Best Car in GT1

• Thread starter Zero
  • 642 comments
I once had a kick ass Mitsubishi GTO 1992. Blue Racing modification, about 981hp, with the wheels angled with the top sticking out a bit, and a shine that lights up the night. And it all belongs to "Kid DYNOMITE!"

BT-> I think its the Purple-Eggplant Dodge Concept Car (aka. Copperhead).

pic

^ That thing is not grippy nor fast, but it was always a hoot to drive! :sly:

~> "Pop some roll-over wheelies yo!" :dopey:

BTW-> Heres a cool GT1 (GT2, GT3, & GT4) car review site!

Gran Turismo Car Reviews

:)👍

We share the same taste then :D. And I lol'd at your colour description :lol:. I always thought this car is a tribute to Famine though ;).

The Copperhead is the fastest car in GT1 though (laptime wise, top speed wise GTO/Supra is fastest). And it's a bit faster in the US version because of lower weight (PD messed up converting kg to lb, or something like that).

That's Parnelli's site btw, always a good read 👍.

I once had a kick ass Mitsubishi GTO 1992. Blue Racing modification, about 981hp, with the wheels angled with the top sticking out a bit, and a shine that lights up the night. And it all belongs to "Kid DYNOMITE!"

That must be a hybrid I'm sure? Max HP for a GTO is 930 (and that's for '96 TT version, '92 should be even less). And GT1 doesn't allow positive chamber either.

thats what I was going to say.

A bit off-topic, but how come this guy can post vids in his sig?

That must be a hybrid I'm sure? Max HP for a GTO is 930 (and that's for '96 TT version, '92 should be even less). And GT1 doesn't allow positive chamber either.

It's somewhere around that. I had that save data last in '05. Or it may be in my PS1 memory card. Chances are, but I can't remember.
Actually, the chamber was in GT1. How could I angle the tires then? :sly:

Chamber was in GT1, but it only allows you to make the values negative (i.e. bottom of tire angled outwards). You said in your post that you made the "wheels angled with the top sticking out", which means positive chamber. Unless you made a typo...

Chamber was in GT1, but it only allows you to make the values negative (i.e. bottom of tire angled outwards). You said in your post that you made the "wheels angled with the top sticking out", which means positive chamber. Unless you made a typo...

Now it's all coming back to me. I am sorry for my mistake. That was 5 years ago.

The FTO LM. Looks gorgeous, and is just so hard to beat. While lacking the pure rocket-under-the-hood acceleration feel of the Concept Car, is was plenty quick packing 541 horsepower and a nice light weight of 2050 pounds. And the all wheel drive system is excellent. The car just handles so great. The glory moments never end. It's totally worth doing the Japan US series a few times to get this great car. But I have a couple nits to pick about the car:

1. Turbo lag.
The FTO LM revs very slowly below 3000 rpm in first gear, but you can get past it by revving the engine enough. Idle starts are so sluggish.

2. The engine sound.
It just sounds ugly. Anyone agree?

Last edited:
I'd say the Copperhead is the best, but it's so ridiculously fast that it spoils the fun of the game. So I'd have to say the Viper GTS racing mod, or perhaps the FTO LM.

I can't remember the EXACT model but one of the Subaru were just amazing, aside from top speed it was a MONSTER.

I can't remember the EXACT model but one of the Subaru were just amazing, aside from top speed it was a MONSTER.

That'll be the LM Rally Edition. That was a beaut. My favourite car from GT1? There's about 10 of them. But the one that was the most fun to drive... Cerbera LM. Easily. Also, a tuned Pulsar was awesome to drive.

Mitsubishi GTO LM (best car in GT1, hands down)
Nissan GTR LM Road Car
Toyota Supra (silver tuned version)
And of course, Nissan Skyline GTR R33 (fully tuned it made 1043 hp).

TRD3000!

TRD3000GT.jpg

and the FTO LM and 400R RM :D

TRD3000 was a right bostard to beat in the Normal Car Challenge before I realised I could use a Viper. (Forgive me, I was about 10 or 11)

Good drive when you won it though.

If I remember, the GTO was much faster, but the FTO cornered like glue.

Both were great cars.

The 1989 Skyline R32 wasn't that bad if you ignored the turbo lag and just appreciated the 930 hp. With that Calsonic racing livery, damn that thing looked fine. Second best car to the FTO LM. I found the GTO LM to just be plain too heavy IIRC.

The best stock car is no doubt, the Dodge Viper. The best car period is the concept car once you set it up.

My FAVORITE car is the Cerberra LM (Honorable mentions to the Silvia LM and FTO LM).

Going through this thread, the Chaser LM gets little praise. I think it's a fantastic car.

Hmmm... tough one... I'd say the Impreza Rally Edition

The Impreza Rally Edition was a beast. A great car, fun to drive. It overachieved with its performance.

Funny how no one really gives the Nismo GT-R LM Special the credit it deserves either...

Back