Best Car for the Money.

I doubt you can win it in a tuned Mini, but you can win it in a Clio racecar with Stage 1 power on T5s.

the best kar 2 buy is the jaguar road kar u will like t n it is unda 1 mill n it is fast it is faster than the supra castrol so buy the jaguar then u will b able to buy anotha kar with the remandin money like a skyline r33 buy the r33 cos u carnt drive the r34 very good cos it has crappy handlin.
Start off with the mx-5 then buy a skyline so u can upgrade the skyline so u can finish all the races in the begginer mode n most in the amateur league.

Ummm, welcome to GTPlanet! Not too many people like the Jag for some reason. I don't mind the race car, but I've never driven the road car. Here's a little info for you, though, from the forum Acceptable Use Policy:
* No slang words that promote laziness, ie; "r", "u", "plz", etc.

* Half decent grammar is expected. Use of capital letters starting sentences is looked upon favorably. Spelling half decently is also encouraged.
You'll find it makes your posts a lot easier to read, and people happier about reading them.

Actualy, if it hasn't been mentioned before I'd like to say that any car you can win from a series is the best car for the money.

Rx-7M*ster
the best kar 2 buy is the jaguar road kar u will like t n it is unda 1 mill n it is fast it is faster than the supra castrol so buy the jaguar then u will b able to buy anotha kar with the remandin money like a skyline r33 buy the r33 cos u carnt drive the r34 very good cos it has crappy handlin.
Start off with the mx-5 then buy a skyline so u can upgrade the skyline so u can finish all the races in the begginer mode n most in the amateur league.

What on EARTH kind of awful slang is that? You're unintelligible. Please take time to study a dictionary and grammar tables before posting such inane bollo@#s again! By the way, did U gro up in a KWIK E MART?

Smallhorses
What on EARTH kind of awful slang is that? You're unintelligible. Please take time to study a dictionary and grammar tables before posting such inane bollo@#s again! By the way, did U gro up in a KWIK E MART?
hahahaha kiwk e mart :lol: . anyway welcome to GTP mate. hey man, easy on the guy, i was like him when i joined, ive improved my grammer, but txt'n language had sort of grown on me; except when im writing formaly.

heero 12
+8.441 off in Trial Mountain, not bad for a tiny little Mini against those German beasts.

AMZING. 8secs off, thats brilliant considering most cars are touring cars. simply brilliant. cheers for testing the theory mate.

_kamikazefly_
AMZING. 8secs off, thats brilliant considering most cars are touring cars. simply brilliant. cheers for testing the theory mate.
I could get that down to about +4 or so if I tried, but I'm not in the mood for that championship right now, I'm trying to get through Legend of Mana, and it's taking a long time.

use ur fc. mine hit 206 when I got out of a draft. and i work geart at the test course on ameture turbo. just tune it at everything. i only have stage2 weight reduction so stage 3 u should be able to hit 206 without drafting

Victor Vance
1985 Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX. Rear-Drive 👍 High Tunability 👍 Winning ride from the get-go 👍

The MX-5 has to be better than that. You can enter the Roadster Enduro with the MX-5 and win 100,000 in one race. 👍 Cant do that in any Trueno. 👎

Damn, surprised nobody mentioned Motorsport Elise...

Superspeed3000 mentioned it right in the post above yours. :dunce:

I know what you did. You dug up this thread, read some of the first page (and the first page ONLY), and assumed that not a single soul mentioned the Motorsport Elise before you thought of it. Even though there were 314 posts before yours.

Oh, and welcome to GT Planet :indiff:

Last edited:
On the other end, I believe that the PT Cruiser is a good car for its worth. Fully tuned, it can take on musclecars in the Stars and Stripes event, and it is a solid car for a starting price that is within the range of a new player.

I apologize if it seems like throwing rocks at an open grave...

On the other end, I believe that the PT Cruiser is a good car for its worth. Fully tuned, it can take on musclecars in the Stars and Stripes event, and it is a solid car for a starting price that is within the range of a new player.

I apologize if it seems like throwing rocks at an open grave...

I would vote for the Miata. The PT Cruiser is great because it's got the most bang-for-the-buck early on, though. Either car dominates many early races, but the Miata/MX-5 can carry the torch longer thruout the Amateurs and even some Pro-level races & endurances.

Last edited:
I would vote for the Miata. The Pt Cruiser is great because it's got the most bang-for-the-buck early on, though. Either car dominates many early races, but the Miata/MX-5 can carry the torch longer thruout the Amateurs and even some Pro-level races & endurnaces.

