• Thread starter rronak95
  • 193 comments

Fan Boycott

• Yes

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 247 87.0%

• Total voters
And GTS looks like a broken racing game. 18 years and no damage model, no decent sounds, dubious physics (for a driving sim), no career mode, unstable netcode, fantasy cars mixed with real grids, rubberbanding AI, awful collision detection, incorrect steering animation, clutch pedal still broke...
There was damage model already in Gran Turismo 2.

Exactly. Whether it's a boycott or not depends entirely on your intention, not your actions.

The action is the same in either case, but if someone is not buying because they hope to effect change on future iterations of Gran Turismo it may be a boycott.
If they're not buying just because they don't think it's a very good game, then it's almost certainly not.

The food thing is the same. Someone *could* boycott certain foods (*cough*Nestle*cough*) because they want to effect some change. Or they could just not buy them because they taste like hairballs gently marinated in house paint.

Man it's 6:14 a.m just waking up what the hell man LMAO!

The first bold part it's like I want to say something, but I doubt it'd make sense. I'll give a shot, but it's tough to determine what could be a very good game without ever playing it. To be fair if you've played video games, or any hobby for a long period of time you can take educated guesses about how "x" game performs. Which still for me floats into the "if you don't see it doesn't exist".

You know what after typing it out it doesn't make sense...*sigh just gonna let that one go* Oh well.

The game is INCOMPLETE.

This is what i expect out of half the GT fan base, people who make a big fuss over minor issues in a WORK IN PROGRESS build that can be tweaked before release. Besides, you worded your post as if you played the build, you might want to fix your story as stated in the posts above. Also Kaz stated that damage is being put in GTSport just not used in the demo builds we've seen thus far, and it will have a career mode, just called campaign. The other things you've stated you might as well have to deal with out of GT from now on. Gran Turismo is not a perfect sim racer, not even Forza, or Assetto Corsa.

There is a damage model. Oh, but you don't play Gran Turismo so how would you know.

Haha, yes yes work in progress and incomplete. I'm sure they will turn it all around in a couple of months.

ohyea.gif~c200

Haha, yes yes work in progress and incomplete. I'm sure they will turn it all around in a couple of months.

ohyea.gif~c200

Damage has been in GT for many years already, it's not a brand new invention that needs to be done in the months between now and November.

What the? No just no.

I was also a very long GT fan also. I left GT when GT4 came out because it was getting boring so what did I do? I went for PC sims like Live For Speed and GTR2 and guess what? I loved it because they even offer more in depth real racing than GT. I didn't play GT again until I bought a PS3 back in 2011 and when I heard GT5 came out, I decided to try it out and I'm very impressed on what PD improved. From the graphics to car selection, it was a sign where it brought back my interest for GT. Combined with the online mode experience that GTP helped, it felt like they finally reached the level of sim that I wanted.

But boycotting GTS? Really? Unless they are ripping us, then its ok but from my perspective, they're trying their best to improve unlike EA, Ubisoft, and Activision (actually EA is trying to improve also) and remember that PD is not as big as those companies I mentioned.

So boycotting GTS? No.

Edit: Why did he even made this thread when he can post it instead in the Crying and Whining Thread?

Last edited:
Tell that to Yamauchi-san.

:sadkazfrown:
"Yamauchi-san" is a highly placed executive in an international corporation. "Yamauchi-san" competes in automobile races in his spare time. "Yamauchi-san" is the President and CEO of one of the biggest game developers in the entire industry. "Yamauchi-san" makes millions of dollars to do something he clearly likes to do anyway. "Yamauchi-san" seems to be a pretty level-headed, personable guy considering the position he is in.

So I have to say "Yamauchi-san" would almost certainly able to handle Stephen220378 saying something as benign as he's more interested in a different game because the latest Gran Turismo game doesn't seem like a full title so far. What your excuse is, I don't know.

Last edited:
And GTS looks like a broken racing game. 18 years and no damage model,
GTS has damage - they just turned it off for Copper Box.

no decent sounds,
Plainly ignoring the fact that most, if not all, sounds we've hard thus far have been vastly upgraded from GT6.

dubious physics (for a driving sim),
Not according to @Scaff, who has played the game, unlike you.

no career mode,
But an enhanced online mode, which is more important to many players.

unstable netcode,
You don't know that because you've never played the game.

fantasy cars mixed with real grids,
What's wrong with that when most of them are more than possible to make with current tech?

rubberbanding AI,
You don't know that either.

awful collision detection,
Or that.

incorrect steering animation,
The game is still in beta.

clutch pedal still broke...
And, once again, you don't know that.

But, most of all, you just don't seem to understand the concept of a beta version of a game. Betas like GTS are still undergoing changes. They are inherently not finished. So you can't really judge how good it's going to be before it's out.

But, given the fact that you're pretty much pulling reasons to hate the game out of your ass, it's plain to me that you don't want to give it a fair chance.

GTS has damage - they just turned it off for Copper Box.

Plainly ignoring the fact that most, if not all, sounds we've hard thus far have been vastly upgraded from GT6.

Not according to @Scaff, who has played the game, unlike you.

But an enhanced online mode, which is more important to many players.

You don't know that because you've never played the game.

What's wrong with that when most of them are more than possible to make with current tech?

You don't know that either.

Or that.

The game is still in beta.

And, once again, you don't know that.

