Borderlands 2

Clearing everything out on my first playthrough, zone-by-zone. Not really in it for the story necessarily. I just want to have a really good set up for the second playthrough for optimal DLC play :D

Just got the call from Gamestop saying your preorder will be in Tuesday the 18th... So excited,

I've got to wait until Thursday! And I have college all day Friday. I imagine I'll have a shed to dismantle over the weekend too... What a shame. Really cannot wait now.

I've got to wait until Thursday! And I have college all day Friday. I imagine I'll have a shed to dismantle over the weekend too... What a shame. Really cannot wait now.

I know that feeling, I got college Wednesday, and probably homework Tuesday, Even though 3 of 4 classes are online, still I will be playing a bit right away.

This goes without saying but if you must post something about the story/game that is even remotely spoiler-ish (which will be pretty much everything for a while after release) then please use [spoiler]SANTA ISN'T REAL[/spoiler] tags. Thanks :)

This goes without saying but if you must post something about the story/game that is even remotely spoiler-ish (which will be pretty much everything for a while after release) then please use [spoiler]SANTA ISN'T REAL[/spoiler] tags. Thanks :)

Okay Taylor Swift Wannabe :P Just kidding..

But anyways bout 11 hours er so in CT and wondering who is going to the midnight launch?

From what I can tell, it's out. My bro's been having me play Borderlands 1, and it is hard as all hell.

From what I can tell, it's out. My bro's been having me play Borderlands 1, and it is hard as all hell.

find weapons that are easy to use but powerful for your gameplay,
My PC setup is this
Jakobs Sullsmasher at 420x6
Terrible shotgun at 326x12
Tsunami(Perl) at 216 (I think)
Hellfire at 243
Quick health regain shield at 2196
Transfusion mod 208
Scavenger Class mod (+2 rare items)

Hmm thought more people might be in here by now since most Gamestops had a midnight release. I will be picking it up after work tonight.

I pulled a long session just now with my girl (PC), got to level 13 x) - now time for sleep. The PC version really kicks ass and the Physx stuff is a really cool addition. I love the way they've set up the looting this time and all of the different guns and styles are just so cool and interesting every time. A lot of awesome little things. I don't want to spoil anything, so I'll just say: the damn game went above and beyond my expectations, it's just so fresh, crisp, and proper.

Im installing now, got my seasons pass just need to activate all the lovely codes.
Will give it a shot

Man its out today? I get paid today, but after bills will only have 120 on the side.. thats half my money gone haha.

I do need a new game though..

I'm preloading on Steam, only 4.9GB... That's quite small, I had been expecting 10GB or so. Rock Paper Shotgun has quite a favourable review up, I've only skimmed through it so far, though, I'd like to play a bit before reading more.

Next couple months are going to get very busy for gaming.

September
1. Borderlands 2
2. Battlefield 3: Armored Kill DLC.

October
3. RE6
4. Doom 3
5. NFS Most Wanted
6. Forza Horizon

November
7. Halo 4

I'm preloading on Steam, only 4.9GB... That's quite small, I had been expecting 10GB or so. Rock Paper Shotgun has quite a favourable review up, I've only skimmed through it so far, though, I'd like to play a bit before reading more.

It's quite small because it's a cell shading game, it takes much less space.

It's quite small because it's a cell shading game, it takes much less space.
Cell shaded does help but keep in mind some games are just naturally small. Skyrim was only about 3.8 gb on the 360. THATS very shocking because the game is massive!!!! I have no idea how the heck they got that massive game to such a tiny install. I am surprised to see Borderlands has a larger install than Skyrim.

What's a cell shading game ?
Its a cartoonish art style which allows a LOT more to happen on the screen all at the same time without taking up many resources. Crackdown, Crackdown 2, Borderlands 1, Borderlands 2, and Auto Modellista are all examples of Cel Shaded games. Crackdown 2 allowed over 500+ enemies on the screen at once along with a 4 player co-op campaign through 3 full cities all at the same time. The only way too pull something off like that is with cell shading. Its also why Borderlands 1 and 2 can have over 20 million weapons. Literally.

What's a cell shading game ?

Its when animations/models/scenes are rendered to achieve a hand drawn effect.

Unsure whether i'm going to get this game yet, been playing a lot of bf3 lately and with university starting soon, not sure if i'll get time to play both.

Well the game is good, the only problems are the Seasons pass (either its not released yet or not open yet) and the guns you get from the premier pack, After 1 mission I changed out to something powerful.. 2 hours and Level 7.

Also I am on steam and if you would want to do co-op or just add a friend then send me a message (Sorry Off-topic)

Well the game is good, the only problems are the Seasons pass (either its not released yet or not open yet) and the guns you get from the premier pack, After 1 mission I changed out to something powerful.. 2 hours and Level 7.

Also I am on steam and if you would want to do co-op or just add a friend then send me a message (Sorry Off-topic)

I'm glad the premier pack guns aren't that great, I don't really want to use them myself, I don't like the current fad of preorder bonuses that give you an advantage. It's either an admission of poor game balance on the part of the developer or it's like paying for a cheat, but if the game is balanced properly then I'd like to start as the developers intended, if you know what I mean?

Any UK PC players here? I'd add you, TJ, but the time zone difference means we'd probably never play together, I've added a few people from your side of the pond on BF3 (from GTP) and rarely see any of them online, unfortunately.

I got this for free with my 670. Been playing a bit today and it's a little complicated so far. Certainly have yet to be really wowed by it, but I only just started.

Don't really get the character customization options though.

Don't make the same mistake I did Omnis. I tried playing Borderlands 1 at launch by myself and had the same thoughts pretty much, but I just couldn't get why people were into it, so I stopped. Then just at the beginning of this year I started playing it with my girlfriend on a whim and haven't been able to put it back down. Don't play by yourself, go online, use the new matchmaking system and then you can really say you've played the game. The only other thing you need to do to really get into it then is have your headset on for communication, and don't worry, mostly every one is awesome online right now.

Picked it up last night. I love it, can't wait to jump on with some buddies. The comedy in this game is right up my alley. I just finished a mission titled 'Out of Body Experience' and while I won't spoil anything for you guys, the 'prize' you receive (you choose) has to be one of the best ideas in a game to date! I might be over-analyzing it but when you guys finish it, let me know what you thought!

Also, I am down for anyone who needs a co-op addition, I will play any class!

Stop talking about the game, your making me want to blow money :( Half of my friends list has it already

Got the game today. Im only lvl 9 and i found a maliwan corrosive revolver 1766 damage!!!!!?
and 5x corrosive D*** bosses are a peice of cake till this gun becomes a bb gun at lvl 50

Back