BTCC-9: Please see Post #305...Finished 

• Thread starter Scaniabebe
  • 316 comments
Well that make Skeng car iffy them lol.
I'm really unsure you let tune a car and them limit areo and rims.
I guess the best guy to ask on how hard this is to keep an eye is rolo.
Do you watch replys on pause and go into photo mode to veiw all cars on tracks?
Are you using predicted text or something sorry I'm struggling to understand a word of this.:guilty:

100% correct:tup: Eliminate temptation and avoid the "His car looks iffy" blah blah speculation cobblers. Recalls drama involving Toca and Drifterjoe some thought his car was dodgy those that knew him just realised he was fast. The jealous buggers blamed his car! Better to cut out any doubts.:indiff:
The Honda duo got accused of the same thing too IIRC

Well I understand there maybe a them in stead of then, yeah I make mistakes.
And my grammer not the best in the world, but do I care no.

Well that make Skeng car iffy then lol. (this means he fast so must be cheating)

I'm really unsure you let tune a car and then limit areo and rims.(this means what is said)

I guess the best guy to ask on how hard this is to keep an eye is rolo. (with the limits checks)

Do you watch replys on pause and go into photo mode to veiw all cars on tracks? (to check all right in areo checks and rims)

Sorry I've got the hump now and not mean to post, this my last one.
Hope you understand it all

Me just trying to help that's all, but now I'll just take part and not even post in this no more.
Thanks for your poking on my grammer guys.

All I can say is see my finger well poke it where the sun don't shine.
Merry christmas all and a happy new year

Last edited:
Please done take offence @CptMadBean, I don't think that JB realises that grammar isn't your strong point. We can't all be perfect. ;)

I also have issues with the tyre choice. I don't know why we need racing hard tyres. Sports soft are more than grippy enough, they have been fine at 305bhp, admittedly I haven't tried SS at 360-ish bhp, but I imagine that the cornering grip is now immense and that the requirement of driving skill has been removed.

What was actually wrong with 305bhp and SS anyway? As far as I could tell, the combo worked really well, front whell drive cars understeered, rearwheel drive cars had oversteer and the top speeds were more than decent.

It just looks as though the BTCC is becoming a clone of ToCA and that's a shame....we had our own way of doing things here and for 2-years it worked well.

^^ Just my 2-cents. :)

The BTCC did run optional rear wings. I like the rear wings, but I do understand why they were removed. In a multi-car grid, we need to be able to limit the amount of variable's in order to keep the cars on a level playing field and competitive with each other. Adding too many options gives more tuning potential and as a result the gain from great tuning will make some cars much quicker than others. Keeping things simple is more likely to ensure that the car balancing is easier and that the potential gained from tuning is not going to give certain cars a distinct advantage.

I know why @rolo912011 was frustrated with testing cars. He would balance them all as best as he possibly could and then someone like me would come along with a good tune and knock a second off per lap, or manage to make a FF car work on a track which is suited to FR's. :lol: It's a right pain to get the balancing correct.

Last edited:
RH is one of the reasons why I wanted to do this championship. It marks the championship apart from others.

I find the biggest difference with RH are the braking distances are shorter.

Why not just open up all aero and wheel options, then it means no-one has to waste loads of time checking.

It would cause an even greater amount of variables!

I don't think wheels affect performance (I could be wrong) so opening them up could be smart.

Aero is such a complicated web these days after the customisation update that personally I don't think it's worth the trouble. Testing all of the possibilities with that will cause you to purchase a one-way ticket to Beachy Head.

I found that the Megane in ToCA was a tad slower in corners with larger wheels on but a little faster on the straight (had been balanced out by loosing some power).

I'm going to look into taking wings off. Or at least, going back to the Stock Wings. However, other Aero is staying, and I'm gunna put my foot down there :P

It also may be an idea to talk to Mr @Furinkazen about wings, as I adopted the wings from ToCA :P

@Scaniabebe I will take #70.

I agree with @Ian_83 SS tires are more than grippy enough, as I use them a lot when tuning my cars.

Noted 👍
I found with these cars (especially the Mazda and the Renault) that they were extremely difficult to drive on Sports: Soft - and were smoking tyres at almost every corner!

I imagine the Nissan must be pretty amazing at this new spec .

It felt damn amazing! I actually really liked it, felt really smooth and stable. Yeah, you could get it to hang the tail out a little but nothing that I wouldn't be able to correct. It's very planted!

RH is one of the reasons why I wanted to do this championship. It marks the championship apart from others.

Meet @Furinkazen. Leader of the ToCA Series that runs Racing: Hard Tyres :P
You better pay me with making the Renault OP next Season, Furi

Well I understand there maybe a them in stead of then, yeah I make mistakes.
And my grammer not the best in the world, but do I care no.

Me just trying to help that's all, but now I'll just take part and not even post in this no more.
Thanks for your poking on my grammer guys.

All I can say is see my finger well poke it where the sun don't shine.
Merry christmas all and a happy new year

MadBean is MadBean and I like that.

Sorry, not for me.

Really enjoyed last season in the Integras. I saw the season as a fun championship, not serious racing, and that is exactly what I had, fun.

I know GT6 is far cry from a realistic simulation, but I like to try and make it more realistic and challenging to drive. Apparently 80% of GT players are not here for serious sim racing, and therefore the game does alot to cater for the fun racers. Racing tyres are the biggest driving aid GT has to offer. They turn the game into an arcade racer, not a simulation! Slipstream on weak, is the same as boost switched on. Good for the 80%, but no good for serious racers. I always run without ABS, and did all through GT5, it makes the game harder, and more fun.

So for these reasons, I won't be signing up for the upcoming season. Many good sim rooms out there running comfort tyres and 600pp with no aids, that's where you'll find me!

