone.

2 on the front, 2 in the rear and 1 on each side.

That's 6 :odd:

Ok, first of all, Jesus Christ on a bycicle did those pictures come out of nowhere. Secondly, a quick history lesson about Bertone's "death":

Yes, the original Bertone went belly up following an economical crisis that they never quite survived from. However, the license rights of the brand were then lent to a new company: Bertone Design, a company established in Milan that is led by architect Aldo Cingolani. We don't know if this "New Bertone" is indeed the responsible for this VGT car, but chances are that it is just the case.

Now, for me, this has been a car that has intrigued me ever since the very first VGT trailer. A car that looked so Wipeout that Wipeout itself looked normal. A car without compromises, no limits, a true concept in all the senses of the term. If these images are real, if this car will indeed appear in GT6, then all I have to say is: it deserves a medal. For being out there, for being itself.

And, most important of all, for being a Bertone when I thought I'd never see the name in a car ever again. Congratulations Italy, you truly hold a special place in automotive design history with concepts such as these...

Early edit: Now, a few extra tidbits: While CarDesignRessource states that "we will probably never see this Vision GT coming in game", I have my doubts.

A: If the car is dead, why are the sketches labeled with the year "2015"? If my memory serves me correctly, the original Bertone died last year, so these sketches should be labeled "2014" for this to make sense. I don't think Giulio would just create brand new sketches for a car that he knew wasn't going to be reproduced for the VGT project. Same goes for PD, because they would not allow some Italian dude to use the VGT logos for a car that was not part of the project.

B: Bertone Design is currently the rights holder of the Bertone brand, and they have two international branches. Where is one of them located?

Tokyo, Japan. Where are PD's headquarters located? Exactly... If Kaz managed to get GM to bring the Chaparral name to a VGT car, I'm almost sure a quick trip to Roppongi (where Bertone Design's Japanese branch is located) wouldn't be too much of a hassle for him to do. As for the name Giulio Partisani, he is definitely a car designer, with ties to old Bertone. Not to mention that he is currently a Concept Car Design consultant, as his LinkedIn page states. This plot is very thick, if you ask me...

Last edited:
Ok, first of all, Jesus Christ on a bycicle did those pictures came out of nowhere. Secondly, a quick history lesson about Bertone's "death":

Yes, the original Bertone went belly up following a economical crisis that they never quite survived. However, the license rights of the brand were then lent to a new company: Bertone Design, a company established in Milan that is led by architect Aldo Cingolani. We don't know if this "New Bertone" is indeed the responsible for this VGT car, but chances are that it is just the case.

Now, for me, this has been a car that has intrigued me ever since the very first VGT trailer. A car that looked so Wipeout that Wipeout itself looked normal. A car without compromises, no limits, a true concept in all the senses of the term. If these images are real, if this car will indeed appear in GT6, then all I have to say is: it deserves a medal. For being out there, for being itself.

And, most important of all, for being a Bertone when I thought I'd never see the name in a car ever again. Congratulations Italy, you truly hold a special place in automotive design history with concepts such as these...

Early edit: Now, a few extra tidbits: While CarDesignRessource states that "we will probably never see this Vision GT coming in game", I have my doubts. A: If the car is dead, why are the sketches labeled with the year "2015"? If my memory serves me, Bertone died last year, so these sketches should be labeled "2014" for this to make sense.

B: Bertone Design is currently the rights holder of the Bertone brand, and they have two branches. Where is one of them located?

Tokyo. Where is PD located? Exactly... As for the name Giulio Partisani, he is definitely a car designer, with ties to old Bertone. Not to mention that he is currently a Concept Car Design consultant, as his LinkedIn page states. This plot is very thick, if you ask me...

Thanks for the more detailed background on the Bertone bankruptcy @Niku Driver HC . I am always intrigued anytime license of designs, brands, products and cars are transferred or are in the process of. It only adds to the complex web of ownership and license that is the automotive industry.

Thanks for the more detailed background on the Bertone bankruptcy @Niku Driver HC . I am always intrigued anytime license of designs, brands, products and cars are transferred or are in the process of. It only adds to the complex web of ownership and license that is the automotive industry.

You are welcome, I got really curious after seeing that Bertone's VGT sketch had not been erased, even after Alfa Romeo dropped their project. So, I did some research. It just all sounds far too strange, if you ask me.

Remember, we have Vision GT logos in almost every picture. Now, would Kaz allow some guy to get these sketches out, for a car that would not join the VGT project? Don't think so, it would make both parties look bad. And these are sketches from this year, not 2014. If Bertone still has their VGT place reserved and not erased, it is far too unlikely that this car would never see the light of day.

Of course, as I've told you on the Alpine VGT's thread, we need to wait for PD and/or Bertone Design to announce this officially. To be certain of this car's fate...

Back