Borderlands 2

Got the game today. Im only lvl 9 and i found a maliwan corrosive revolver 1766 damage!!!!!?
and 5x corrosive D*** bosses are a peice of cake till this gun becomes a bb gun at lvl 50

I would like to see the item card, if you are on the PC.

Don't make the same mistake I did Omnis. I tried playing Borderlands 1 at launch by myself and had the same thoughts pretty much, but I just couldn't get why people were into it, so I stopped. Then just at the beginning of this year I started playing it with my girlfriend on a whim and haven't been able to put it back down. Don't play by yourself, go online, use the new matchmaking system and then you can really say you've played the game. The only other thing you need to do to really get into it then is have your headset on for communication, and don't worry, mostly every one is awesome online right now.
I try to tell people that over and over again. Borderlands was built 100% on co-op. If you play solo, its nowhere near as fun. Even more fun if all your friends start at the same level as you.

With that said I put about 4 hours into this last night. It hasnt really wowed me yet either and I loved Borderlands 1. It didnt help that by the time I joined my friends, they were all level 14-15. I was level 1. So they were tearing through enemies like nothing. Would have been nice to have some friends to start the game over with at the same time. Oh well. Having friends all the same level make the game much more fun especially for weapon swapping.

I do like the massive variety in weapon asthetics this time around. Thats much much better than B1. The scopes are better, the effects are better, graphics improved, and weapon variety is very impressive. Just waiting for the game to pick up and start getting crazy. But again I only have about 4 hours into it and friends were not the same level as me.

Last edited:
Amazon still hasn't shipped my copy and the expected delivery date is between next Tuesday the 25th and Saturday the 29th.:( Damn super saver shipping.

Do the preorder bonuses come as a code included in the game or are they true preorder bonuses with a code given to by the retailer? If the code is on a card included in the game case I will just cancel and buy it at a store today. I may do that either way unless people think the preorder incentives are awesome. I can't really remember what they are other than that key and the extra class.

Damn, I received an 'it shipped' email within 5 minutes of writing this. Oh well, just have to wait a few days.

Last edited:
Well now Im level 10 close to 11, and well I got my first orange but there is one thing I have notice a bit don't know if there is a reason or not but has anyone found a health regen shield? I also haven't seen any ammo regen weapons yet either. Does anyone have one or both?

Amazon still hasn't shipped my copy and the expected delivery date is between next Tuesday the 25th and Saturday the 29th.:( Damn super saver shipping.

Do the preorder bonuses come as a code included in the game or are they true preorder bonuses with a code given to by the retailer? If the code is on a card included in the game case I will just cancel and buy it at a store today. I may do that either way unless people think the preorder incentives are awesome. I can't really remember what they are other than that key and the extra class.

Damn, I received an 'it shipped' email within 5 minutes of writing this. Oh well, just have to wait a few days.
Thats why I pre-order from Gamestop. I can pick it up the same day the game releases. My friend also ordered from Amazon. By the time both of you get it everyone will be done. lol Especially since RE6 is coming out in 2 weeks.

As for the pre-order bonus, its given to the retailer and printed onto the receipt. No card in the game. The guns with the pre-order bonus were really dang good too. I held onto them until I was around level 7ish.

Well now Im level 10 close to 11, and well I got my first orange but there is one thing I have notice a bit don't know if there is a reason or not but has anyone found a health regen shield? I also haven't seen any ammo regen weapons yet either. Does anyone have one or both?

Yeah, no health regen shield or ammo regen fun here and I'm at 15. Depending on my partner's Maya healing tree and just dredging for ammo.

Yeah, no health regen shield or ammo regen fun here and I'm at 15. Depending on my partner's Maya healing tree and just dredging for ammo.

I was reading on gearbox's forum there are health regen shields just that their rare, and their saying that it will be about as common as an orange rarity weapon, for a either green or blue shield with health regen...👎

Good to know, if I find one I shall keep it tight. Speaking of which, I still really haven't found anything really rare. I've been hitting up the slot machines in Sanctuary but I gotta stop 'cause I'm spending way too much and getting little in return x)

It's just seeing those AWESOME guns during the loading screens really teases the crap out of me.

Good to know, if I find one I shall keep it tight. Speaking of which, I still really haven't found anything really rare. I've been hitting up the slot machines in Sanctuary but I gotta stop 'cause I'm spending way too much and getting little in return x)

It's just seeing those AWESOME guns during the loading screens really teases the crap out of me.

I got 1 orange smg, other than that I got mostly crap, playing zer0 and using snipers, got no good ones yet or I should say half way decent

I was reading on gearbox's forum there are health regen shields just that their rare, and their saying that it will be about as common as an orange rarity weapon, for a either green or blue shield with health regen...👎
Salvadore has health regen in his skill tree (yet to see Axton, Maya and Zer0's skill trees) and the health vials restore a flat 25% of max HP so I guess Gearbox feels that makes up for the (relative) lack of health regen shields - I for one don't mind too much because in BL1 I would prioritise health regen above everything else for shields, which wasn't always the smartest idea...

I have just been been looking at the skill trees on the borderlands website and Axton has an interesting skill. When his shield is full he regenerates health not very useful in combat but may be useful at some time. Its at the very top of the survival skill tree too.

Salvadore has health regen in his skill tree (yet to see Axton, Maya and Zer0's skill trees) and the health vials restore a flat 25% of max HP so I guess Gearbox feels that makes up for the (relative) lack of health regen shields - I for one don't mind too much because in BL1 I would prioritise health regen above everything else for shields, which wasn't always the smartest idea...

