Best Original GT track not Confirmed for GT6

• Thread starter mustafur
  • 236 comments

Best Non-confirmed for GT6 Original Track(Road)

Votes: 12 1.9%
  • Midfield Raceway

Votes: 132 20.8%
  • Complex String

Votes: 31 4.9%
  • SS Route 11

Votes: 80 12.6%
  • El Capitan

Votes: 114 18.0%
  • Red Rock Valley Raceway

Votes: 43 6.8%
  • Seattle Circuit

Votes: 151 23.8%
  • Super Speedway

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Grindelwald

Votes: 20 3.1%
  • Tahiti Circuit

• New York

Votes: 15 2.4%
  • Seoul Central

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • Honk Kong

• Motorland

Votes: 6 0.9%

• Total voters
I would love to see Complex String in an update. I just remember always trying to push through the serpentine at full speed without the rear coming loose. So much fun.

Why not Complex String? I mean, it's a track where you've got all in one: long high speed corners, tight hairpins, 90 degree cornes, chicanes, some s-corners, up's and down's and so on. :) I loved this track in GT3!! :D
COME ON PEOPLE VOTE FOR COMPLEX STRING, OR IS IT TOO COMPLEX FOR YOU?:lol::lol::lol:

And btw, I like El Capitan and Midfield Raceway a lot too. :)

I had no idea Seattle Circuit was so popular! Why is that, what does everyone like about it? Is it just because we saw it in the NSX trailer or is it genuienly liked that much? I enjoyed the circuit back in GT3 and 4, the 200 Mile race there was pretty fun (bearing that Cobra could be a real challenge) and the GT40 Super License test in GT3 was fantastic but otherwise, I didn't really get a huge amount of enjoyment out of it. I'd like to see it return, don't get me wrong, but I guess that's differing opinions, huh. I do wonder how the cars would handle the jumps with the new physics system but at the same time, I wonder if they're suitable for the game now, are multiple jumps in a row on a street circuit realistic enough for Gran Turismo now?

Anyway, I personally voted for El Capitan. Admittedly, I wasn't the biggest fan of that track at first but it grew on me. I began to really enjoy it. It had everything I wanted in a track, pretty much, and it actually felt like it could've been one of those fantastic lesser known, completely underrated, real-life circuits. Runner up for me, would have to be Midfield Raceway. Looking at it, you wouldn't think it would be that exciting, but it did give you a decent challenge, and given the right opponent, you could have some great races. I think I'm one of the few who prefer the GT4 version too.

Why not Complex String? I mean, it's a track where you've got all in one: long high speed corners, tight hairpins, 90 degree cornes, chicanes, some s-corners, up's and down's and so on. :) I loved this track in GT3!! :D
COME ON PEOPLE VOTE FOR COMPLEX STRING, OR IS IT TOO COMPLEX FOR YOU?:lol::lol::lol:

Because it's so dull, artificial, mechanical, flat and lifeless that I'm amazed some people want that back again. In the GT3 days the only section most people enjoyed was the hilly one towards the end, which felt more like what a real track should be. For the most part Complex String was regarded as a boring circuit, and also too long and therefore not useful for car testing despite having a "testing track" flavor.

Rather, why not old Rome or Rome Night instead?

Last edited:
SSR11 from GT1 is top for me! I remember the old days of grinding up with the Toyota Supra MA70 Turbo in red, i even had a Jordan F1 steering wheel at the time. Aaahh memories....

Anyway the SSR11 track in GT3 didnt feel right, but aside from SSR11 i'd like to see red rock, midfield (though no one mentions how short and boring this was?), seattle would bring back some memories as well.

The bigger issue is that most of the newer tracks feel empty and cold, if you can all take your minds back to the atmosphere in GT1 - Fluorescent colours (like when it says 'Gran Turismo' in the intro vid), bright and colourful pixel crowds in the stands that cheered in a nostalgic tone as you went by (Grand Valley Speedway is where I remember it the most), the music and sound effects... Everything was great back then but now some of the tracks feel like I forced some authorities to close the track just so i can drive around it as opposed to a glorious event with that distinct GT feel.

Oh and Rome night plus the old circuits of rome, i'd like to see these again as well!

Seattle was still one of the best tracks I have ever played. Seattle just had a little of everything. High and low speed stuff. Midfield Raceway was always a classic too, but I think it favored high HP cars.

I had no idea Seattle Circuit was so popular! Why is that, what does everyone like about it? Is it just because we saw it in the NSX trailer or is it genuienly liked that much?

Seattle has great corners and combines them well, and, even though it lacks technical corners like Silverstone and Spa, it's not an easy circuit, you have to attack the corners and fight the car or you'll be slow all around. The hard braking corners (all but 1) have great follow through that keeps the speed going, unlike Monaco GP where half do half don't. Top that with elevation changes, it might be the best they ever created.

Personally it's the only circuit I would never get bored no matter the length of the race or how far ahead I'd get, it keeps me awake and it's always satisfying to kiss the walls.

i want all. can i have all tracks please? XD
i think the track i miss the most is midfield raceway, followed by inches by red rock.

ICEMAN_ZIDANE said
OMG

Where are Citta di Aria

Going just by memory, Citta di Aria was based on a real town in Italy, I think. Costa Almafi was supposed to be on the Isle of Capri, but I don't know if it was based on real streets or not.

Amalfi_Coast_Campania_Italy.jpg

That Hong Kong track has always had a special place in my heart for some reason.

Love to see GT6 rendition of it, but in GT4, in the GT World Championship it was the track
that would hold me from finishing the Professional Events and opening the Expert Events.

Love to see GT6 rendition of it, but in GT4, in the GT World Championship it was the track
that would hold me from finishing the Professional Events and opening the Expert Events.

It was definitely difficult for me to finish pole position in Hong Kong than most tracks for me as well. The A.I. is actually pretty fast on that track imo.

I voted for Seattle, I used to love driving that course with the GT40 but I really miss the Costa Amalfi course,I used to grind that track for the prize car, the Toyota Raid Rally car that was worth $269.000 credits per win iirc. didn't take too long to hit $1,000,000. credits like that.

I had no idea Seattle Circuit was so popular! Why is that, what does everyone like about it? Is it just because we saw it in the NSX trailer or is it genuienly liked that much? I enjoyed the circuit back in GT3 and 4, the 200 Mile race there was pretty fun (bearing that Cobra could be a real challenge) and the GT40 Super License test in GT3 was fantastic but otherwise, I didn't really get a huge amount of enjoyment out of it. I'd like to see it return, don't get me wrong, but I guess that's differing opinions, huh. I do wonder how the cars would handle the jumps with the new physics system but at the same time, I wonder if they're suitable for the game now, are multiple jumps in a row on a street circuit realistic enough for Gran Turismo now?

Anyway, I personally voted for El Capitan. Admittedly, I wasn't the biggest fan of that track at first but it grew on me. I began to really enjoy it. It had everything I wanted in a track, pretty much, and it actually felt like it could've been one of those fantastic lesser known, completely underrated, real-life circuits. Runner up for me, would have to be Midfield Raceway. Looking at it, you wouldn't think it would be that exciting, but it did give you a decent challenge, and given the right opponent, you could have some great races. I think I'm one of the few who prefer the GT4 version too.

I wasn't a big fan of El capitan as well but I got the hang of it and became a pretty decent track to drive on. I remember when I used to suck at that track for so long then finally got used to it. It's a tough track to drive.

I voted for Midfield as it is my favourite GT track of all time.

I would have voted have also voted for either Special Stage Route 11 or Seattle, but Seattle can exist anymore as the roads that form up the end of the track in real life are gone :(

Back