Bowtie's Speed Shop : Ultimate Corvette Collection!

You can't beat a good Type-R! It looks so good sitting there. :)

If I promise to give it back with no scratches or dents, with a full tank of gas and a fresh set of rubber....
Can I have a shot too?

Oh, while I'm here. Congratulations both of you guys for your respective podiums in the FITT: Blind Tuning Challenge!
images
Nice win there Mr Bowtie! And a good solid second @nijalninja. I see you guys cleaned up the place well after your victory party. You should recommend your maid service to @Brewguy44 :D
Thorin Cain,
I'm looking at your Avatar, yeah, the Honda thingy, I bought one of those new in 1966, I called it the Shakespeare Car, Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing!?!? Seriously, the only fun thing about it was revving it out to the redline of 10,500 RPM, but then the crankshaft pulley would loosen and#%&!*&^@b which meant a lot of work. The other interesting thing was that sometimes reverse would disappear with a few other gears.

I got really good at pulling the engine and transmission as a unit, then splitting the tranny off and repositioning a small plastic part on the shifter mechanism that would move around. I think it was Honda's first car, because it totally rusted out after one year while living in a garage beside the ocean in Sydney,NSW.

Took a trip up to the mountains for skiing, turned on the heater/defroster, NO HEATER CORE!!! YIKES!!

I took off the bias ply tires and fitted it with Pirellis to improve the cornering, HOLY **** BATMAN, it would fling me right off the road driving normally. Had to GO BACK to the bias ply tires.

I sold the car quite happily and bought a Volvo 122S, nice car!

Cheers, Pete

@Jordie I haven't tried that one yet, maybe @shaunm80 at Exeter has one. Check his garage would be my suggestion. Or wait for me to try but I will be honest, will not be for a few days most likely.
Thank you for the suggestion. As you have already noted, I do have this car tuned at 600PP. If it happens to suit your style (@Jordie), you may find a couple more tunes in there which you may find interesting.

@Bowtie-muscle - I don't see you on the new seasonals yet... I expect you'll be beating my gold times anytime soon though :)

16640861578_69e71c926b_z.jpg

Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09

Paint: Jetsream Blue Metallic Tintcoat
Rims: Stock

PP: 573
HP: 639
WEIGHT: 1508kg
WEIGHT DIST: 49:51
TIRE(S): Sports Soft

GT Auto:
Oil Change - No
Rigidity Improvement - No

SUSPENSION: Full Custom
RIDE HEIGHT - 80 / 80
SPRINGS - 11.50 / 14.50
COMP - 3 / 8
EXT - 10 / 5
ARB - 3 / 4
CAMBER - 0.0 / 0.0
TOE - -0.15 / 0.04

BRAKES: Racing
BRAKES - 5 / 6

TRANS: Stock

LSD: Full Custom
INITIAL - 10
ACCEL - 12
DECEL - 20

CLUTCH TYPE: Triple-Plate
CARBON SHAFT: Installed

NOTE: Tuned for FITT Midfield Shootout!

16640861578_69e71c926b_z.jpg

Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09

Paint: Jetsream Blue Metallic Tintcoat

PP: 573
HP: 639
WEIGHT: 1508kg
WEIGHT DIST: 49:51
TIRE(S): Sports Soft

GT Auto:
Oil Change - No

RIDE HEIGHT - 80 / 80
SPRINGS - 11.50 / 14.50
COMP - 3 / 8
EXT - 10 / 5
ARB - 3 / 4
CAMBER - 0.0 / 0.0
TOE - -0.15 / 0.04

BRAKES - 5 / 6

TRANS: Stock

INITIAL - 10
ACCEL - 12
DECEL - 20

NOTE: Tuned for FITT Midfield Shootout!
A blue chevrolet.. I am surprised by this choice. Actually, I'm not but your choice looks good and very cool indeed in blue.

