Breaking out and getting to 2 million+ MPH

I broke through the other side for the first time by accident. I was using the Xsara at the Blue Coast endurance race and I screwed up the the gear setting. At the end of the long straight, just past the tunnel, I drove into the row of tires at full throttle to see when the car would change into six gear, and I broke through. I was amazed! But I blew it when I tried to turn around and I went through the side back on to the regular course. After I did that, it wouldn't let me go back. ****! Oh well, at least I know this isn't a scam anymore.:D

Originally posted by pug405
where xactly do u hit the wall???? and does it work on the uk version.

Click on the links at the top of this very page. They are videos of a car, on-track, breaking out. They are about 20s long, so it shouldn't take forever on a 56k modem - about a minute or so.

And to answer the second question - the replays are of me driving. Look at my location.

ok ive set the wheelie trick and know where to go and such its just that since the asm and tcs are turned off i cant steer and i loose speed on it and cant get into the wall does anyone have some like good fool-proof settings so i cant do this and sucessfully get through the wall

btw the car im usin is the 'scudo

xAkirax2004
i used the race corvette on whelling setting. It does the the wheelie but not till it tops out. So u can control it on way there and get through you can get going really fast. I never could do it with the escudo

I can't do it easily with Escudo. Anyway, it isn't harder to do weallie with Gt-one and is also fast. Easily he maintains front weels up, so its more effective on Test Course comparing with Escudo, I think.

on the test course, the escudo usually starts to lift off about 100 meters away from the bend, with the GT-One though, it starts to take off as soon as u hit the gas

Originally posted by 280steveX

on my game, if i hit 2Billion+mph, the game freezes, how do you stop this?

The game don't freezes if you hit the "invisible wall" by side. If you have luck, the car disappear and the speed will block but you can press start and save the replay.

ive had this pic i didnt do it but i had it from sumwhere its amazing!!:lol: :embarrassed:

Attachments

• wheelie speed.jpeg
    wheelie speed.jpeg
    7.9 KB · Views: 257
i''ve got a Tickford Falcon hybrid that gets to 10,000km/h in a wheelie before it hits the wall at Test Course and it breaks out and hits 2,147,483,647km/h and doesnt freeze. This has happened multiple times and the tacometer goes crazy and it spins round like the slots at Las Vagas and doesnt stop:lol:

Originally posted by Effo_Nienforr_S
I got 2,147,483,647 mph!

and then of course it locked up:) :cool:

I will post a better picture later. All I have right now just shows the dashboard and a gray sky. I am going to get a shot from behind somewhere recognizable, so you can tell this really does work.

wow, 23 minutes hahhahaha, i think that speeding in test course is sleepy, i think this one more :irked:

this is the most rank thing ever i got my zondz race car to go 3000+mph:eek: and it went throw the barer on the test course crazy stuff but it hase 67843 hp:eek: some how

First off, I'll talk about in-track topspeed.
I've gotten 1300+mph with the GT-One car in MaxSpeed test.
And I've gotten 1800+mph with GT1 again in 2player mode by running into the player midway through the turn so he comes out of the test course turn @ 260 or something.
Another way you can get some sick speed is drafting in 2 player mode. Just start off normally in test course, have one player stay infront of the other perfectly and when you come out of the corner, try to have player 2 stay behind player 1.
If you have 2nd place boost on high then the 2nd player will keep trying to go faster to catch up to player 1. And player2 is drafting player 1 so he goes even more faster. This is another way to break 1500+mph, gotta use the replay to see exactly how fast tho...

Now on to the 2.14 blah blah numbers everyone is so confused about. GT3 uses a certain type of variable to store its MPH/KPH value. It's called LONG and its maximum value is right around 2.14 billion. It's obvious GT3 is just overflowing its MPH and its odometer, thats why they both stop at that speed and thats why it doesn't matter if its in miles or kilo.

Just thought id be a dork for a minute and explain some shiz

Originally posted by inflz
were r all the break out points

No, that's fine. What'll happen is, we post the information, so it's freely available, then instead of DOING A SEARCH for it, you and your kin can just turn up and clog up the place with your inane, redundant enquiries. Because far be it from you to expend any effort to find out the information YOU WANT.

On the previous page of this thread - right at the very top of it too, so you don't even have to bother scrolling down and waste your mouse's lifespan - I posted two videos, yes VIDEOS, showing you clearly, exactly where to break out. This post is here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?postid=625686#post625686

So once again, the information you need is just one, tiny mouse click away from you.

Next time, before you have any question you'd like to ask, read the thread at the top of the forum called "Read This: Look Here Before You Ask!" (the clue is in the "before"), or do a Search, to ensure that the information you're requesting, or disseminating, hasn't already been posted elsewhere previously.

Originally posted by inflz
well i want to knoe all the break out points

Again with the two videos:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?postid=625686#post625686

These are the only two tracks you can break out of without use of hybrids (although I'm told a high-warp wheelie Escudo will just pass straight through the walls of Test Course) and they have several break-out points. The easiest are the ones in the videos.

With a specific hybrid, I've broken out of almost every circuit - although it's tough to break to the outside of Complex String, but the inside is easy.

BTW "3"? Quality answer... I wonder why the GTP's Most Helpful award didn't reach you... :rolleyes: Edit: Arrrgh! Oh no! White writing! Suddenly I'm all confused. Can't... read... aarrrrrgh! :rolleyes:

I tried it with the GT one I have (lower model) nada. Tried it with the C5R, froze totally. Tried it with the escudo and it went insane!
I could've saved the replay, if I wanted to get rid of another game.
Not.
Wow, once it takes off, theres no stopping it....wonder how to stop it...cool trick other than having to restart the game.
heh get this, I just read the first page and got how to do it..hmm
im new =)

I now got 6.8 million miles on my Esperante GT-1 'cause of that trick. Also, the car's engine amazingly makes still over 970 HP despite the age!

Originally posted by RaeFon
Yes!
I beat it again!
217 million km/h!
This record was set with the escudo

There's no record to beat here !
The PS2 crashes at exactly 2 147 483 647 because of a simple fact :
speed is a integer value coded on 32 bits, which means 2^32 values ranging from - 2^31 to + 2^31.
When the speed reaches 2^31 (which is the 2 billion something I mentioned) it exceeds the maximum possible value and causes the software crash.

Sorry if somebody already explained this, I didn't read further than page 3...

Sorry guys, I just saw that JoKo already explained the long integer stuff.

It seems that anyway lots of people can't properly read such a speed on the tach. :odd:

ive done this several times at test track with a hybrid diablo. i have video to prove it. i stopped the replay before i went too fast though...

when i hit full throttle, the car went until it had 9999999's off the entire screen and then the game froze. its kinda funny to do because you see this little spec that is the test track and then you zip by it instantly.

Back