Best VGT Car So Far

• Thread starter Islaygaz
  • 151 comments

Best VGT Car So Far

• Total voters
They all llook like the manufactures took a regular cars and just squash in down. I don't find any of these all that exciting.

They all llook like the manufactures took a regular cars and just squash in down. I don't find any of these all that exciting.
that is true for all of them except the Merc, what regular car would that be?;)
(thats why it is the clear winner btw)

Nissan though.
The Nissan is a mesh-warped GT-R.

Edt. Look at the taillights, just like GT-R, and the A-pillar (actually the entire cockpit part)
Also, the headlights is not that far off from the GT-R concept 13 years ago...

et_

Edt. Look at the taillights, just like GT-R, and the A-pillar (actually the entire cockpit part)
It's a unique design as far as the car itself goes, the Bimmer is clearly an M235I Touring Car DTM thing, the VW is a roadster of the concept car from a year ago, and the Mitsubishi is a hotted up XR-PHEV.

Just because it shares certain design elements with another machine of the manufacturer, does not make it that car.

I like the BMW because it looks and feels like a car the company could actually produce and pass safety tests and sell for less than $3,000,000. I believe the program was about pushing the envelope and while I don't think BMW pushed nearly as far as other companies I feel they pushed enough.

The Mercedes-Benz is awesome because we can actually tune the car and make it unique. Also, enormous bonus points for actually producing an actual life-sized version for people to touch!

I am totally embarrassed by the Nissan effort. Nissan has a very close relationship with Kaz/PD/Gran Turismo franchise and they deliver a car 7 months later than Mercedes-Benz yet they can't even supply use with a HP or Torque figure?! Nothing can be tuned (they aren't the only company guilty of this) and with absolutely zero technical information given about this car I just got turned off immediately.

I don't drive ANY of the VGT cars with any regularity and if it were up to me I'd ask that development be focused on other things than imaginary cars, but I can understand why some people like them. To each their own! :)

1. BMW: The lines and colors flow really, really well. It actually looks like a cars a company could produce as part of a "race-package" deal of sorts.

2. Nissan: I quite like the radical styling actually and that engine sound isn't too bad either.

3. Aston Martin & Mercedes: These two tie simply because of how ugly I think they both are (although to me Merc > Aston). The Merc is quite ugly shape-wise and the Aston looks like a wannabe road-going version of the GT90 with all the angles softened.

4. Mitsubishi & VW: Tie for last because they were lazily done cars based off of existing concepts.

VW Vision GTi

Volkswagen-Golf-GTI-Vision-Gran-Turismo-Roadster-interior.jpg

Just because.

I voted for the Aston Martin DP-100 VGT as it looks fantastic and is a blast to drive on SH tyres. On it's standard RH tyres there is some lively handling but on SH it can be insane. Love it and it has surpassed the Volkswagen GTI Roadster VGT as a result!

My favourite thing about the Nissan Concept 2020 VGT is the amazing Carbon paint scheme it has.

It's a unique design as far as the car itself goes, the Bimmer is clearly an M235I Touring Car DTM thing, the VW is a roadster of the concept car from a year ago, and the Mitsubishi is a hotted up XR-PHEV.

Just because it shares certain design elements with another machine of the manufacturer, does not make it that car.
True, but the Merc shares nothing with any of their road cars (or race cars for that matter).
That's why I rate that higher than the Nissan, but as I said before, both the Merc and Nissan captures the essence of what VGT is all about pretty well, the others do not.

It's really hard choosing just one but I would go with the Aston. Poor Mitsubishi though. It's not the most original looking car but it is still a very good one. Just out of curiosity I checked the team credits for each VGT car so far. It turns out that the Mitsubishi car that had the most number of people involved on the project as well as being, along with Nissan, the only that had engineers listed as part of the team. So I wouldn't call it lazy, they were obviously taking it seriously.

I went for the BMW, it's a bit tame in terms of it's concept and styling (yes, it is just a hotted up M235i Racing), but it's the most fun to drive in my opinion...

After the BMW, I think the Racing version of the Merc looks very good, and it is quite nice to drive. I think then the Mitsubishi is probably the next best looking after that, but it drives like a total dog (on tarmac at least). The VW looks awful to me, and I seem to remember struggling to get the damn thing to rotate through the corners in the TT. The Aston and the Nissan look alright, but I was expecting something better from both to be honest, and I'm not so much of a fan of the way the Nissan handles - seems to get a lot of push mid-corner.

I've not yet raced them all back-to-back. Think I might do that tonight.

I don't like them,I don't drive them,those cars are fictional toys ;)

Agreed. I wish they used the time and effort that they expended on these fictional, or concept cars to upgrade some of the essential/iconic standard cars that have been neglected since GT4. Have you seen the Jag XKE up close in Photo mode? It's just unacceptable. It's supposed to be the "Real" driving simulator. Fictitious cars or cars that are prototype mockups are not real.

As for the Merc AMG VGT that Kaz is posing with... How real is it actually? Do we know? Is it like the Citroen GT, that is only a mockup, or a test mule with a completely different drivetrain?

I choose the Nissan because of how it accelerates just it's overall feel. I also loved the raw power of the AMG VGT fully upgraded. I'm really excited to see what Audi (whether it's a next gen r8, LMP, rally, or something new) and Ford (whether it's a futuristic spinoff of the gt40, mustang, a rally car or something entirely different.) I love what pd and car companies are doing with vgt but I want to see these cars put into production or cars be heavily based of these.

As for the Merc AMG VGT that Kaz is posing with... How real is it actually? Do we know? Is it like the Citroen GT, that is only a mockup, or a test mule with a completely different drivetrain?

If by real you mean fully functional prototype, no that Merc is not. Only VW built a fully functional VGT car. Also the Citroen GT also has a working prototype, powered by a V8, wich is also in the game.

If by real you mean fully functional prototype, no that Merc is not. Only VW built a fully functional VGT car. Also the Citroen GT also has a working prototype, powered by a V8, wich is also in the game.

I have seen the (videos of) Citroen, but as you said, it was V8 powered, not electric like the concept car was. I probably like the VW out of all the VGT's. It's fairly easy to picture it as an actual production model with a standard roof.

Again, not trying to be nit-picky, but I just wish they spent the effort on the real cars instead. If we wanted to play a fantasy car-arcadey type racing game, there are tons to choose from (NFS, Forza, Midnight club..etc) this is the ONLY serious sim for consoles available. Realism is what GT is supposed to be about. That's what made it so successful. I just hate to see it lose it's way

et_

Because it takes inspiration from GTR's! Thats obvious. Aston Martin has the trademark front grille shape, is that bad?

Take a few minutes and watch the gtr in the gallery view in your garage. The level of detail is impressive. The way the exhausts flow from the front out the side sills, the flying butresses behind the side windows, the implementation of the rear wing... its a nice piece of kit. My only gripe is the position of the headlights. But it drives awesome. So far its between the 2020 and the Aston imo.

None of the cars have really blown me out of the water, but my favourite three so far have been the Aston, Merc, and Nissan because I think they have the best designs. My wooden spoon goes to BMW... Very bland for a concept car designed for video game. A real missed opportunity to show off their creativity.

Back