Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters

Joey D

Premium
United States
Boyne Falls, MI
GTP_Joey
GTP Joey
What is correct? I think Beamer sounds right cause I alway say that. But any let the discussion begin.

Originally posted by M5Power
Bimmer = BMW Cars
Beamer (or Beemer) = BMW Bikes

Simple as that.
What more do you need to know.
Just dont tell that to the owner. :D
Misnblu

But one of the points I believe streetracer is getting at is that most people (excluding the car world, I guess, or those who are in the 'know', etc.) pronounce the BMW cars as 'Beamers' and not 'Bimmers'. (Also, just to make clear that Bimmer is pronounced with the 'i' as in 'it' in proper english according to the spelling b i m m e r.)

Spelling's insignificant in my opinion for casual situations and I'll never spell a BMW car as 'Bimmer' if I'm IMing someone, etc.

Let BMW spell it how they will... I just won't pay any attention.

Am I wrong about anything here??

I don't agree with that, but I've heard it before.

It's Bayerische Motorische Wirktschaften, Bimmerkid, in German, which I ASSUME translates into Bavarian Motor Works.

You post whore. :D :D
Its a bummer if its not a beamer, but a bimmer if its not a bummer.
Swallow that one. lol
Im being silly ppl ;)
Misnblu

Originally posted by Dudebusta
beamer.

bimmer sounds stupid.

Yeah, thats what I'd say. I wondered what people where saying when I first saw them writing 'bimmer' on here. Beamer makes more sense to me.

how come i wasnt invited to this conversation.!!!!

anyway,

This is how it is...BMW=Bavarian Auto Works
Bimmer=car
Beamer=bikes

The logo stands for the airplane in the blue sky ;)

Bimmer sounds weird. I've never heard it called that til i came to GTP. Everyone I ask said Beamer is the correct way.

Originally posted by streetracer780
Bimmer sounds weird. I've never heard it called that til i came to GTP. Everyone I ask said Beamer is the correct way.

Only Yuppie Rice Geeks say "Beamer" I've been around BMWs all my life, and everyone I know say Bimmer when dealing with cars.

KDF

Well I may be a rice geek but I ain't no yuppie. And remember I live in Michigan were things are different cause we're just the messed up state

Latest Posts

Back