Exactly. That cruiser will lose its guts when it comes to some of the races that the miata's handling will sling you through like you had a V8. The miata isn't the fastest in the power area but it makes up for it in the slow in fast out:tup:

I would vote for the Miata. The Pt Cruiser is great because it's got the most bang-for-the-buck early on, though. Either car dominates many early races, but the Miata/MX-5 can carry the torch longer thruout the Amateurs and even some Pro-level races & endurnaces.

Now I have to agree. The PT Cruiser also has the aerodynamic efficiency of a stock Shelby Cobra; the Miata is thus also better in this sense. I believe that I drove both at similar power once, and the Miata was able to reach a top speed of 173mph (with specialized gearing), while the Cruiser could only reach 157mph (with specialized gearing as well).

Having not grown up with a Miata, though (I could not drive FR when I first played GT3), I felt inclined to name the Cruiser before the MX-5.

The PT Cruiser is the only American car you can buy with the $18,000 you start GT3 with. You can't start GT1 or 2 with an American at all; not unless you do the all gold license trip. And then you can do the Sunday Cup, Clubman, FF Challenge, NA & Turbo Challenges, and Stars & Stripes. Bang bang bang bang bang....I think only in the Turbo Challenge will the PT need a lot of help at Route 11.

That's mostly it. The PT can compete in the Amateur & Pro-level FF Challenges, but I think that's it.

Last edited:
Ok I am having a big problem with the PT cruiser, it's a great car and can grand stand against a few cars in the beginners league and very few spots with professional league.
This car has a issue with not turning very quickly in the rome circuit in the beginners league, and the blasted LUPO always over takes between 8 to 15 seconds of the racing ending.
What is the best part for the PT cruiser that will help me fix this problem enough to master FF championship race ?
Also I am 35,000 credits and I am very highly considering going with my favorite car the volkswagon bug RSi 2.0 or turbo minium as it should be called.
Should I get the Camaro SS 2002 or this one first ? I plan on maxing out that BUG all the way to 443hp just like the special edition found version GT2 and believe you me I caused alot of wars with this car offline with friends and online and the moronic AI cpu.... LOL

Ok I am having a big problem with the PT cruiser, it's a great car and can grand stand against a few cars in the beginners league and very few spots with professional league.
This car has a issue with not turning very quickly in the rome circuit in the beginners league, and the blasted LUPO always over takes between 8 to 15 seconds of the racing ending.

That "not turning" thing you mentioned is called understeer. Getting that to go away in a PT is not easy, but it is possible to use a PT to win these races...Partially you'll need to mess with your settings, and partially your'll need to concentrate on driving.

1. Make sure you've got ASM turned off and TCS turned off or on a setting of "1" if you are having problems garnering too much wheelspin.

2. Make sure the PT is at least at stage 2 weight reduction

3. I was able to use just a sports suspension with sport tires for the PT in the Beginnner's league, and upgraded to a full-custom suspension in the pros, with T4 tires. Keep the front-end lower than the rear, keep your rear dampers very stiff (like 9 or 10) but the front ones looser (maybe 2 thru 5). Come back if you're having problems with the pro-level races and I'll try to give you more detailed tuning advice.

4. Concentrate on your driving. Brake into corners, coast thru a good racing line, and don't hit the gas till it's safe. At Rome, there will be times when you'll need to take up as much room in a corner as possible just to get a good line thru a corner.

5. Buy a 1-way differential for most ANY front-drive car if you're having much problems with wheelspin as you leave corners....this will take care of 75% or more of your issues, and add much-needed traction. 👍

What is the best part for the PT cruiser that will help me fix this problem enough to master FF championship race ?

I'm confused. Are you doing Beginner's or Pro FF races?

Also I am 35,000 credits and I am very highly considering going with my favorite car the volkswagon bug RSi 2.0 or turbo minium as it should be called.

That'll work. Not all bugs are front-drive, tho. As Killer said, the FTO is a great front-drive, and not so torque-steery like a PT. Same goes with the Integra. Civics are wonderful when low-powered, but as you add power, they also get more and more understeery & torque-steery. But all of the cars mentioned so far can tackle any FF races; they're not impossible.

Should I get the Camaro SS 2002 or this one first ? I plan on maxing out that BUG all the way to 443hp just like the special edition found version GT2 and believe you me I caused alot of wars with this car offline with friends and online and the moronic AI cpu.... LOL

I'm confused again. You wanna get the Camaro for the FF races? That won't work...it's rear-drive.

Last edited:

Parnelli you missed understood alot of what I was saying.
I know fully well a camaro has a FR drive system I should know because my mother owns a 2002 SS camaro and wrong move with this car can kill you or disable you physically where you won't be able to touch another muscle car without feeling pain from being in a car wreck with any kind of camaro.

1.Should I hold and wait for the Beetle Rsi and get the camaro while I have a chance and work on handling FR cars which I truly hate or go ahead and purchase the BUG ?

