Borderlands 2

I snuck in about an hour and a quarter before college this morning, got to drive for the first time. The improved physics are great, I love that you can't just park on a tough enemy to kill it, and the guns are far more useful than before (probably because ramming doesn't really work). Really looking forward to getting home now.

Anyone who might be interested in casual PC co-op (as in no level matching, no character matching, irregular times) please feel free to add me on Steam.

haha, you realize that shotgun exlodes like a grenade when you throw it right? That's why you throw it away.
The resulting explosions do a lot of damage too if you fire one shot then reload, the more ammo left in the magazine the bigger/more damaging the explosion - there is a downside though in that any ammo left in the magazine when you reload gets lost. Found this out the hard way, I was firing one shot then biffing my boss drop Tediore repeater pistol and was wondering why I was losing ~30 ammo each time :ouch:

Has anyone else found more e-tech weapons not the one from the mission(s)? I was looking while Orange is rare guess the e-tech are a dark magenta which is different then the purple one.

Been playing the game with a few friends for about 5 hours and for a first Steam Purchase its amazing, i've not played any PC games before apart from Tribes Ascend and football manager (managing games don't count though :D) and i'm impressed. Great game and and its even better when playing with a few mates.

EDIT: is there anyway to check crash data? The game crashed on me once.

I've just played about 5 hours as well, got Zer0 up to level 12 solo and Axton up to level 8 in co-op. I've found some pretty nice weapons, including: A sniper rifle with a massive sword bayonet, a sniper rifle with a pair of rotating barrels that does a 3-round burst when scoped, this which I think will be my go-to sidearm for a while and an assault rifle with a 6-round magazine which basically fires rockets, which was a bit odd. No actual rocket launchers yet, though. I've also found a few class mods for Zer0, including a health regen one.

The game has a couple of weird technical issues as far as I can see. One is that there's a strip of pixels at the bottom of the screen which are all random colours (you can see it in the screenshot I linked, actually) and sometimes I get what can only be described as a red glow at the bottom which is clearly not supposed to be there, I've got a screenshot of that on Steam too. If you press F in the inventory to get the image of an item plus stats as I linked above then press P to take a screenshot of that, I get a random corrupted image but my friend I co-oped with said it worked fine. Also the quest 'Bad Hair Day' seems to be bugged, has anyone else tried to hand it in to Sir Hammerlock? I gave up in the end.

For now, though, I think I should sleep... I really want to carry on but enough is enough!

I managed to hand in bad hair day but I think I went to the board instead of him for some odd reason, but I dont remember.

The NPC chatter and dialogue in this game is hilarious. Also awesome is the killer AI shotgun. DIEDIEDIEDIE

i freakin nerded on this game all day after making new character aka comando because gunzerker sucks... anyway im lvl 17 and i currently have
tornado smg
damage 330
fire rate 4.5
ammo 30
shoots missiles!
uses smg ammo

abusive shotgun
damage 95x18
fire rate 6.5
ammo 20
75% chance to corrode enemies
50 corrosive damage per sec

torched revolver
150 damage
fires as fast as you pull trigger
anmo 10
75% chance to burn enemies
50 burning damage per sec

I LOVE THIS GAME

oh and 600 shield

neema_t
I've just played about 5 hours as well, got Zer0 up to level 12 solo and Axton up to level 8 in co-op. I've found some pretty nice weapons, including: A sniper rifle with a massive sword bayonet, a sniper rifle with a pair of rotating barrels that does a 3-round burst when scoped, this which I think will be my go-to sidearm for a while and an assault rifle with a 6-round magazine which basically fires rockets, which was a bit odd. No actual rocket launchers yet, though. I've also found a few class mods for Zer0, including a health regen one.

The game has a couple of weird technical issues as far as I can see. One is that there's a strip of pixels at the bottom of the screen which are all random colours (you can see it in the screenshot I linked, actually) and sometimes I get what can only be described as a red glow at the bottom which is clearly not supposed to be there, I've got a screenshot of that on Steam too. If you press F in the inventory to get the image of an item plus stats as I linked above then press P to take a screenshot of that, I get a random corrupted image but my friend I co-oped with said it worked fine. Also the quest 'Bad Hair Day' seems to be bugged, has anyone else tried to hand it in to Sir Hammerlock? I gave up in the end.

For now, though, I think I should sleep... I really want to carry on but enough is enough!

noooooooooob JK hahaha i did the bad hair day quest and it worked fine and your tv must suck because my pixels are perfect

razorjesse
noooooooooob JK hahaha i did the bad hair day quest and it worked fine and your tv must suck because my pixels are perfect

Yeah but who did you hand it in to? In the end I just gave it to Claptrap to finish it because Hammerlock wasn't there and the bounty board didn't work either. Oh and TV?! Puh-leez, I'm surprised those dinosaurs we call consoles can even run this game! (note: the previous sentence contains plenty of irony)

If something is messing up for you just exit the game, restart, and continue your game; it might cause you to travel a bit but... I am not on the steam version... hint hint.... and I have had a couple of glitches that were resolved by doing this. Searching bodies for quest items that ended up below the map etc.

