Biggest Disappointment in GT1

I recall if I didn't tap a few walls, Gold was almost impossible for some of those tracks, And Laguna Seca with that Viper was a nightmare!

It took me until GT4 to start driving with skill....cause before I would get nothing but bronze and a ocasional silver and super out of the ordanary gold. But since I went back Ive been getting golds and silvers in GT1,GT2 and GT4......I guess driving a real car makes you drive better:)

Oh yeah, I remember that. I broke my controller trying to do the Laguna Seca test.

Took me at least 3 hours straight.

Parnelli Bone
But for me, gT1 has some of hte hardest license tests. I had a problem with the fact that the demo was located way back in the Start menu. It's so much easier when the demo is right there for you to watch.
Many of the GT1 license tests make recurring repeat appearances in later games, of course.

Another problem with GT1 demos was many of them weren't even gold!

And GT1 replays did not show a running clock, so you couldn't check sub-goals.

But getting gold was basically a case of raising speed as much as you could without squealing the tires. (Also keeping a good apex--generally late). There was no discernable weight-transfer to worry about as long as you were at least in the ball-park of the correct speed for the corner.

JamaicanDrifter
I used to be afrid of the corkscrew....lol. I used to hate that track......now I love it....

The corkscrew is nothing to be afraid of, I'm afraid. If anything, I tend to go thru it cautiously if I'm in the middle of some traffic. Half the time, cars in GT2 wipe out there :D always good for a chuckle, that is.

Last edited:
SportWagon
Many of the GT1 license tests make recurring repeat appearances in later games, of course.

Another problem with GT1 demos was many of them weren't even gold!

And GT1 replays did not show a running clock, so you couldn't check sub-goals.

But getting gold was basically a case of raising speed as much as you could without squealing the tires. (Also keeping a good apex--generally late). There was no discernable weight-transfer to worry about as long as you were at least in the ball-park of the correct speed for the corner.

This being said...I'm getting back on topic here.

So was anyone else really disappointed by the Dodge Copperhead you win from B-license golds? Or were you psyched. This, I think, was my biggest disappointment. A great car, but you can hardly modify the power. I know I've brought this issue up before, but we have some new peeple here.

Last edited:
JamaicanDrifter
I thoght the Copperhead sucked. It dissapointed me....

The other Copperhead was magnificent. It had that 500 hp motor, but the red one from the license test had way less power. "You can use it to win all the easy races" someone told me once. "I can do all the easy races in my Civic!" I answered.

Last edited:
The dealer music for the Nissan Showroom.

A banshee's dirge only Skyline Fanboys would like!

I'm getting chills just thinking about it now!
(Back to GT4 and the happy GTAuto waiting area music.)

Parnelli Bone
the other copperhead was magnificent. It had that 500 hp motor, but the red one from the license test had way less power. "YOu can use it to win all the easy races" someone told me once. "I can do all the easy races in my Civic!" i answered.

Yeah the difference is that you don't need to buy the Copperhead and so have more money available for tuning, plus you can't tune it much so it saves more money but you can still beat the easy races. Plus it looks better than the Civic!!!!

TMM
Yeah the difference is that you don't need to buy the Copperhead and so have more money available for tuning, plus you can't tune it much so it saves more money but you can still beat the easy races. Plus it looks better than the Civic!!!!

Well...you got me there pal.. But you gotta admit...you can't beat a neon-green Civic Racer! Or how about pink????:ill:

Parnelli Bone
Well...you got me there pal.. But you gotta admit...you can't beat a neon-green Civic Racer! Or how about pink????:ill:

Well yes you are limited on colour and a pink Civic does sound a very attractive car, especially for all those replays...

Yes. I had finally putting in enough effort to win the non-race-modified Dodge Copperhead. It had stared so tantalizingly from that showroom window with that "Not for Sale" sign. And yet, yes, it didn't seem very useful at all.

I mean, I'd already won the so-much-better-it's-cheating version from the UKvsUS series.

I would have been very disappointed if I hadn't already been warned by various sources.

Well that's about it. That's all I was disappointed in GT1, the red Copperhead. I'd rather take a pink Civic anyday!

Last edited:
SportWagon
Yes. I had finally putting in enough effort to win the non-race-modified Dodge Copperhead. It had stared so tantalizingly from that showroom window with that "Not for Sale" sign. And yet, yes, it didn't seem very useful at all.

I mean, I'd already won the so-much-better-it's-cheating version from the UKvsUS series.

I would have been very disappointed if I hadn't already been warned by various sources.

But putting it in context, if you won it as a first car, or as an early car you wouldn't be so disappointed with it and would find it useful. Besides, it wasn't an all race winner but it made you realise that if you got all golds you won a car, so you start on the A license and win the TRD3000GT. Now there is a proper car and is just about an all race winner...

Parnelli Bone
Well that's about it. That's all i was disappointed in GT1, the red copperhead. I'd rather take a pink Civic anyday!

Sorry PB, but pink and Civics are not my fav things... Pink Floyd definatly, Pink the singer as well...

My BIGGEST disappointment was when I had no memory card the first 6 months I had the game:dopey: ...........Then when I got one.....I saved the game, came back and was looking at the options in the memory card screen and I went to my GT1 file and deleted it:mad: :banghead: 🤬 🤬 🤬......Then I cried.......:lol:......The funny thing was I new what I was doing but I couldnt help it.....I still feel stupid.

The sequels are all great, but they would be even BETTER if they kept these things:

1. qualifying...real qualifying, not that pansy crap in GT3 where you just go round the track again and again till you make pole.

2. Highly detailed gear & power charts.

3. Actual turbo-lag.

There's others I'm forgetting, but you get the point.

Last edited:
The biggest disappointment to me was that in the Japanese version the honda Special model was the NSX GT1 Turbo, were as in the pal version we only got the NSX GT2 LM.

I would have prefered the GT1 Turbo model instead, as it had more BHP.

This was also my main disappointment with GT3, in GT3 Japanese players got a JTCC Diablo :drool: , Pal version did not, i was very upset at this loss as Lamborghini is my favorite type of car.

All i can hope is that when GT5 comes along, all the cars are included in all the differant regional GT types.

Back