Best VGT Car So Far

• Thread starter Islaygaz
  • 151 comments

Best VGT Car So Far

• Total voters
I like VGT, lets the manufactures think outside of the box on their designs or make something unique. The VGT's that stand out to me are the Mercedes Benz and Nissan (it has a 'KERS' style system). As a few people have said that the BMW was a wasted opportunity and it sort of is, a rebodied 2-series is not something that stands out or is outside the box.

I just love all the VGT cars - the whole concept is absolutely fantastic - and the most surprisingly pleasing one for me so far has been the Mitsubishi XR-PHEV, given it's a bit of an ugly beast but handles so well! But if I had to pick a favourite it'd probably be the Mercedes; was the first to arrive so made the biggest impact, looks great, drives great. That could very well change though going by some of the teasers of upcoming VGTs :drool:

I had so much fun with the Aston Martin DP-100 Vision GT, it's got 800 ponies, and if you use manual transmission, it will go to 397KM/H. Handling's very tight, also somehow stable, and took it to every track. It was awesome. You should get it in Platinum White/Racing Orange so it's like the real life car.

I enjoy the Aston the most. Despite it's ginormous amounts of power, I found that it never actively tried to...shall I say, kill me? :lol:
I'm definitely looking forward to the Daihatsu VGT. Being a big fan of Kei cars, I'm very curious to see what they have in store for us.

It's a hard call, the BMW, Aston, VW, Nissan, and Benz are all really good. The Mitsubishi is trash how ever. Had to go with the Aston based on looks and wow factor.

The best VGT for me is the one from BMW, it's best looking and its very fun to drive, too bad the closed cars don't have interior :(

I'd have to go with the Volkswagen GTI Roadster. I like the looks, I really like the fact they modeled the interior and it seemed VW had a lot of fun with the process from the teasers to the trailers/videos. It really seemed like they went into their project full bore and it looked like they were having loads of fun with it! It might not be the best car performance-wise but if every VGT car got the same level of passion/fun/detail as the Volkswagen team gave their project it would be amazing. Big hats off to VW!

The engine in both The Aston Martin and The Mitsubishi aren't good for top speed but have a good amount of low end to mid end torque. The Nissan takes it because its power doesn't drop like a stone after 7000RPM.

I like to think that the GTbyCitroen is what started the whole VGT kerfuffle, then the collaboration with Red Bull got us several cars that showcase Red Bull Racing. Now we have the VGT project.
Absolutely agree with you,thats why i initially mentionned about the Citroen... in my mind, i think thats the car that kinda kicked start the whole idea, project... so i would consider the "fictional" Citroen GT as one of the VGT... a concept car that we can all virtually drive...

I voted for the Aston but really it is hard to pick one over the others all of them are pretty cool additions to the game.

I havent driven extensively all the VGT, so i cant really say at this point which is my favorite per say...

But for the limited seat time i have so far, i like how the VW handles the best, easiest to drive and put down a good time, due to its 4WD, its the most forgiving...

Look wise, i would say the Merc because it was the first, even tho the Citroen is really the number 0!
Although the BMW is the most down to earth design of the bunch, i dont like how the VW GTI looks, i think its a lazy design. Mitsubishi really was a surprise, out of no where... shouldnt the Toyota also be on this list... iam getting my cars all mixed up.

But honestly i want to reserve my judgement until all VGT are out to really say which one is my most favorite visually.

Last edited:
Best 600PP regular car in the entire game, imo, is the new Nissan 2020. Get in and grind, no fuss.

Best race car of the VGT's is the BMW.

I like the Aston, but at 649PP it is all but unusable for practically every event in the game.

I too consider the Citroen to be VGT #0. It is still my favorite. Looks like they just rolled it out this week. It's holding up well IMO. The Bertone or the open wheel Ford may end up being my favorite once it's all said and done.

I too consider the Citroen to be VGT #0. It is still my favorite. Looks like they just rolled it out this week. It's holding up well IMO. The Bertone or the open wheel Ford may end up being my favorite once it's all said and done.

