BTCC-9: Please see Post #305...Finished 

• Thread starter Scaniabebe
  • 316 comments
I would like to think I have all of those things! Am I right in thinking that an initial meeting date has yet to be set?

Nice, I notice from your signature an Integra Cup, is that still going to happen? I love Integra racing!

That just finished two weeks ago, and when that season finished I retired from hosting the series and handed it over to Scaniabebe :)

That just finished two weeks ago, and when that season finished I retired from hosting the series and handed it over to Scaniabebe :)

Indeed he did, HI EVERYONE :D
I would first like to apologise about the lack of time I've been able to commit, but with work getting me to work longer hours in the Christmas Period - there's not a lot I can do about that! I know I'm working late tonight, and Monday for sure.

Nice, I notice from your signature an Integra Cup, is that still going to happen? I love Integra racing!

Unfortunately, the Integra Cup has ended. However, as a Support Race for the BTCC Package - we're looking into a MiTO Cup... Maybe that'd be to your taste? :D

Why? Are you just trying to match others lap times in your own Integra?

The Integra lap times are irrelevant compared to the proposed BTCC cars. Scaniabebe's proposed car list will be much faster.

Why? Are you just trying to match others lap times in your own Integra?

The Integra lap times are irrelevant compared to the proposed BTCC cars. Scaniabebe's proposed car list will be much faster.

I am aware of that,
& yes, I just want to improve as a driver and knowing the lap times, I can set myself targets to match or beat
I have chosen the integra for this purpose since it was used stock by everyone so tuning won't be a factor affecting my times as tuning can cause them to vary. It'll just be man and machine vs the track without the need of tinkering with anything.

Regarding how BTCC-9 currently stands, I have a few concerns that I want to discuss:

The use of wings and aero parts- there is a regulation settings for the type of aero wings, their adjustments and wheel size specified in the car section, but my worry is how would you know if a car is using them without physically checking? I'm not a aero expert but if it affects performance then it will likely give people not following the regulations.

The tyres- They have changed from the long running SS to RH. I understand that this will bring drivers closer together to give more people a change of winning, and maybe even cause less people to go off or cause accidents. However, yesterday I set a 36.9 on BH-indy and I found them too soft and the car being too easy to drive, even whilst being reckless, I still set very smooth lap times. It has become more about carrying speed through the corner than anything IMO. I preferred using a harder compound since it required alot more skill to do well and there were many factors to take into account whilst driving in order to do well and it also allows people to improve them as drivers by overcoming these challenges. That I see as gone really :( (RH are like using some sort of driving aid with alot more of power).

I wonder if anyone else feels the same...

Took the words out of my mouth really @sibbystiggy.

I remember you didn't run aero because there was no way of checking if they ran the right settings for it, right?

Did you ever run aero in this series?

Any idea what day of the week you'd race on?

This looks interesting and I might sign up.

Race Night Procedure
Race Meetings Take Place on Thursdays from 7PM GMT.
7:00PM GMT: Pre-Qualifying (10 Minute Session)
7:15PM GMT: Qualifying for Race 1 (15 Minute Session)
7:30PM GMT: Race 1 (Grid determined by 15 Minute Qualifying Session)
7:55PM GMT: Race 2 (Grid will be a Reverse Grid on Race 1 Results)
8:20PM GMT: Race 3 (Grid will be a Reverse Grid on Race 2 Results)
8:50PM GMT: Qualifying for MiTO Cup (10 Minute Session)
9:00PM GMT: Race 1 of MiTO Cup (Grid determined on MiTO Cup Qualifying Session)
9:20PM GMT: Race 2 of MiTO Cup (Grid will be a Reverse Grid on Race 1 Results

I remember you didn't run aero because there was no way of checking if they ran the right settings for it, right?

yes we did but in GT5 and it was rear wings only

however, in gt6 you can adjust the height, width and type of wing which will cause too much inconsistency and differences between the cars.

@sibbystiggy, I agree with what you're saying - let me answer your queries 👍

Wings and Aero: I do agree where you're coming from - but luckily, most people are trustable. But in Replays, it'd be fairly simple to check things such as Wheel Sizes. But it's something myself (and other potential stewards) can keep an eye on...

Tyres: I gave some of the cars a test with Sports: Soft and found it to be way too much of a handful. And I found the wear was also too extreme. I'm thinking about changing Tyre Damage to Fast if we run with Racing: Hards...

Yeah, they were used in GT5... But users had the option to remove their wings. Something I might still consider.

Wings and Aero: I do agree where you're coming from - but luckily, most people are trustable. But in Replays, it'd be fairly simple to check things such as Wheel Sizes. But it's something myself (and other potential stewards) can keep an eye on...

You really can't rely on trust I'm afraid. You can have great people in your series but anybody can cheat, so you have to adopt a suspicious attitude.

Everyday practice also says wheels and wings would never be checked each week.

Only thing I find weird is braking on racing tyres, seem to need to up the springs and stuff on the front.
But then the car not turn as well, well that's in the honda.
Only had a little tweak once sibby beat my time yesterday.

Friday morning I sorted the nissan just reset all and added power and right weight, standard box I think 185 mph.
I was all over the place in it, guess It could be I was tired.

Thing that worries me if anyone can tune a car using the front and rear areo.
In season events I found any areo slowed me down, so I guess front areo on the nissan would slow the car down.
But if tuned right could it make the car faster, if so this could out balance cars.

Any tuners out there find areo makes the cars faster?

Scan I would if you ask skeng and Ian to run some test.
Give them one car like the nissan and ask them to test with front areo and without it.
Letting them tune both cars and seeing what they can get out of them.

Would not test them at brands really, hmm hmm to trying to think of the next best track on the list.......
Maybe testing at Silverstone National Circuit would be better lol

Just at brands alot of time made is getting paddock hill right and the indy track just not got the staights.

You really can't rely on trust I'm afraid. You can have great people in your series but anybody can cheat, so you have to adopt a suspicious attitude.

Everyday practice also says wheels and wings would never be checked each week.
100% correct:tup: Eliminate temptation and avoid the "His car looks iffy" blah blah speculation cobblers. Recalls drama involving Toca and Drifterjoe some thought his car was dodgy those that knew him just realised he was fast. The jealous buggers blamed his car! Better to cut out any doubts.:indiff:

100% correct:tup: Eliminate temptation and avoid the "His car looks iffy" blah blah speculation cobblers. Recalls drama involving Toca and Drifterjoe some thought his car was dodgy those that knew him just realised he was fast. The jealous buggers blamed his car! Better to cut out any doubts.:indiff:

Well that make Skeng car iffy them lol.
I'm really unsure you let tune a car and them limit areo and rims.
I guess the best guy to ask on how hard this is to keep an eye is rolo.
Do you watch replys on pause and go into photo mode to veiw all cars on tracks?

I don't think wheels affect performance (I could be wrong) so opening them up could be smart.

Aero is such a complicated web these days after the customisation update that personally I don't think it's worth the trouble. Testing all of the possibilities with that will cause you to purchase a one-way ticket to Beachy Head.

I remeber testing and the lower rims was placed as the car setup, car was unstable as it was going back to standard rims the car little more safer to drive, I have to agree with this:

If something can't be policed, it can't be regulated. In a situation like this I think it would be a "ban all" or "allow all" situation.

Back