Zer0 also has one maxed is 4% per second

I have just been been looking at the skill trees on the borderlands website and Axton has an interesting skill. When his shield is full he regenerates health not very useful in combat but may be useful at some time. Its at the very top of the survival skill tree too.
I have about 6-7 hours into this game now. I am using Axton and last night I went from level 11 to level 19. In the skill tree you can indeed set your shields so that they regenerate health. In fact he has 2 ways to level up the shields. It has helped me a LOT in battle. My turret also shoots out an INSANE amount of rockets in battle now. Its just unreal the damage it does now with only 1 level in the rocket upgrade.

Found a full group of 4 friends and had a blast last night. 2 of my friends were around 18 when we started and the other 2 of us were level 11s. Most of the enemeies we encountered were between 18-21 so we had some tough but very fun battles. We battled one main enemy last night that was a regenerating level 21 and VERY hard for us to beat. A solid 2 hour battle between 3 people. (1 person left the battle, leaving only 3 of us) But by the end of the night after battling that enemy I was a level 19. lol I had a slag gun that I couldnt use until level 19. As soon as I unlocked that gun, I started destroying the enemies. So make sure you keep at least 1 slag gun in your inventory.

This game truly shines with 3-4 people especially if at least 1 of the other players is around the same level as you. The variety of enemies and weapons this time around is such an amazing improvement over an already really great game.

Last edited:
I can't wait for this game now I'm in the UK so its out tomorrow here. All this talk of the awesome guns is to much lol. I have 1 friend getting it tomorrow also and another who will be getting it soon.

One of my friends is in Europe and he is hoping he can find it today. I also hope he finds it today. :)

As I said above, make sure you play with people around your level. Or at least 1 other player around your level. If you just start out make sure you host so the enemies are at your skill level.

For those that dont know about borderlands 1 or 2, the host determines the difficulty level of the enemies.

It's currently 2235 GMT, the game is released here at 0000... I have to be up at 7. I think I can get away with a quick half hour before bed, right?

It's currently 2235 GMT, the game is released here at 0000... I have to be up at 7. I think I can get away with a quick half hour before bed, right?

:lol: 30 mins > 1hr > 2hr...

Anybody know what the file size is going to be?

:lol: 30 mins > 1hr > 2hr...

Anybody know what the file size is going to be?

Well exactly, I'm worried that's what will happen... Not worried enough to just go to bed instead, though!

Not sure what you mean about file size, do you mean for the PSN download version? The PC version is less than 5GB.

Well exactly, I'm worried that's what will happen... Not worried enough to just go to bed instead, though!

Not sure what you mean about file size, do you mean for the PSN download version? The PC version is less than 5GB.

yep PC version, My internet speeds getting capped at the moment, so i might just download in the morning

its about 30-45 minutes if you are running about 3 mbps, but just about to hit level 15 and I still haven't found a decent weapon yet. I keep changing out weapons left and right, still not slag one's

Yeah slag weapons are really useful actually, so much multiplier damage stacking. You know what I've found works really well (I'm playing Zer0 in two person co-op) is using a really good pistol or revolver with elemental damage, preferably corrosive or shock, and especially if it's a Jacobs.

Oh! One thing you might wanna try TJ if you need a weapon that works really well, especially with Zer0, go ahead and find Captain Flynt again (he respawns) and he'll sometimes drop something called a Double Thunder Ball Blaster (or something like that). It fires two bullets with a high shock chance, both of which will cause a huge shock explosion about two seconds after impact. This is very useful for dropping shields so you can run in to slice them up, the only issue is that you need to let the shock explosions happen so you don't run into them and drop your own shield.

Well half an hour really was half an hour, but I'm seriously impressed! Even though the hand-drawn textures aren't photorealistic it's still a gorgeous game and the shooting feels way more realistic than the last, or should I say it's more believable and less cartoony. The Badass system is nice too, I enjoyed trying to complete the challenges in Borderlands but the rewards weren't good enough for me to be too bothered, I can imagine that will change when it starts to take too long to progress with weapons I use a lot.

I'm playing as Zero as a solo/multiplayer with randoms character but I will start a new one, possibly Sal, with regular friends. Well, friend, it's too difficult to co-ordinate with more than one person to keep the characters on the same levels. I'm now really looking forward to getting home tomorrow to get to grips with the game properly.

Edit: I wonder how it plays at 5040x1050 on a single GTX 680? Mmm...

Edit: I wonder how it plays at 5040x1050 on a single GTX 680? Mmm...

You should be able to max it out and still be above 30-40 fps. I am at 5976x1080 (bezel correction) and I am getting 60+ with 2 7870's.

It looks great but I keep getting this weird haze in the distance every time I stop moving; don't know if it is broken depth of field or what. Kind of annoying but oh well. Some of the menus are also way off screen (main menu > network settings, etc); hopefully there is a fix for that.

Cool game so far; never finished the first but I think I definitely will finish this one.

Does anyone else find the game incredibly difficult at times? I've never been the greatest at FPS games, but some parts in the game (such as the Boom Bewm boss battle) get to the point where they just feel impossible.

Yeah I have my moments, just had a battle with boss that took me about 10 tries and lost tons of money respawing.

On the flipside, some games are too easy and offer no challenge. This game presents many challenges but does get close to pure frustration which for me takes away from the enjoyment at times. Few games achieve the perfect balance.

I have a blue 32x15 explosive three-ammo-per-shot, six-shell magazine shotty and it is completely hilarious. It's not so much a shotgun as it is a grenade launcher! Spread pattern and number of pellets mean it's useful at slightly longer ranges than a normal shotgun too :D

got a shotgun thats orange coded it has 15 rounds 65x16 and when you reload you throw away the gun and grab another of the same kind HAHA its totally useless and retarded!

haha, you realize that shotgun exlodes like a grenade when you throw it right? That's why you throw it away.

Back