• Thread starter rronak95
  • 193 comments

Fan Boycott

• Yes

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 247 87.0%

• Total voters
But really, how can you say he or anyone else knows nothing about the game? Everything? Certainly not, plenty to make a judgement though

But does it really deserve such a derogatory title as GT Lite??

:sadkazfrown:

Well, so long as we got that out of the wa-

Or not.

U WOT M8?? ..... He has spat and shat on it already and he knows just about as much as the rest of you or I as to what will be delivered in the final build, I played the show build at the Copper Box and it pleased me enough to realize it is already a huge improvement over GT6.

I'll take that bump of Quality over Quantity this time around I think.

He has spat and shat on it already and he knows just about as much as the rest of you or I as to what will be delivered in the final build, I played the show build at the Copper Box and it pleased me enough to realize it is already a huge improvement over GT6.

I'll take that bump of Quality over Quantity this time around I think.

None of this explains your continued insistence to not accept that he's more interested in some other game releasing around the same time than he is GT Sport.

None of this explains your continued insistence to not accept that he's more interested in some other game releasing around the same time than he is GT Sport.

Like I said in a previous post, I was not questioning his preferences, I accept that, it was just the need to insult one incomplete game with the expressed anticipation of another???

Like I said in a previous post, I was not questioning his preferences, I accept that, it was just the need to insult one incomplete game with the expressed anticipation of another???
It is a 'lite' version of a normal GT game after all, so it's more of an observation than a meant insult don't you think?

Never go full retard. GT sport hasn't even come out yet. It's still incomplete.

This is why this community had gone to crap. Maybe it shouldn't be called gtplanet anymore.
Yes come release it will be a totally different game.... right?

Tell that to Yamauchi-san.

:sadkazfrown:
Don't worry he'll jump in his indoor pool full of dollar bills and feel better in a jiffy:

kazdancez5zxv.gif

Actually he's quite a good dancer.

Don't worry he'll jump in his indoor pool full of dollar bills and feel better in a jiffy:

kazdancez5zxv.gif

:boggled:

I think, for Kaz, this game and the motor-racing life as a whole mean a dam sight more than dollar bills. otherwise i'm pretty sure nobody would ever have seen him in public. :crazy:

:boggled:

I think, for Kaz, this game and the motor-racing life as a whole mean a dam sight more than dollar bills. otherwise i'm pretty sure nobody would ever have seen him in public. :crazy:
Again the problem is that the GT brand sells by itself, he only has to do a handful of promo events every couple of years and off he goes, money in the pocket and a ticket to do real world motor racing.

The Division is a really broken RPG shooter, SMG's are very overpowered, PvP is not scaled properly, etc. People complain about that game due to its current state, not about some feature that is absent.
And GTS looks like a broken racing game. 18 years and no damage model, no decent sounds, dubious physics (for a driving sim), no career mode, unstable netcode, fantasy cars mixed with real grids, rubberbanding AI, awful collision detection, incorrect steering animation, clutch pedal still broke...

And GTS looks like a broken racing game. 18 years and no damage model, no decent sounds, dubious physics (for a driving sim), no career mode, unstable netcode, fantasy cars mixed with real grids, rubberbanding AI, awful collision detection, incorrect steering animation, clutch pedal still broke...
The game is INCOMPLETE.

I think you need to find yourself a more satisfying pastime, son. 👍

Umm what? Looks like you've already played the game. Tell us more, sir

This is what i expect out of half the GT fan base, people who make a big fuss over minor issues in a WORK IN PROGRESS build that can be tweaked before release. Besides, you worded your post as if you played the build, you might want to fix your story as stated in the posts above. Also Kaz stated that damage is being put in GTSport just not used in the demo builds we've seen thus far, and it will have a career mode, just called campaign. The other things you've stated you might as well have to deal with out of GT from now on. Gran Turismo is not a perfect sim racer, not even Forza, or Assetto Corsa.

Last edited:
...people who make a big fuss over minor issues in a WORK IN PROGRESS build that can be tweaked before release.

While this is true, let's also remember that this is what Polyphony chose to show at their first big reveal of the game. They're not idiots, they're aware that whatever they show is going to form a large part of a lot of people's impressions of the game.

While what we see can change before release, realistically it's unlikely to change in a major way. We've been through this with Polyphony before. They're not magic, they can't just pull an incredible damage model and amazing sounds out of thin air in the next three months before they have to nail it all down for final bug testing and production.

I don't agree with the people that are saying it's broken, that's a massive exaggeration. But what we've seen so far is not particularly spectacular in many ways, at least as far as the racing goes. It looks quite pretty, provided they can get some of the issues sorted out (and there have been games in the past that have had to reduce quality from early demo versions), and it has what looks like a spectacular photo mode.

But there's a whole lot of stuff that are totally reasonable issues with what we've seen so far considering the competition and that we'll be three years into the PS4 lifecycle by the time the game is released. It would be nice if people would stop acting like the world is falling over these things, but it would also be nice if people didn't attempt to shut down discussion over legitimate concerns with stuff like "work in progress".

We've been there before. Placeholders. Patches. Promises. Polyphony is...inconsistent. And all you can really trust is what is right in front of you. With the best will in the world, we may end up getting nothing more than we've seen already.

Back