Brazil Game Show 2013, What do you think will be shown.

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 652 comments
United States
Chicago
fortbo
fortbo
According to the Playstation blog Gt6 will be at the show, so do you think they will show anything new?

When is it? All I know is they scheduled a maintenance next Monday so could be an overhaul of their site of a little update of the online features, right?

Announcing things like Stock Car Brazil or Trucks would not make any sense as Reiza probably has an exclusive license and we have all tracks already revealed... Announcing DLC tracks before release would be very dumb IMO

When do you think they will show the rest of the cars then?

Possibly just a press release of some kind. No way to know at this point if they will even reveal the list.

I hope they throw everyone a bone regarding their track editor; its 100 sq kilos, 50 then 20, then it may not be fully functioning at launch. I'd like to get a little more definitive answer on where PD is going with it. Realisticlly I'd be stoked with any new info.

When do you think they will show the rest of the cars then?

When they release the full car list a week or two before the game itself, have you not followed PD/GT before 5 and 6? PD aren't known for releasing a ton of info, but rather hyping on certain features to make the game sound more prestigious then it may actually be. How good it is is decided by the people who play obviously. However, features in general are talked about not every descriptive piece, they don't need to show us all the cars.

Don't expect anything.

I'll be in BGS. If PD bring something new, I will tell everything to the GTP community.

Please, please, please, if you do record a video, don't post it if it has you crashing into walls and running AI off the road. Do your best to run some clean laps even if they aren't your fastest. I believe we're all getting tired of the wall bashers:scared: All of South America is counting on you to represent them:tup:👍

Please, please, please, if you do record a video, don't post it if it has you crashing into walls and running AI off the road. Do your best to run some clean laps even if they aren't your fastest. I believe we're all getting tired of the wall bashers:scared: All of South America is counting on you to represent them:tup:👍

LOL

Oh dear...

:scared:

Since I'm not the greatest driver who ever raced in GT, I'll be playing safe on this by just recording laps made by other guys.

I guess you underestimate how hard it is to pull off clean laps when you can barely hear any sound, are not used yet to the new physics, and have a dozen of people looking over your shoulder :)

A couple of years ago I played a GT5 demo on the Sony stand at the Brussels Motor show, and I can tell you, it's a whole different story than when you're comfy at home.

I hope they throw everyone a bone regarding their track editor; its 100 sq kilos, 50 then 20, then it may not be fully functioning at launch. I'd like to get a little more definitive answer on where PD is going with it. Realisticlly I'd be stoked with any new info.

Correction: First it was 10 000 square kilometers, then 2 500, then 400.
100*100≠100.

It's no major game show so most likely we wont see anything new. My bet is that it'll be like the GT5 showing in Bogota's "Motorshow", just a couple of pods from a past major gameshow and that's it.

I guess you underestimate how hard it is to pull off clean laps when you can barely hear any sound, are not used yet to the new physics, and have a dozen of people looking over your shoulder :)

A couple of years ago I played a GT5 demo on the Sony stand at the Brussels Motor show, and I can tell you, it's a whole different story than when you're comfy at home.

Where did I underestimate anything? Did you read my post?

If GT6 will be shown in a Brazilian game show, it makes sense for PD to release a new Brazilian track for GT6 then. But until the show starts it's all just speculation, so let's just wait.

If PD did indeed release a Brazilian track for GT6, I would guess it would be Interlagos. And if they did release Brazilian cars, I would love to see a Karmann Ghia TC, Chevrolet Opala SS, Ford Maverick GT, Santa Matilde 4.1, Puma GT, among others.

Have you ever played racing game at bustling arcade center, like Sega World ? First time I played SEGA's Ferrari F355 Challenge, I drove like I should be in real life -clean, no crashes or fatal mistakes, using clutch and H shifter, at least I also didn't go off track or spin out. Don't have to win the race or post fastest lap to be a decent performer. After several plays, I did managed to win a race at Nurburgring GP and Monza. I eventually won all races :D One of the best racing game with clutch and H shifter, heel and toe was very natural and addicting.

I think someone could drive well just taking it more seriously, concentrate and try not to make mistakes, even if it means slower. That way it will be more enjoyable than jut scraping wall, spinning out or hitting stuff.

Back when I tried the GT6 demo I didn't have any of those issues and never spun out or anything. New track and new car, though I used headphones.

When trying new games I always learn the track and car limits on the first lap (the map on the left is quite nice), the rules of the game, then aim for fast laps. If there's time then I fool around with the car, try different lines and assists/settings. That's applicable to all genres really.

As for GT6 in particular, the new physics are more intuitive and just like in GT5 what's best is to watch the track (apex and watch the entry speed) instead of the racing line, because it is simply wrong.

edit: about performing in public, I don't know how that can be an issue for 'gamers' considering we are used to do that in plenty of occasions such as playing with friends, competitions or arcades (getting destroyed by strangers, losing the very first match to AI, etc).

Last edited:

Don't listen to him wowbagger. I appreciate any video and pics we can get posted. Upload whatever you can get. Have fun and drive fast, even if you hit the wall a few times. Don't let him try subdue your experience of the new cars, tracks, and physics so he can enjoy the video.

Back