Best Car in GT1

• Thread starter Zero
  • 642 comments
Best car for me was FTO LM Edition Black, but I've got the Dodge Viper GTS-R White/Green Stripes.... I barely play with that... but it was awesome too.

Hard to say.. Depends on event. In most events I use my red RM Viper GTS, for the hard tuned championship I use my top tuned R33 (but gonna have to try others too)

GranTurisom1carshotsa4.jpg

Can't say that I've ever had the quality or satisfaction of a video game win altered by a car color, uniform color, color of my boxers etc.

I like cars with clear handling, whereupon i mostly rode in
Dodge Viper GTS-R (680hp;1249kg)
Castrol Supra GT (646hp;1150kg)
Subaru Impreza Rally Edition (575hp;980kg)
Mitsubishi Galant VR4 (783hp;1065kg)
Nissan 180SX Type X (479hp;907kg) => persistently won GrandValley 300km race!
Chevrolet Camaro Z28 30th Anniversary (415hp;1051kg)

I loved Grand Valley 300km Endurance Race + SS Route 11 All Night Endurance Races I & II, and despite some of my fav cars were very weak, several times won these long-lasting races with opponents such as R33 GT-R 95, GTO TwinTurbo, Castrol Supra GT, GT-R LM, NSX-R LM GT2 and Impreza Rally Edition.

GOD! It´s so god to remember the LM edition race cars from GT1.

I had the GTO LM. So dawn nice car. Would love to see a Premium Version of the car in GT5.

And i never found the GTO in GT2.

FTO LM is just fantastic. Of all the times I've won the FTO LM Edition on GT1 the only colour I've ever won it in was black. Although I'll never forget the first time I raced the Impreza Rally Edition.

I loved the viper when I was a kid-noob for the FR races.

But I've always had a thing for the Toyota Chaser LM! Was such an awesome car to get.

I have to add one more car to my favourites list - the Eclipse GT. Although a bit slow when stock, this car can really kick some decent butt when you tune it a little. I even won the Hard Tuned series twice with it, against cars like the GT-R V.spec and the NSX. 👍

Yeah, actually it won, I couldn't believe it myself, but it's true. And it won not because it's fast (it's 390 hp fully tuned) but because it's like glued to the road. On top of that it's quite light - only ~1100 kg with WR Stage 3.

P.S: Yesterday I also tried to win the second SSR12 Endurance and I did, again with this Eclipse.

Gran Turismo ™;8135945
im gona try this right now, isnt it FF? lol we'll see about this
Yes, it is an FF car, but it's handling is superb. If you want I can give you my setup for the car, it should work just fine. :)

okay well i just beat the hard tuned with it, mine only had 387hp though? and like 313 torque (weak) but with the right ratios you can actually pull decently hard to about 187mph in 5th gear. I actually got 2nd place twice in the event, due to the random fact one car out of the pack just gets the juice in the individual map and just owns it. The clubman stage 2 and the grand valley speedway 2 were prime examples. It does handle suprisingly well, but at the same time decent enough to let you win. I actually won a car i've been looking for on that event...a darker blue AE86 corolla. Whats cool about when you win those types of special colored cars, you always have the most HP avaliable, if you buy one used and you tuned them both up im pretty sure the one you won will have more HP :P thanks for the idea of using eclipse though, but what i found was unrealistic was they call it GT, even though in america its a GST (front wheel drive 4g63) which is same motor as lancer evo 3 which has all this more HP and all wheel drive...oh well.

Gran Turismo ™;8137165
okay well i just beat the hard tuned with it, mine only had 387hp though? and like 313 torque (weak) but with the right ratios you can actually pull decently hard to about 187mph in 5th gear. I actually got 2nd place twice in the event, due to the random fact one car out of the pack just gets the juice in the individual map and just owns it. The clubman stage 2 and the grand valley speedway 2 were prime examples. It does handle suprisingly well, but at the same time decent enough to let you win. I actually won a car i've been looking for on that event...a darker blue AE86 corolla. Whats cool about when you win those types of special colored cars, you always have the most HP avaliable, if you buy one used and you tuned them both up im pretty sure the one you won will have more HP :P thanks for the idea of using eclipse though, but what i found was unrealistic was they call it GT, even though in america its a GST (front wheel drive 4g63) which is same motor as lancer evo 3 which has all this more HP and all wheel drive...oh well.

So you trust me now? :P Mine has 390 PS 'cause I have the NTSC-J version. Anyway, that doesn't matter that much. That race on CSR 5 is always difficult for me - somehow the 4WD opponents get a sudden boost of power there and it's tough to keep up with them (that was the only race I didn't win with the Eclipse). The easiest one is Autumnring - even with the Eclipse I finished 4-5 seconds ahead of the 2nd placed car. But it is possible to win that championship with the Mitsu after all. And I also kinda like to see GT-Rs and Evos getting their butts handed to them on a silver plate from a car with half the power :D

P.S: The US GST model is the same as the GT in Japan - they are the same car. ;)

what i've been trying to do is to win the "normal" event with a car that isn't usually fast. I remember i failed with a evo3, i have troubles vs the NSX on some maps when i tried it with a celica GT four, im still trying out different cars though, its all in your shifting seems like, if i rev it up til the very possible end and then shift you almost get a lil boost just from shifting it seems like.

Back