FITT Midfield Supercar Shootout Reviews:

by @moonshine

@@Bowtie-muscle
chevrolet Corvette ZR1
time normal 1.09.762
time reserve 1.11.850 DC:9

by @Lionheart2113

@@Bowtie-muscle
Car: Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
Lap Time (Forward) - 1:09.601
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 9.2
Well, you did the badge proud, Bowtie! A very fun car to drive. Quick, agile, and yes the back end can step out on you, but you can easily correct it. It might be called an overdog in this challenge, but don't let it take away from a very solid tune.

by @ONevermind

Bowtie-Muscle - Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
Fwd: 1.09.814
Rev: 1.12.573
DC 9
This was a sharp handling car, stiff, at times I felt like I could do with a little more eagerness to turn in on the slow corners. Where this car really did well was on midfield reverse coming over the crest and through the curves it was much more manageable at speed.

by @macdog54

Bowtie Muscle
Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
Forward...1.09.680
Reverse....1.12.109
DC. 9
Fast , with good grip throughout the whole track, the brakes did their job well, oversteer is barely there, and easily controlled if you have accelerated too early, for me all it needs is a little better turn in to get around turns one and three, otherwise good work.

by Bowtie-muscle

@@Bowtie-muscle :
Lap time forward - 1:09.986
Lap time reverse - 1:11.431
Combined - 2:21.417
Average - 1:10.706
DC - 9

Very happy with this tune as is, maybe just a little better on entry and it may have been as good as brian's. Do believe mine was a touch better on exit and easier over the crest. Managed 2 really good laps on reverse otherwise it would have been behind his in time. I can see how others would choose his over mine although I would choose my own. In the end I expect mine to be behind his in lap time and DC. But I would not change anything, definitely not the paint anyway.:sly:

by @fordracer

Bowtie-Muscle........Corvette ZR1 '09
forward........1:11.524
reverse........1:13.636
average.......1:12.605
DC.....9.5

My favorite car of the test. Nice drive, just loose enough. Carries good speed through the corner. Great drive off. Tolerant of curbs, aggressive habits, etc. Will get up set if PUSHED, hard. Nice Job.

by @CSLACR

Bowtie-Muscle - Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 '09

Forward: 1:09.237
Reverse: 1:10.945
Combined (avg): 1:10.091
Comments: A bit too much understeer, and it feels like it could use some ride height around the bumpy curve after the first tunnel. Nice and easy to drive. Very solid and stable.
Better in reverse, but still "skipping" over bumps and dips, costing time and consistency. Good overall, just not good enough to match the other "top dogs".
DC: 7.8
DC: 8.1

by @biffa3 :

@@Bowtie-muscle
Forward - 1:09:760
Fantastic drive. Does exactly what you want it to, and does it fast. Good under braking and turn in, good through the corner and can get the power down with confidence.

Reverse - 1:11:889
A little less well behaved this way round. The car seemed to get upset by the bumps. Nailing the drift on the crest is mega important, look out for the smile though when you do!

DC - 9.5

by @brian wolf

@@Bowtie-muscle
Car: Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
Lap Time (Forward) - 1:10.052 DC 9
Lap Time (Reverse) - 1:11.910 DC 8.5

A great tune for consistant lap times. But, too stable for me to get it really fast. I just
couldn`t get the back end to slide through entry or mid-corner. Which, of course is exactly how
you like `em. Top tune. Well done.

by @Thorin Cain :

14 - @@Bowtie-muscle
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1(C6) '09
639/1508/573 - Stock
Forward - 1:10.279
Reverse - 1:12.057
Average - 1:11.168
DC - 9

This was a bit more to my style of driving than Brian's I was giving it too much respect after using is and it took a bit of time to get it. Once I did it was great fun and fast too. Only thing I found to be an issue was some juddering under breaking in a few places, mostly into turn one forwards and turn 3 in reverse. Didn't really like the kerb too much either. Other than that I loved it. Nice work. Not bad for a yank tank :P

Last edited:
@Bowtie-muscle

Mr. B, I haven't forgot to review your recent tunes. I have them pending because of the tranny bug... :grumpy:

Also, the Genesis is making me curious, not an usual car arround.... 👍
Trans bug has me holding off on posting a few more. Hopefully it will get straighten out soon. In the mean time, the rest of tune still works but the trans does upset a few.:grumpy:

16641066300_8b8ef18de9_z.jpg

135i Coupe '07

Paint: Laguna Blue Metallic Tintcoat
Rims: Rays 57Ultimate inch +1

PP: 500
HP: 369
WEIGHT: 1248
WEIGHT DIST: 50:50
TIRE(S): Sports Hard

GT Auto:
Oil Change - No
Front Aero - Type B
Wing - no
Flat Floor - no
Other - no