I feel the same about the Citroen. It looks awesome and the race car is very fun to drive. It's my favourite of all the VGTs. I'm also looking forward for Bertone's Tumbler and Alpine's VGT. They look to be the most unique.

The Aston is SO MANLY. Driving it three miles (yes, miles: it's a Brit, deal with it) will cause your chin to go square as an anvil, hair to grow on your chest and a Tom Selleck moustache to appear on your face. Yes, even if you are a lady. The DP100 is what happens when Aston Martin tries to design a MR car while they're not too busy at failing hard.

It's the most awesome thing ever invented.

(But if you think ANY of the VGT is undeserving of praise, then I don't want to talk with you, party-pooper)

The Aston is SO MANLY. Driving it three miles (yes, miles: it's a Brit, deal with it) will cause your chin to go square as an anvil, hair to grow on your chest and a Tom Selleck moustache to appear on your face. Yes, even if you are a lady. The DP100 is what happens when Aston Martin tries to design a MR car while they're not too busy at failing hard.

It's the most awesome thing ever invented.

(But if you think ANY of the VGT is undeserving of praise, then I don't want to talk with you, party-pooper)
Pssst.... Aston is RM4WD.

I really like how the Nissan drives, it has my vote.
But it's still the ugliest looking VGT.

If Vision GT were to date back to GT4, the Nike ONE would've been the first Vision GT car and the second would've been the Toyota MTRC Concept. NeoGAF's saying that the next Vision GT could be from Alfa Romeo and/or Subaru. (proof here... http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=122604040#post122604040)

*Really looking forward for the Alpine, Bertone and JORDAN Brand Vision GT's, although it seems like Bertone is dead because they're bankrupt now. I still hope their Vision GT will make it into the game...

Last edited:
For me, the best VGT so far HAS to be the BMW VGT. I just love the way this car looks. There's some cars that have this "thing" about them. It's completely indescribable. For example, the Ferrari F40 has "this"; a Ferrari 458 Italia doesn't. A Bugatti Type 57 has "this"; a Bugatti Veyron Rich-Bastard-With-Zero-Taste Edition doesn't.

I don't know. It's like there's something "attached" to the car. I guess some can call it a "soul" or passion. Sorry to sound philosophical and what-not. This car just has that special "something" about it.

I got mine in the white with stripes, because it resembles this car:

tumblr_lgfnpk6EcO1qzt4q2o1_500.jpg

The Muscle Milk Pickett Racing Lola Aston Martin B09/60. Probably the best sounding LMP I have ever heard (not including Group 6 or Group C). It's a damn shame that the team has closed it's doors.
Thank you for pointing that out. I was trying to pick a color that matched one of Aston Martin's famous racing schemes, but I couldn't find much. I ended up going with the white/stripes. Seems I made a good choice. 👍

So far I've driven the Merc's most as they were the first.. I hate that the 'racing series' version doesn't have a racing number option though... With some tuning they handle great.

The Mitsubishi looks a bit 'Pikes Peak' rally-ish to me, wich i really like, but haven't driven it much.

The BMW handles good, but it's looks are too 'ordinairy', cool but still...

The Aston is cool, I like the color options, but really don't like the headlights, it needs something more classy, in the same style as the rear lights, handling is ok but haven't drove it much.

The VW is like the BMW, handles nice and looks cool but a bit too 'ordinary'.

The Nissan.. Hm.. Looks a bit too 'Batmobile', handling is ok but the overall look of the car just doesn't appeal to me personally.

So overall I think the Merc's come out on top for me.

I do look forward to the Ford VGT as it's sketch hints at open wheels with maybe a bit of hot rod style :) And I'm curious to see what Daihatsu has in store, I really hope for a VGT in Kei style, like an OFC/Copen or maybe a small mpv on steroids :D

Update on the Mitsubishi, been driving it a bit now, and damn.. I think this car has a lot more potential than I thought.. I really suck at tuning cars, and there's no tune for it in the database at this moment so I can't really improve it unfortunately :( And I'm starting to fall in love with it's looks, I liked them from the start but now.. Kinda looks like a DTM car, if those were based on suv's instead of sedans/coupés :)

Last edited:
Back