Best way to earn miles to tune?

• Thread starter f_399
  • 29 comments
Hard to keep grinding to get little miles to use for tuning

Are there specific things you guys like doing to earn it? Or the most rewarding

Discovered by accident when I realized Sport Mode was terrible.. I just did ALOT of that, and now I have 25,5k mileage points + 4,6m credits. AND that's after I have bought alot of cars, so now I'm a bit short on credits.

Gotcha

Where do you find endurance races in arcade? Is it in regular single race?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm real tempted to do an enduro to get some credits and miles. Probably won't do the 24h, but maybe a 1-2 hour race. Or I can make my own Bathurst 1000 :)

I use Custom race in arcade to practice for league events. I currently have 27006 points. I can almost buy everything in Mileage Exchange twice now. Can't wait for GT to upload more content.

Discovered by accident when I realized Sport Mode was terrible.. I just did ALOT of that, and now I have 25,5k mileage points + 4,6m credits. AND that's after I have bought alot of cars, so now I'm a bit short on credits.
I need me those kind of numbers 👍

There is a way to get easy credits by doing the endurance races, customized to 2 competitors but you wont get mileage.

The only way to get mileage is to actually accumulate miles, maybe the rubberband trick will work?

Which is the best to do that

1. Plug controller in via USB cable
  2. Disable force feedback for controller, so it doesn't rattle of the table/desk when you put it down.
  3. Go to Arcade
  4. Go to Custom Race
  5. Choose Northern Isle Speedway
  6. Choose a fast Gr. 1 car (Mazda LM55 VGT etc.)
  7. Choose automatic (AT)
  8. Race Type: Endurance
  9. Time Limit: As long as you want / couple of hours /...
  10. No. of Cars: 2
  11. Boost: Off
  12. Opponent Category: Gr. 1
  13. Opponent Difficulty: Professional
  14. Traction Control: 0 (probably not really necessary)
  15. Put rubberband around R2
  16. Start
  17. Line car up with the wall
  18. Wait till race is done
  19. ...
  20. Succes!
;)

There is a way to get easy credits by doing the endurance races, customized to 2 competitors but you wont get mileage.

The only way to get mileage is to actually accumulate miles, maybe the rubberband trick will work?

I've been using the rubberband trick and accumulated over 41.000 mileage points so far, so it works indeed. :P

Last edited:
So for the rubber band trick you just need the accelerator and maybe steering wheels slightly to the right to hug the wall? Can you do a suspension mod to make to go right?

I never did the rubber band trick before so I have no clue how to setup the controller.

So for the rubber band trick you just need the accelerator and maybe steering wheels slightly to the right to hug the wall? Can you do a suspension mod to make to go right?

I never did the rubber band trick before so I have no clue how to setup the controller.

I only use a rubber band on the throttle, no need for steering so far. Just pick a fast car and line it up straight with the wall, as it hits the corner it will just glide along it. Watch the first lap to be sure it works correctly.

I set the controller up like this:

EDIT: Yeah, make sure you connect a cable to keep it charged! Also it's probably wise to turn off force feedback, so your controller doesn't vibrate off your table/desk.

Last edited:
Trying it with a miata against a gr1, you will get more $$$ but not as much miles, I'll let you all know after 6 hours.

It is working with a miata though, just very slow lol

A friend told me about he's friend. he made a 14 hours arcade endurence race. but all the help systems on. auto brake steering assist and so on. and i think he used duct tejp to keep the acceleration button down. then he went to sleep. went to work and when he got home he had alot of money and milage points. dont know if it's true. steering assist doesn't really steer for you. but it might work.

A friend told me about he's friend. he made a 14 hours arcade endurence race. but all the help systems on. auto brake steering assist and so on. and i think he used duct tejp to keep the acceleration button down. then he went to sleep. went to work and when he got home he had alot of money and milage points. dont know if it's true. steering assist doesn't really steer for you. but it might work.
Riding the wall on an Oval track :sly:

1.1 cancel all power saving settings you may have.
1.2 Go to lobby
2 create a room
3. Set room mode to parctice/endurance
4. choose amount of time (6 hours of sleep as example)
5. auto drive must be allowed
6. create the room wait for a few to join
7. choose a nice fast car I use the tomahawk 2600hp..
8. Start the race and get a little speed or use rolling start... u need an x amount of speed for auto drive to work once up there press options and let it run.
9. Sleep and wake up about 15-17000 mileage points richer
Even if people leaves the race leaving you behind as solo it still finishes the race and rewards you

OTOH, if you just want credits and don't want to mess up your miles driven statistic...

Set up a custom endurance race using the Miata Roadster against 19 of the world's fastest beasts driven by professionals with no boost, from back of the grid etc

At the first opportunity enter the pits and refuse to tell your pit crew what tires you want

Come back when the time has expired, make a tire decision and drive away with the prize money for coming last.

What's the difference between Endurance races on hardest difficulty vs just driving in a time trial for mileage points (on the same track)?

With using an N100 car in a 2 car field to earn maximum credits, instead of parking the car and crossing the finish line at the very end, might as well use the rubberband controller trick and let it hug the wall and do laps. Earns the credits at the end a little bit on mileage as well.

What's the difference between Endurance races on hardest difficulty vs just driving in a time trial for mileage points (on the same track)?

Both are wrong if you do either In arcade you can't auto run which means u have to rubber band it but why... as I said earlier make a lobby game.. endurance to make it time instead of laps and then pause/autorun it... getting you credits mileage and so on
Solo driving over the finish in the end gives you no mileage. if you rubber band you get some but less than auto in lobby also I'm fairly sure it's better reward 8houra lobby compared to 8hours arcade no matter how you try and boosts the reward (credits)... the whole idea builds on doing it while not at the ps4

Anyone else not getting any credits anymore in arcade custom race? Only getting mileage and xp points so far.

Did you rubber band it or just park and then drive over the finish line? It seems they patched it, but not sure if any of the old methods work still

Did you rubber band it or just park and then drive over the finish line? It seems they patched it, but not sure if any of the old methods work still

The parking one. Gonna try the rubberband oval tomorrow while I'm at work. Will see if that still works.

EDIT: Tried the rubberband on the oval track with a fast car, and that still works as usual.

Last edited:
Back