I haven't noticed any weird pixels; only a couple of menu errors on triple screen; I just finished the side missions in Sanctuary.

There is only one BL2 PC version, the Steam one...

No there is another version...which is the non steam pirated version.

Also has anyone hit a max on ammo/bank/slots yet?

I've seemingly maxed my backpack on my first playthrough at 27, not sure if that's it or if you can re-buy the backpack SDUs in playthrough 2 for more space. Logic would suggest you can, seeing as BL1 maxed at a legitimate 42 on the first playthrough (and 72 total with all four DLC packs).

I've seemingly maxed my backpack on my first playthrough at 27, not sure if that's it or if you can re-buy the backpack SDUs in playthrough 2 for more space. Logic would suggest you can, seeing as BL1 maxed at a legitimate 42 on the first playthrough (and 72 total with all four DLC packs).

If my calculations are correct then we will only get 42 slots total both playthroughs which is a lot smaller, Wonder what happens after the 2nd playthrough? All that Eridium stored and cannot buy anything...

Anyone know how to view crash reports? I was playing Borderlands 2 last night and it froze on me while playing and displayed an error

I think I accepted every side/optional quest in the game so far. Figured go nuts on first playthough and streamline 2nd, So far level 21 still doing optional/side missions before the actual story mission.

My wife and I waited almost 3 years for a Borderlands sequel since we platinumed the first together, had to wait 4 extra days after release for the copy to arrive in the mail, put the copy in, created our characters, and she got motion sickness within 10 minutes of playing and we had to stop.:lol: It's alright, she had the same issues with the first but they got better with time. We will be exploring Pandora more after dinner, hopefully for a little longer this time.

My wife and I waited almost 3 years for a Borderlands sequel since we platinumed the first together, had to wait 4 extra days after release for the copy to arrive in the mail, put the copy in, created our characters, and she got motion sickness within 10 minutes of playing and we had to stop.:lol: It's alright, she had the same issues with the first but they got better with time. We will be exploring Pandora more after dinner, hopefully for a little longer this time.

You know there is a FOV slider which you can change this time around.

I didn't know that. What exactly does it change?

It changes your Field of View, If your wife is getting motion sickness most likely the FOV is too high, default is at 90, which is what bl1 ran at, lowest is 50 and highest is 110, try changing it for her and you might be playing all night long lol.

I don't think consoles get that option, do they?

I'm level 22 with my Zero character now, the story is actually pretty good this time around. No seriously awesome guns yet, the best I've found so far have been quest rewards or boss drops, such as the shield that creates a powerful explosion around you when the shield is depleted and again when your health is depleted, which results in an automatic second wind about 99% of the time, it's great!

I love how the Badass ranks are totally exaggerated, I can't remember exactly what mine is but it's over 2,200 I think. That's with one level 22 and one level 8 character, so who knows what it'll be when I've finished all the challenges with Zer0, I reckon they've designed it so each character has a maximum of 9,001 ranks just because Gearbox like their memes and cultural references. I heard a Goliath say 'I am disappoint' earlier on.

Has anyone used their key thing yet? I wonder if we can get more somehow. I'm holding on to mine until I hit level 50.

Correct, the FOV slider is PC-specific. <insert things are always better on PC here>

Gunzerker + Gunzerking + incendiary SMG + slag SMG = :D

Yeah, not a console option but it's okay. She felt much better and we played for about an hour and a half just now. This game is so much fun. What makes it even better is she is actually good this time. She is Maya but using sniper rifles and head shotting dudes all over the place. Borderlands is the only game she will actually play for more than 15 minutes which is a good thing for me.:D

Ya, the game is really good; definitely buying the dlc which I am excited for. I am only a level 19 playing as zero, and which some of you are way past; but it's definitely addicting. My only complaints... walking places gets a little old.. had to fight the same bosses multiple times in different missions.

Too bad you can't mount a crystalisk or thresher and ride around on it.

neema_t
Has anyone used their key thing yet? I wonder if we can get more somehow. I'm holding on to mine until I hit level 50.

It opens up a gun case in the middle of sanctuary; I used mine and got us some really nice shields. My brother used his and that landed us some good weapons. Don't know what else it puts out though.

Last edited:
I haven't used it but you can get another one for Shift I believe
Linkie here
But a lot of people used it early, but from what a few people who have been playing said don't use it until your close to or at the end.

I haven't used it but you can get another one for Shift I believe
Linkie here
But a lot of people used it early, but from what a few people who have been playing said don't use it until your close to or at the end.

Nice, I saw that Shift thing but forgot to sign up for it, I think I'll do that now. I've heard that the loot improves with your level which is why I intend to hold on to it until I hit the level cap. I'm excited, even though I'm pretty sure it'll be disappointing because these things always are!

Nice, I saw that Shift thing but forgot to sign up for it, I think I'll do that now. I've heard that the loot improves with your level which is why I intend to hold on to it until I hit the level cap. I'm excited, even though I'm pretty sure it'll be disappointing because these things always are!

Just one problem, so far it looks like shift is overwhelmed again, so its not accessing anything.

Back