Brazil Game Show 2013, What do you think will be shown.

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 652 comments
Please, please, please, if you do record a video, don't post it if it has you crashing into walls and running AI off the road. Do your best to run some clean laps even if they aren't your fastest. I believe we're all getting tired of the wall bashers:scared: All of South America is counting on you to represent them:tup:👍
It's much harder to focus your driving in a Game show that's constantly blasting music at you. He can probably pull off some good driving if he can focus enough 👍

If only I was in Brazil and not Venezuela :(

With the PS4 costing 1850USD here in Brazil, Sony can buy Interlagos for themselves.

Sorry for the ot. As a brazillian, just need to let it go.

God damn. PS3 for life. LOL

With the PS4 costing 1850USD here in Brazil, Sony can buy Interlagos for themselves.

Sorry for the ot. As a brazillian, just need to let it go.

God damn. PS3 for life. LOL

Fly to closest US city, buy PS4 there, bring it back as used :) Will that work out cheaper ?

Fly to closest US city, buy PS4 there, bring it back as used :) Will that work out cheaper ?

Definitely. People already made some calculations. Trip to NY+PS4 it's still R$ 400,00 (around 170usd) cheaper.

That's ridiculous.

Take Interlagos somewhere else and bomb this entire country. :grumpy:

Or import it yourself, buying it in amazon. How much is VAT there? import duty, customs fees and others?

What makes prices to be a tad higher than expected is localization, as regional marketing isn't cheap. Now, everything that exceeds twice the US price is outrageous, unless the import costs are as well (more than 33%).

Definitely. People already made some calculations. Trip to NY+PS4 it's still R$ 400,00 (around 170usd) cheaper.

That's ridiculous.

Take Interlagos somewhere else and bomb this entire country. :grumpy:

:( If you have friends or relatives who stayed in the US, that would be a lot easier, when they go back to Brazil, they can buy it for you and bring it back.

I had my PS3 imported from Amazon. Much cheaper than buying it here. Gaming is ridiculously expensive in South America.

I live in Venezuela.

I wasn't going to buy a PS4 soon, but the price here in Brazil is incredible high, I could not beilieve when I saw it for the first time.

PS4 = R$3900 = USD 1850
Xbox One = R$2199 = USD 1018

the Xbone in the US is 100 dollars more expensive, yet here it is more than 800 dollars cheaper :scared::ouch:

Edit: a little image I found on another website
preco-ps4.jpg

Last edited:
I wasn't going to buy a PS4 soon, but the price here in Brazil is incredible high, I could not beilieve when I saw it for the first time.

PS4 = R$3900 = USD 1850

the Xbone in the US is 100 dollars more expensive, yet here it is more than 800 dollars cheaper :scared::ouch:

Yeah, I'm glad GT6 will be on ps3. I guess I will be able to buy a ps4 in about 2 or 3 years. :nervous:

PS4 = R$3900 = USD 1850

If the XB1 is being produced in Brazil, that might explain the price difference.

More than the high PS4 price in Brazil, which is stuff that happens all over the world in various goods, what matters is the outrageous difference within the PS4 and the Xbone. Something fishy is going on there.

I knew gaming was very expensive in Brazil, but that is just insane... Almost 5 times the price the PS4 will be here in Canada... I don't know how the economy works over there but that's just ridiculous and shouldn't be happening.

I had my PS3 imported from Amazon. Much cheaper than buying it here. Gaming is ridiculously expensive in South America.

I live in Venezuela.

That's a good alternative. Everyone over there should be doing that. Expensive shipping, maybe even some import fees, but surely massive savings in the end anyway.

More than the high PS4 price in Brazil, which is stuff that happens all over the world in various goods, what matters is the outrageous difference within the PS4 and the Xbone. Something fishy is going on there.

Well, apparently there's several factors involved, one of them being high import taxes to encourage industries to place their production in Brazil (which Microsoft and Sony ended up doing with the PS3 and the Xbox 360).

http://thenextweb.com/la/2012/09/30/from-brazil-cost-brazil-profit-why-electronics-expensive-brazil/

One hypothesis as to why the XB1 is so much cheaper than the PS4 is that the XB1 is being produced in Brazil, while the PS4 is being imported.

