Best Car for the Money.

Originally posted by FuNkBoT
Can a lancer win it pretty easy? If so tell me which one. Ill think about a nsx thanks :)

I did it with my Lancer Evo 5 fully modded. It was kinda tough but it was fun. The second time a used my Esprit 350 (really easy). I did it in about 50 minutes (my fastest) in my Castrol Supra but any race car will do.

Camero SS. Its cheap and easy to upgrade for a good price and power.

Do not buy a Lancer, Zonda, NSX, or S2000.

The Lancer like was stated is easy to get and you should have won one in the Beginnner league.

The Zonda is a terriable car.

The NSX is to slow in the Acceleration dept. for me.

The S2000 is also slow and not a lot of hp.

If you want competition, then you would use a slower car (in which case the Lancer would be perfect). If you mean that it doesn't handle great, then it might be the way you drive, you probably have to do some changes to the setting too. I used my Lancer Evo 5 to beat every rally race in the entire game (except time trials), most of beginner league, and most of amature league.

it'll serve you well for the next 2000 miles. :) I won two of them. I used one for the endurances and one for other races (superspeedway isn't that long) so i don't mess one up and have to use that for the Formula GT Cup.

Hi, i'm pretty new to GT3 and ive finally saved up to get myself a competitive sports car, and im wondering what car and upgrades i should buy.

I got my eye on the Lancer, Skyline, Viper, 3000GT, or possibly an NSX. Any alternatives/recommendations?

I currently have an upgraded Mazda Miata and ran in Turo Cup Test Course to save up.

Thx

The Skyline is probably your safest bet - up to sth like 1050hp and 4wd. I never really liked the 4wd Skylines' handling, but you'll still go real fast, and other people seem to like it. It also has an adjustable rear spoiler :).

but, funwise, buy a Mustang SVT Cobra R.
very competitive car, fun as heck to drive, and looks da biznus

I would go for a NSX there handling is great and good hp 400-550hp. Even though i love the skylines...the NSX has better handling. Vipers cost to much for what you need right now.

Ok i got the Skyline a day ago and got enuff money to upgrade it the Turbine Kit 4, 1040 HP now. What can i do to increase my handling? Adjust brakes? Super-Soft Tires?

I also wanna enter the Like The wind Race, but damn i'm struggling getting my Super license :shakehead

Originally posted by fr33style
Ok i got the Skyline a day ago and got enuff money to upgrade it the Turbine Kit 4, 1040 HP now. What can i do to increase my handling?
And so it goes... always the same sad story. The lure of big HP snags another innocent victim and smashes him into the outside wall of Turn One.
:(
The secret truth is that the Skyline is never going to handle very well with that much power. It's about 400 hp more than you will need for quite a while.

What's done is done. Invest in the racing suspension package, a racing LSD, lightweight 1 & 2, and possibly sports brakes. Get medium slicks but nothing softer than that.

Then drive. And search the tuning board for anything to do with Skylines or AWD. Good luck.

If you want great stock performance, the Viper is king for that amount.
If you plan to build a monster. For 75-80k there are three cars that stand out: Mazda Rx-7 Type RS, Lancer Evo 7 RS, and Mustang SVT Cobra R.
It Rx-7 handles great out of the box. For 80,000 you can build 450 Hp and install race suspension.
The Lancer is just a tad over 25k leaving 55, to build it up.
The Cobra R, has 385 HP out of the box. Add Race Susp, Stage 2 N/a build up, brakes, and you'll still have 10G's left of that 80,000.

too fast for a non racecar??? a brick on wheels what skyline is that? the skylines a good car for a newbie. the vipers wouldnt be to great for a newbie the other choices are alright

Back