RIDE HEIGHT - 95 / 95
SPRINGS - 7.00 / 9.00
COMP - 3 / 8
EXT - 8 / 4
ARB - 4 / 4
CAMBER - 0.0 / 0.0
TOE - -0.16 / 0.02
BRAKES - 5 / 4

TRANS: Full Custom (install all power upgrades first!)
FINAL TO
TOP SPEED TO - 124
1ST - 3.000
2ND - 2.150
3RD - 1.655
4TH - 1.335
5TH - 1.115
6TH - 0.960
7TH - n/a
FINAL - 3.600
(^^^Adjust for top speed here)

INITIAL - 7
ACCEL - 9
DECEL - 7

TORQUE CENTERING DIFF: n/a

POWER PARTS:
ENGINE TUNING - Stage 1
COMPUTER - Standard
EXHAUST - Racing
MANIFOLD - Standard
CATALYTIC CONVERTER - Sports
INTAKE TUNING - Standard
SUPERCHARGER/TURBO - Normal
POWER LIMITER - 100%

WEIGHT REDUCTION - Stage 3
CARBON HOOD - Body Color
WINDOW WEIGHT - Installed

BALLAST - n/a
DOWNFORCE - n/a

NOTE:

Last edited:
16802578296_b12c01b1fd_z.jpg

Concept 1 Series tii '07
Paint: GT Metallic 011
Rims: Standard

HP: 365
WEIGHT: 1221kg
WEIGHT DIST: 51:49

GT Auto:
Oil Change - No
Front Aero -
Wing -
Flat Floor -
Other -

RIDE HEIGHT - 95 / 95
SPRINGS - 6.75 / 8.50
COMP - 3 / 7
EXT - 8 / 4
ARB - 4 / 4
CAMBER - 0.0 / 0.0
TOE - -0.16 / 0.00
BRAKES - 6 / 5

FINAL TO
TOP SPEED TO - 124
1ST - 3.000
2ND - 2.150
3RD - 1.655
4TH - 1.335
5TH - 1.115
6TH - 0.960
7TH - n/a
FINAL - 3.600

INITIAL - 7
ACCEL - 10
DECEL - 7

POWER PARTS:
ENGINE TUNING - Stage 1
COMPUTER - Standard
EXHAUST - Racing
MANIFOLD - Standard
INTAKE TUNING - Standard
SUPERCHARGER/TURBO - Normal
POWER LIMITER - 98.9%

CARBON HOOD - Standard

BALLAST -
DOWNFORCE - n/a

NOTE:

Last edited:
16641066300_8b8ef18de9_z.jpg

135i Coupe '07
Paint: Laguna Blue Metallic Tintcoat
Rims: Rays 57Ultimate inch +1

WEIGHT: 1248

Intermediate Level NRC 500PP Eiger Seasonal Winner! 👍

Forced Changes:

• Stock Transmission

Very stable and great cornering. The rear gives that tiny bit of loose feeling to keep the car on the apex, allowing corner faster and fun!

Due to the tranny bug, the stock one makes the car a little lazy, so a more accurate test will be done after the bug fixed. 👍

Still a great tune, really fun to drive.

:)

Have new trans setup, not sure if it is better but will get me by until the bug is (if it ever is) fixed. Trying to find a solution to the tunes I already have but it may be too many to go through for now. Have 4 or 5 tunes getting final touches and hopefully will be posting over the weekend. :dopey:

Have new trans setup, not sure if it is better but will get me by until the bug is (if it ever is) fixed. Trying to find a solution to the tunes I already have but it may be too many to go through for now. Have 4 or 5 tunes getting final touches and hopefully will be posting over the weekend. :dopey:
Your a tuning machine :) I am wondering if PD will every repair the transmission bug too. So annoying that a lot of my transmissions are ruined :(

Used 400pp Miata for Beginner Seasonal, easy win.
Tuned a Z8 15th Anniv Ed. for Intermediate, tough car, but ran several races and then tried at Midfield. Might post setup soon.
Still have to break out the 2J for the last one.

Used 400pp Miata for Beginner Seasonal, easy win.
Tuned a Z8 15th Anniv Ed. for Intermediate, tough car, but ran several races and then tried at Midfield. Might post setup soon.
Still have to break out the 2J for the last one.
I tried the Daytonna :lol::lol::lol: then jumped to the 2J :grumpy: to get the win. There's still the Toyota 7 if you feel a bit reckless, it's pretty fast :crazy:, I don't know about your race but I had the Streamliner running in 3rd that was crazy fast for a car that can't turn :odd:.