But, most of all, you just don't seem to understand the concept of a beta version of a game. Betas like GTS are still undergoing changes. They are inherently not finished. So you can't really judge how good it's going to be before it's out.

But, given the fact that you're pretty much pulling reasons to hate the game out of your ass, it's plain to me that you don't want to give it a fair chance.

-We can only judge on what we have seen, we have seen nothing to suggest any improvement in damage and I have zero faith in PD to fulfill any promise.
-A few sounds we have heard so far are better then GT5/6, still far off other games and reality.
-I'm sure we will all judge the physics during the beta... oh. wait.
-The vast majority of players play campaign, in GT5/6 didn'y only something like 16% of players play online?
-We saw the dodgy netcode in action at copperbox.
-An FIA approved 'sim' with fantasy cars that can't work in this reality. yep, awesome.
-We know there is rubber banding in PVP races, we saw the japanese videos where one player made up 14s in one lap!
-Awful collison detection was seen again in the japanese videos.

Damage has been in GT for many years already, it's not a brand new invention that needs to be done in the months between now and November.

I would struggle to call oddly blemished bumpers that have no effect on vehicle handling 'damage'.

There was a demo back in the day of a subaru with bits falling off and then nothing...

We have yet to see damage in GT Sport.

It's been claimed it is present, just not shown so far in the few presentations.

Let's wait and see before calling an ultimate judgement on it.
Once we see it, then it's a free for all. :cheers:

All what i stated is well known and documented already; series trademark flaws and all. But feel free to dig up excuses, i see you must really like what PD produces so whatever.

All what i stated is well known and documented already; series trademark flaws and all. But feel free to dig up excuses, i see you must really like what PD produces so whatever.
I'm not sure you can make that claim.

Where has anyone used a clutch in GT Sport?

I'm not sure you can make that claim.

Where has anyone used a clutch in GT Sport?
Up until now that has always been broken, might be corrected finally but that remains to be seen. For me it's wishful thinking that any of these issues will be attended to if you look at PD's track record.

Up until now that has always been broken, might be corrected finally but that remains to be seen. For me it's wishful thinking that any of these issues will be attended to if you look at PD's track record.
Ah, okay.
Thought I had missed something.

I guess it's reasonable to revert to past practices as an insight as to what's to come.
Although I think it's only fair to wait until we get to see the final product before passing judgement.

You could well be right.
But I'll hold my thoughts for now.

I would struggle to call oddly blemished bumpers that have no effect on vehicle handling 'damage'.

What about damage to the suspension, to the brakes, to the gearbox and to the engine that does effect vehicle handling and performance?

GT5 and GT6. The suspension damage evolved quite a bit from GT5 to GT6 actually.
Yeah, you're going to have to post some videos because from what I remember It was mediocre at best. I don't remember cars crabbing or veering, missing gears nor any brake fade.

Yeah, you're going to have to post some videos because from what I remember It was mediocre at best. I don't remember cars crabbing or veering, missing gears nor any brake fade.
I can make a video if you're so insistent.

Hello everyone

I have been a long time Gran Turismo fan since its Playstation 2 days, and have continuously been let down after GT4. PD has ignored many diehard fans for far too long, and the consequences may bite PD in the ass this fall when GTS releases. With other options available on both Xbox One and PS4 racing sim fans have other choices. I want the GtPlanet community to join me in boycotting GTS until some fan requests are confirmed. It is time for us to call out PD for their lack of concern, and its time to request features that should be found in any modern day racing sim. Some of the many changes or additions in GTS we would like to see is a comprehensive single player campaign that includes relevant and fun challenges (we're tired of generic time trials), damage (both cosmetic and mechanical), IMPROVED SOUND, better A.I. THe list goes on and on, listen to your fan's concerns PD or we will move to another franchise.
It's a hell no for me.

The extent of the suspension damage in GT6 was that you'd have to hold your steering wheel at an angle to go straight. Other than that, the car would pretty much handle as normal. The only other thing that happened was that the tyres would wear a little quicker while you had suspension damage. With the engine damage, it would just reduce the engine's effective hp, making it slower to accelerate and giving it a lower top speed. Other than those very limited effects, I don't believe there was any other damage in GT6.

The extent of the suspension damage in GT6 was that you'd have to hold your steering wheel at an angle to go straight. Other than that, the car would pretty much handle as normal. The only other thing that happened was that the tyres would wear a little quicker while you had suspension damage. With the engine damage, it would just reduce the engine's effective hp, making it slower to accelerate and giving it a lower top speed. Other than those very limited effects, I don't believe there was any other damage in GT6.
I seem to remember that extensive engine damage would cause coughing and sputtering. Could be wrong though

Damage should include blown engines and drivetrains IMO. Requires nothing visual at all except maybe a little smoke for dramatic effect. Optional of course except in the FIA events and some TT's perhaps.

Damage should include blown engines and drivetrains IMO. Requires nothing visual at all except maybe a little smoke for dramatic effect. Optional of course except in the FIA events and some TT's perhaps.

Tyre blowouts and proper broken suspension also make for interesting races. I spun during a GT3 race in Pcars career, and an AI car wiped me out pretty bad when I was re-joining the track (my bad, oops), and I had to do three quarters of a lap with broken rear-right suspension. I don't think I've ever had to do so much wheel work to keep the car in a straight line before lol, and going over 90 - 100kph was seriously not a good idea!

Back