"Brazil Game Show 2013, What do you think will be shown?"

Page long discussion on Xbox One/PS4 pricing.

It's a shame the automatic response to these kind of questions is "nothing". Would be nice to get some new information from time to time.

It's a shame the automatic response to these kind of questions is "nothing". Would be nice to get some new information from time to time.

I know right?

Well, apparently there's several factors involved, one of them being high import taxes to encourage industries to place their production in Brazil (which Microsoft and Sony ended up doing with the PS3 and the Xbox 360).

http://thenextweb.com/la/2012/09/30/from-brazil-cost-brazil-profit-why-electronics-expensive-brazil/

One hypothesis as to why the XB1 is so much cheaper than the PS4 is that the XB1 is being produced in Brazil, while the PS4 is being imported.

http://kotaku.com/i-live-in-brazil-and-i-pre-ordered-my-ps4-on-amazon-dur-1447186647

On the PS4 there's US$1,000 added for a different reason than import taxes. I think up to $200 is reasonable due importer's profit and all related costs (Sony BR marketing, internal shipping, storage), but the rest $800 isn't.

Those $200 is playing it on the safe side. Should be less.

Last edited:
Let's get back on topic please. Anyone know when the Brasil Game Show is?

25 to 29 of October 2013 - official page here: http://www.brasilgameshow.com.br/

Good site for latest news (in portuguese) http://jogos.uol.com.br/busca/?bMedia=noticias&busca=Brasil%20Game%20Show%202013

Looks like Nintendo won't be participating in the event and all tickets are sold out! Sony will have 16 racing pods with GT6 at the event. If they are going to release a Brazilian track and/or cars for GT6, it's the perfect place and time for it!!

In fact, XOne is imported as well. So, the thing isn't the taxes. Brazil is the ultimate paradise for big corporations: they can put its prices as high as they want because there is a culture here that the pricier the product is, the better. Is insane, but a lot of people think in that way and, believe me, a lot of idiots will buy a PS4 on day one.

The PS3 was launched a ludicrously 6 to 7 thousand Reais. (PS4 being announced today at 4 thousand).

It's the same thing in cars, really. A small hacth, made in Brazil, is purchased in Europe for half of the price that the same car is sell here.

Third world sucks.

That's all on PD and Kaz. After Silverstone and Goodwood I thought they were on marketing roll and the hype was going to build and build. TGS was a flop, I knew Bathurst would be a no-show when they released the track before the 1000. I am surprised that after 6 iterations of this game and 15 years, they haven't developed an effective marketing strategy. All it would take is mysterious glimpes of various new cars in action on new tracks, actual gameplay video even with PD staffers would keep the fans drooling and dissecting the videos endlessly. I mean how much work is it to throw a replay together with some music? An intern working for nothing could do it up in a day or less. They are really missing the boat here and so we resort to talking about the price of consoles in various countries.

That's all on PD and Kaz. After Silverstone and Goodwood I thought they were on marketing roll and the hype was going to build and build. TGS was a flop, I knew Bathurst would be a no-show when they released the track before the 1000. I am surprised that after 6 iterations of this game and 15 years, they haven't developed an effective marketing strategy. All it would take is mysterious glimpes of various new cars in action on new tracks, actual gameplay video even with PD staffers would keep the fans drooling and dissecting the videos endlessly. I mean how much work is it to throw a replay together with some music? An intern working for nothing could do it up in a day or less. They are really missing the boat here and so we resort to talking about the price of consoles in various countries.

The lack of any news is rather odd considering how close we are to release, I don't remember it being like this with Gt5. :nervous:

The lack of any news is rather odd considering how close we are to release, I don't remember it being like this with Gt5. :nervous:

Agreed. I'm generally not one to draw conclusions without evidence but I'm actually starting to think something might be awry at PD...perhaps a delayed race might be in the works...:nervous:

Back