Pfff, 2J's... I just updated and will work on the Challenger race car over the weekend. I may also work on a BTR for the intermediate race.
You mean you work on the cars :confused: ? :crazy:, and I thought .... just wait a minute here, shouldn't you be studying :eek:? It's ok, we all deserve a break too have fun once in a while :lol:.

So I have had a little side project going, doing when I can along with FITT tuning and testing, and The Car of The Month.

I have taken all my 450pp tunes(on SH), and 1 400pp tuned and tested them all at Grand Valley East reverse. Gave me an opportunity to recheck and update some and to tune others that have been laying around in my garage waiting to be tuned. Still have 2 or 3 newly acquired cars to get to.
Then I started with my 470pp-500pp(on SH) cars at Midfield shortly after it's release. Still have 6 or 7 to do. The trans glitch and FITT Challenge has slowed it a bit but I have now found a different way to do trans and am back in business.

Next up are my 515-525pp cars. Some of the 515pp tunes will get updated and upgraded, but I need to decide on a track or tracks. Most of my Classic Muscle cars are 525pp on SS and was going to do the others on SM. Should I do 2 tracks or just 1?? Was thinking of all on Deep Forest using SM for non-Muscle cars and SS for Muscle. Or separating them and doing non-Muscle at Autumn Ring and Muscle at either Willow or another track.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Will be posting all the times soon. All cars are given just 5 laps, no more, so some of the times can be quicker.

Next up are my 515-525pp cars. Some of the 515pp tunes will get updated and upgraded, but I need to decide on a track or tracks. Most of my Classic Muscle cars are 525pp on SS and was going to do the others on SM. Should I do 2 tracks or just 1?? Was thinking of all on Deep Forest using SM for non-Muscle cars and SS for Muscle. Or separating them and doing non-Muscle at Autumn Ring and Muscle at either Willow or another track.
💡 Laguna Seca, non-muscle on SM, muscle on SH. :sly:

Willow Springs for muscle car sounds good since it is used quite often to test cars like Corvettes, Laguna Seca could also be good but a bit more challenging, I'd stick to an American track for these. How about Classic muscle cars at Laguna and modern at Willow.

Both Deep Forest and Autumn Ring are great choices for the non muscle cars, both offer a wide variety of driving/car challenges, maybe do some SH on Deep Forest and some SM on Autumn Ring. I think Rottenboden is also a good track to kill or make a tuning. I've been having these kinds of dilemma for over a year, I'm thinking of using 5 final testing tracks, it's a bit more work but you get the chance to see how it reacts on different surfaces.

Hope this can help you, :cheers:.

💡 Laguna Seca, non-muscle on SM, muscle on SH. :sly:
Willow Springs for muscle car sounds good since it is used quite often to test cars like Corvettes, Laguna Seca could also be good but a bit more challenging, I'd stick to an American track for these. How about Classic muscle cars at Laguna and modern at Willow.

Both Deep Forest and Autumn Ring are great choices for the non muscle cars, both offer a wide variety of driving/car challenges, maybe do some SH on Deep Forest and some SM on Autumn Ring. I think Rottenboden is also a good track to kill or make a tuning. I've been having these kinds of dilemma for over a year, I'm thinking of using 5 final testing tracks, it's a bit more work but you get the chance to see how it reacts on different surfaces.

Hope this can help you, :cheers:.
Was saving Laguna for 500-550pp Racecars on RH:sly:
Ascari is my choice for 550pp Street cars (maybe up to 580pp), Spa for 600pp and over. Both on SS:P because I love running on those tires. Silverstone for 575-600pp Racecars and maybe Bathurst for anything over?
Most of if not all classic muscle cars paid a visit to Willow, so maybe I will separate them. Most of my 4wd's were tuned at Autumn Ring which is why I was thinking of Deep Forest as very few if any were tuned there.