2. I know how to drive in Gran turismo and I am not saying I am perfect at it.
I am good enough now where I can over power certain cars that are in my way or find their weakness and use that to my advantage, just like the lupo if it is getting ready to turn a corner and my pt cruiser is at semi top speed I can easily slam that on the side and put that lupo in 3rd or 4th place for abou 30 seconds, but that is given that I have a chance to slow down that damn lupo...

3.I am in the beginners league of FF and you just gave me a clear answer on what I should do, but the PT cruiser won't be able to save me in other races even the car has it's HP maxed out it's not worth the aggrevation of me not making progress in GT 3 and besides that I am working on my IB license and that won't be any fun at all trying to a use a corvette 2 times in a circle on a wet track that over steers to easily.

Parnelli you missed understood alot of what I was saying.
I know fully well a camaro has a FR drive system

That's cool. :) I was confused because you jumped topics from talking about the Bug & FF racing to the Camaro, and then back to the Bug again. :boggled:

1.Should I hold and wait for the Beetle Rsi and get the camaro while I have a chance and work on handling FR cars which I truly hate or go ahead and purchase the BUG ?

OH I see. I have trouble answering this one. I would finish whatever races you feel most capable doing first. I'm a "no stone unturned" sort, so I tend to hammer away at whatever I'm doing at the time, unless there is absolutely no way I'm gonna get ahead by doing so...if that makes sense. :guilty:

2. I know how to drive in Gran turismo and I am not saying I am perfect at it.
I am good enough now where I can over power certain cars that are in my way or find their weakness and use that to my advantage, just like the lupo if it is getting ready to turn a corner and my pt cruiser is at semi top speed I can easily slam that on the side and put that lupo in 3rd or 4th place for abou 30 seconds, but that is given that I have a chance to slow down that damn lupo...

3.I am in the beginners league of FF and you just gave me a clear answer on what I should do, but the PT cruiser won't be able to save me in other races even the car has it's HP maxed out it's not worth the aggrevation of me not making progress in GT 3 and

Cool. I'm just here to let you know the PT can do it, it certainly has the power & torquey engine, but it's not easy to drive. I did both Beginners & Pro FF races in a PT (and a few others like Civics).

Big question, though...have you turned off all the drivers' aid crap? This is where a lot of GT players die a quick death...they don't realize you can turn that stuff off, and that it holds 'em back.

besides that I am working on my IB license and that won't be any fun at all trying to a use a corvette 2 times in a circle on a wet track that over steers to easily.

Check out this thread.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=91381&page=4

Last edited:
Well I finally bought the bug it is very competitive and very swift, I have 90 Maxed out the bugs speed now I just need to adjust the spring rate or VCD if I buy it to make it act like a FR a little bit.
I have also bought the camaro ss now comes the part of finally getting adjusted to it for the other races, one question though if I earned a gold medal in either test licenses is it to true that I could earn that specific car I trained with ? I really would like to earn that ZO6 corvette and see how well it does without paying 40,000 cr for it... lol

Will I need permission from either the makers of GT series or you all to use one image of the bug as my avatar ? you guys really don't know how much I love BUGs alot of people mistake them as being a little slow and not meant for racing.....

After this I finally shut up, making plans on getting Gran turismo 4 within 2 weeks.

Well I finally bought the bug it is very competitive and very swift, I have 90 Maxed out the bugs speed now I just need to adjust the spring rate or VCD if I buy it to make it act like a FR a little bit.
I have also bought the camaro ss now comes the part of finally getting adjusted to it for the other races, one question though if I earned a gold medal in either test licenses is it to true that I could earn that specific car I trained with ? I really would like to earn that ZO6 corvette and see how well it does without paying 40,000 cr for it... lol

What? Where did you read that? :confused: No, the prizes you win from license tests are pre-determined by the game. You win the Nissan Z Concept if you gold all the IBs.

Will I need permission from either the makers of GT series or you all to use one image of the bug as my avatar ? you guys really don't know how much I love BUGs alot of people mistake them as being a little slow and not meant for racing.....

Why do you need permission? You lost me again. You can't use a custom avatar right now; you're still a new member--I think only later after you've become an active member can you use your own avatar. Go look up the rules of GTPlanet, or maybe I will at some point today.

Last edited:
I was looking at some of the faqs at gamefaq.com some of them have accurate advice others don't make sense to me at all that is why I had asked the question to make sure if earning individual cars on seperate tests was true or false.

Also I had only asked that question because I did not know if sony wanted users to use or not use images or small clips from any GT game in are avatars or profiles.

I'll be starting my threads elsewhere now before a full mod or super moderator gets angry about this thread going off topic.

Back