Best Original GT track not Confirmed for GT6

• Thread starter mustafur
  • 236 comments

Best Non-confirmed for GT6 Original Track(Road)

Votes: 12 1.9%
  • Midfield Raceway

Votes: 132 20.8%
  • Complex String

Votes: 31 4.9%
  • SS Route 11

Votes: 80 12.6%
  • El Capitan

Votes: 114 18.0%
  • Red Rock Valley Raceway

Votes: 43 6.8%
  • Seattle Circuit

Votes: 151 23.8%
  • Super Speedway

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Grindelwald

Votes: 20 3.1%
  • Tahiti Circuit

• New York

Votes: 15 2.4%
  • Seoul Central

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • Honk Kong

• Motorland

Votes: 6 0.9%

• Total voters
Really? :drool: Yeah, they were only given with certain Pizza Hut orders for around a month, sometime in 1998 or '99. It also contains alot of hidden evidence of things that were supposed to be in the final GT2, including things hinting that SSR11 was supposed to be in the game, as Xenn found in his awesome "Searching for Evidence of Hidden Things" thread! :eek:

Definitely, It's so cool! Just watch this:

The suspension model has more roll in that demo than GT6! I'm pretty sure GT regressed after GT2 in tje quest for shiny graphics and is only just catching up with its predecessor. .

Midfield, El Captain and Seattle are must haves for sure. SSR11 and Redrock got good votes as well. If PD is promising 1 track per month in dlc, I am sure many tracks in this thread will make the cut and stay with GT from here out when it jumps to next gen. I think they realize the mistake of taking some tracks out. Dlc the most popular first or bundle them. If PD/Sony actually watches this site (I am sure someone there does) its a given that the requested tracks need to return. One track that was a favorite of mine that hasn't gotten any votes is Infineon. I don't know what it was about that track but I loved it. Challenging all the way thru it. Elevation changing, corners and high speed zones all had to be accounted for to overtake another. Add the revamped A.I., weather changes and all the new car enhanced modeling characteristics and now this track can be a good challenging circuit again.

I like Citta, and it's a beautiful track for cruising and Photo Mode, but for actual racing it's not my favorite. I'd still like to see it return, but I'm hoping for even older tracks for DLC, like SSR11 and Midfield. I'd even pay good money for the original High-Speed Ring, before it all the life was sucked out of it.

My entire childhood lives in Tahiti Circuit.
The dirt track that looks like a boot right? Yeah, I love that one too, though my absolute favourite is Tahiti Road.

edit: I think you also meant Tahiti Road, the first and most beginner-friendly track of GT2. It certainly was a great place to start.

Last edited:
For me, it's the New York Circuit. It's like racing in Time Square, and man, it was so fun. The only GT game I play to use this track is GT PSP.

El Capitan, looooved that track in GT5 and Tourist Trophy!! Kaz/PD pleeease bring it back :( Racing in helmet cam view in TT on that track.. magic! :embarrassed:

Rich history of old tracks - I am sure the old guys at PD would love to revisit the old tracks and polish them up to bleeding edge graphics and physics.

Assisi was nails at first then you calmed down and enjoyed the close stone walls, front doors, medieval gates and roman temples. The sense of speed was epic.

Capri was just a smidge arcade but a joy to drive even if it was a simplistic hairpin fest.

El Capitan - Big booming track and a real flow to it. Loved the Gravity Cavity section and the sand drifts on the track.

SS11 - So long ago - my memories are in black and white cathode ray tube images. - In theory GT could have dozens of Fantasy Night City tracks as the guts of the graphics could be recycled as the darkness can hide a lot of modelling issues.

But for now I am just enjoying Zandvoort 60's layout - sweeper-tastic

They ought to make a nighttime version of New York.
All tracks should have full Day/Night +Weather options in future, starmap optional. (won't need one for New York because you'll never see stars in a brightly lit city)
I can't believe anyone liked this track.
I can't believe anyone voted for "13", and that there isn't a Motor Sports Land button.
msportld.jpg

They're making little Motor Sports Land cry. :(

I can't believe anyone liked this track.

It wouldn't be my personal favorite for running races but for testing there was nothing better! Some parts of the track were great fun, like the long sweeping curves over the hilly section. Taking that part of the track as fast as you could go just barely on the edge of grip at the crest of each hill :embarrassed: so fun! I'd be thrilled if they brought it back!

Midfield was just about the only thing I'd race in 3, and majority in 4. Love that track so much and I can't believe PD hasn't made an updated GT6 version with nighttime and weather yet. I always thought it made a fantastic endurance track, especially for GT300s and cars with less than 200hp. Fantastic for formulas too with all the high speed sweepers and the final complex of corners after the crossover.

GT2/3 daytime Rome would be my second choice, if only for the first corner.

Back