Do appreciate the feedback and thoughts. :D

17099581426_60a3485d79_z.jpg

Fairlady Z Version S (Z33) '07

Paint: Bay Side Blue (M) - From Mine's R34
Rims: Enkei RP03 + 1 inch (Diamond Silver)

WEIGHT: 1213kg
WEIGHT DIST: 53:47

GT Auto:
Oil Change - No
Front Aero - Type A
Wing - Special Wing type A
Flat Floor - No
Other - Calipers Monaco Orange

RIDE HEIGHT - 85 / 85
SPRINGS - 9.5 / 14.50
COMP - 4 / 6
EXT - 6 / 4
ARB - 4 / 4
CAMBER - 0.0 / 0.0
TOE - -0.08 / 0.04
BRAKES - 5 / 4

FINAL TO
TOP SPEED TO - 174
1ST - 3.950
2ND - 2.600
3RD - 1.930
4TH - 1.520
5TH - 1.250
6TH - 1.060
7TH - n/a
FINAL - 3.500

INITIAL - 9
ACCEL - 11
DECEL - 14

POWER PARTS:
ENGINE TUNING - Standard
COMPUTER - Standard
EXHAUST - Sports
MANIFOLD - Standard
INTAKE TUNING - Standard
SUPERCHARGER/TURBO - Supercharger
POWER LIMITER - 97.3%

CARBON HOOD - Body Color

BALLAST - 0
DOWNFORCE - 0 / 5

NOTE:

Last edited:

17123968372_ebaab82b3d_z.jpg

Fairlady Z (Z34) '08

Paint: Premium Le Mans Blue (3P)

HP: 386
WEIGHT: 1224kg
WEIGHT DIST: 53:47
TIRE(S): Sports hard

GT Auto:
Oil Change - No
Front Aero - Type A
Wing - Special Type A
Flat Floor - No
Other - Calipers Monaco Orange Paint

RIDE HEIGHT - 90 / 90
SPRINGS - 9.50 /8.50
COMP - 3 / 6
EXT - 7 / 4
ARB - 4 / 4
CAMBER - 0.0 / 0.0
TOE - -0.10 / 0.05
BRAKES - 5 / 4

FINAL TO
TOP SPEED TO - 174
1ST - 3.600
2ND - 2.475
3RD - 1.840
4TH - 1.430
5TH - 1.165
6TH - 0.985
7TH - n/a
FINAL - 3.700

INITIAL - 10
ACCEL - 10
DECEL - 12

POWER PARTS:
ENGINE TUNING - Standard
COMPUTER - Sports
EXHAUST - Sports
MANIFOLD - Isometric
INTAKE TUNING - Standard
SUPERCHARGER/TURBO -
POWER LIMITER - 100%

CARBON HOOD - Body Color

BALLAST - 0
DOWNFORCE - 0 / 5

NOTE: I cannot drift a lick, but, when I threw CS on the rear I managed my first Drift TT Gold!
Little more loose then the 350z, but more fun in my opinion.
Enjoy!

Last edited:
@Bowtie-muscle

Mr.B, following TurnLeft suggestion for American tracks, perhaps Indy Road Course on SM for Classic muscles (wider corners and fast sections) and Indy RC on SS Modern muscle (those hairpins are a nice test)...

Silverstone for 575-600pp Racecars and maybe Bathurst for anything over?

My favourite racecars test track! You gotta keep all the racers under 2 minute laps... :lol:

I love Ascari, but I find it long and difficult to make comparison lap times, the time it takes to do 10 laps there with one setup you can do 2 different setups of 10 laps on Autumn Ring, [ALERT - it's you :odd: posting here before I've finished writing :lol:] both are a bit similar for driving. Just my point of view for tuning and testing not for driving and racing.

16918121167_2858172735_z.jpg

RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02

Paint: Gt Metallic 012 Anniversary Deep Blue
Rims: BBS RE-MG inch +1

HP: 338
WEIGHT: 1050kg

GT Auto:
Oil Change - No
Front Aero - Type A
Wing - Stock
Flat Floor - No
Other - Monza Red Caliper Paint

RIDE HEIGHT - 100 / 100
SPRINGS - 7.50 / 9.00
COMP - 3 / 6
EXT - 6 / 4
ARB - 3 / 3
CAMBER - 0.0 / 0.0
TOE - -0.08 / 0.05
BRAKES - 5 / 6

FINAL TO
TOP SPEED TO - 180mph
1ST - 3.030
2ND - 2.065
3RD - 1.550
4TH - 1.230
5TH - 1.010
6TH - 0.850
7TH - n/a
FINAL - 4.100