Borderlands 2

Awesome, I look forward to watching that tomorrow. For now, though, I need to sleep. Too many E3 late nights this week...

Just say the demo and it looks quite good, graphics are surprisingly good,

34zzi3d.jpg

She looks similar to Lilith. Not that that's a bad thing. ;)

I watched that trailer about an hour ago, then I watched it three more times. Still can't wait for this game! I hope some guys here are getting it on PC...?

Bonus character coming 2-3 months after launch
w6rssm.png

The Mechromancer class which is a bonus class for Borderlands 2 will be released as a free download for “Premier Club Members Only” 60 to 90 days after launch, according to a new post on Gearboxity. The game is officially completed and the code has been sent off to be verified. Currently the dev team are focusing on future DLC packs.

So how do you join the Premiere Club? Well its as simple as pre-ordering the game, as the game is set to arrive September 18th. Club members will receive a bunch of goodies including a Gearbox gun pack, golden key that can be used to unlock a special chest in the game and a Valut Hunter’s Relic. Credit: OnlySP

Guess what I did! (This is my way of saying Borderlands 2 is available for pre-order on Steam now and you get 10% off if you already own Borderlands, which is currently free to play until Sunday and £5 for the GOTY edition)

neema_t
Guess what I

I want to do the same but not sure if I should go pc or ps3. I don't have a pc ( at all right now) but did convince my wife when its time for one that I am building it.
I started tossing money into a prepaid credit card for when the time comes but I'm not sure when I'm going to pull the trigger.

Caz
I want to do the same but not sure if I should go pc or ps3. I don't have a pc ( at all right now) but did convince my wife when its time for one that I am building it.
I started tossing money into a prepaid credit card for when the time comes but I'm not sure when I'm going to pull the trigger.

Yeah, it's a tough call. If you don't play many games I'd probably get it on PS3 because games are more expensive but the hardware is cheaper, if you play a lot of games it might make more sense to get a PC because although the hardware is more expensive, the games are way, way cheaper if you wait a while and even on release they're roughly £10 less, Borderlands 2 is a good example of that. £25 on PC until tomorrow, if you already own Borderlands (which is £5 until tomorrow, too).

I game alot. And have since the first time I played circus on the atari when I was very little. I have been resisting a pc build for years :)

Well, now isn't a bad time to pull the trigger, a lot of people are saying the hardware you can get now is already better than what we'll see in the next generation of console so should the trend of games being ported from console to PC continue we should be in good stead for 80% of all games for a while to come. There's a ton of PC racing sims coming out (and a ton that are still relevant today) this year and next, Borderlands 2 is apparently not a straight port and will feature some PC bonuses, BF3 and Max Payne 3 are two recent games that are miles better on a PC. There's the whole modding thing which has hit new highs with Day Z and Just Cause 2 Multiplayer looks like it'll be the next big deal, super cheap Steam sales and indie bundles. It's your decision but if you've been tempted for years I have no idea how you've managed to stay logical about it! I woke up one September morning and realised I HAD to have a gaming PC, it was built by the end of November... And I was living off of leftovers until January. Worth it? Maybe...

Anyway, I'm going way off topic now. I guess there's not much else to say on Borderlands 2 until it launches, though. I'm excited to see the improvements, hopefully the world will feel more... Not alive, as that was pretty much the entire point (i.e. you were on a barren desert planet), but more real I guess. It's hard to explain but when I played Borderlands I was constantly aware that I was playing a game, whereas Minecraft used to suck me in to the point that I actually felt claustrophobic when I was in a tiny mine which extended to the floor of the map. Borderlands just constantly reminded me, somehow, that I was a heavily armed camera floating over a polygon mesh which had hand-drawn textures draped over it. That was my only complaint of the game and it only really became apparently after about 150 hours, though.

Temptation was held off by my Wife and my daughter.
I will always have consoles as well, but am ready to take the plunge for PC. Saving up now for parts, and one of my best mates is going to help with what components to choose.

Borderlands 2: I can't wait. Wether its the lowely ps3 version or the PC version its going to fantastic. I loved the first one.

September, October, and November are going to put some abuse to my wallet. October is going to be brutal. After a long drought of games (and nature) over the summer, some good games are finally coming out.

Borderlands (september)

RE6 (October)
Doom 3 (October)
Most Wanted 2012 (October)

Halo 4 (November)

Just wondering if anyone else is as excited for this game as I am. The first Borderlands was excellent and this is looking to be even better.

201198b1.jpg

I had never played Borderlands until I got it free on PSN last week and it is a good game, can't believe I missed out for this long :/

Getting very excited for this game. I plan to take at least a day or 2 off paid when this comes out. The Gunzerker on the other hand looks like a lot of fun in BL2. I will probably start with the Commando Axton. I am pretty sure he is the one that could throw out 2 turrets. Hopefully 1 of the turrets can help heal team mates.

Mordecai was my favorite in BL1 with the bird that attacked everyone plus the sniping bonuses. I heard Zero is similar to Mordecai so I will probably start with Zero

CAMAROBOY69
Getting very excited for this game. I plan to take at least a day or 2 off paid when this comes out. The Gunzerker on the other hand looks like a lot of fun in BL2. I will probably start with the Commando Axton. I am pretty sure he is the one that could throw out 2 turrets. Hopefully 1 of the turrets can help heal team mates.

Mordecai was my favorite in BL1 with the bird that attacked everyone plus the sniping bonuses. I heard Zero is similar to Mordecai so I will probably start with Zero

Mordecai was hilariously overpowered, not just because of his skills but also because of the Penetrator rifles that were basically heavy assault rifles and the Masher revolvers which were basically shotguns... Combine that with orange elemental rifles and pistols like the Detonating Cobra and Pestilence Defiler and you had a huge amount of versatility.

I think I'll start as Zero myself, I love playing stealth in basically anything I'm able to play stealth in so he sounds ideal.

Yes it is an amazing 4 player co-op game. I put hundreds of hours into the first Borderlands. Much more fun with 4 people as most games are.

Back