MadBean, do NOT change a thing and don't stop posting! I love reading your post. Like no abs, they can be hard to read, but that makes them more fun!

And Finally, as I haven't said it yet, Big congrats to Rolo. Your drive in at RBR was outstanding, only just watched the replay a few days ago. I didn't realise that you had run off into the distance in the final race. What a way to win!

Good luck with the series Scania

Dusty

I also have issues with the tyre choice. I don't know why we need racing hard tyres. Sports soft are more than grippy enough, they have been fine at 305bhp, admittedly I haven't tried SS at 360-ish bhp, but I imagine that the cornering grip is now immense and that the requirement of driving skill has been removed.

What was actually wrong with 305bhp and SS anyway? As far as I could tell, the combo worked really well, front whell drive cars understeered, rearwheel drive cars had oversteer and the top speeds were more than decent.

It just looks as though the BTCC is becoming a clone of ToCA and that's a shame....we had our own way of doing things here and for 2-years it worked well.

I will actually agree, BTCC had a very very nice niche inbetween all the other series before which is one reason I did it on occasion, and produced cars totally different in character to mine. I could never fully adapt myself (but that was a driving standards things) , but looking at these proposed HP numbers and tyres I am seeing it losing all its originality.

@Scaniabebe don't turn this into a blatant copycat and / or remove the "BTCC Online" unique elements the series had, or you just end up like a clone. Sounds like your series oldies don't want it either - the more different you are, the more people may see something they like in this, that they don't in mine, or vice versa - give people that choice.

And finally, got a long memory of the last series that dropped its attempts at being unique (that it would have been pretty good with had its hsot stuck to it) and tried to be a clone.. didn't work out well did it @LancerEvo7 ?

Hope my fears are not realised though...

I know why @rolo912011 was frustrated with testing cars. He would balance them all as best as he possibly could and then someone like me would come along with a good tune and knock a second off per lap, or manage to make a FF car work on a track which is suited to FR's. :lol: It's a right pain to get the balancing correct.

I know the feeling :lol:

Last edited:
Ok I'll keep on posting ;)

Dusty maybe I should take the time to get the hang of no abs, Ian and skeng seemed to of taken a liking to it.
I just wish you could some how feel the brakes on the pedal.
I only tested once and I thought hmm I could be more of a danger on track, so I put abs back on.

I think ABS should always be an option left on, last thing your want is me losing it on the brakes and knocking you of track.
Ok I know I can still do that with ABS on, but I think with it there it makes things safer.

Slipstream on weak, this I argee should goto real.

Also I feel we need to drop them RH tryes, maybe test on SH should be done?
Not sure about comfort, think dusty just trying to kill me.

Quick question if we did say go on SH tyres and we as plan goto to real weather, would wet or inter tyres not be better?
I guess this brings up another question, would we be allowed to change to wets in the race?

I find the biggest difference with RH are the braking distances are shorter.

There have been a fair few series running RH tyres. ;) Not that I want you taking part in them, because racing with a lower grade of tyre is more rewarding. 👍

I found with these cars (especially the Mazda and the Renault) that they were extremely difficult to drive on Sports: Soft - and were smoking tyres at almost every corner!

Errr...... Are you driving them properly then? No offence, but I know a thing or two about the Renault. OK, I was running less power, but I had SS tyres and the handling was pretty decent. Just ask @SkengD. ;)

As for the Nissan, it's going to be a beast of a car with RH tyres. It was planted with SS tyres.
MadBean is MadBean and I like that.

So do I, MadBean is slightly bonkers, but he's a true gent. 👍

Sorry, not for me.
Sorry to hear that Dusty, it was great racing with you though, you certainly know how to drive. Hopefully I'll catch you in another series sometime.

MadBean, do NOT change a thing and don't stop posting! I love reading your post. Like no abs, they can be hard to read, but that makes them more fun!

So true....

I will actually agree, BTCC had a very very nice niche..........
Exactly. 👍 I've never raced with you in ToCA (perhaps I should!?!) so I can't vouch for what your exact format is like, it probably works great, but my thought is that the BTCC should remain something a little bit different. Sure, the pitstops are going to remain which is great but otherwise what differences are there?
Ok I'll keep on posting ;)

Dusty maybe I should take the time to get the hang of no abs, Ian and skeng seemed to of taken a liking to it.
I just wish you could some how feel the brakes on the pedal.
I only tested once and I thought hmm I could be more of a danger on track, so I put abs back on.

I think ABS should always be an option left on, last thing your want is me losing it on the brakes and knocking you of track.
Ok I know I can still do that with ABS on, but I think with it there it makes things safer.
ABS is a difficult aid to live without. In solo practice it's very easy to drive without ABS, but as soon as the racing begins and there are other cars around, the pressure starts to increase and it's then very easy to make a mistake.

Why have I turned off my ABS then???.... Well I saw that Dusty was managing it without ABS and thought that I should give it a try for myself. :lol: The truth is that I'm not faster without ABS, I just feel happier knowing that I'm in total control of the car, I enjoy the added challenge and the extra pressure on me as a driver.

If you are going to turn off your ABS, get yourself a headset or some good headphones so that you can listen very carefully to your car, you can't really feel when things are going wrong, so use your ears instead. When I was racing with you in the Integra, you could hear me on the brakes going into a corner, I was on the point of locking up and the tyre noise it creates was different to that of everyone else....you need to tune into that.

What's all this talk about wing size and wheel size affecting performance? I think it was @DolHaus who tested the wheel size and he only found a negligible difference between them, barely even worth calling it a difference. As for aero, I've never seen anyone claim that a bigger/smaller wing increases/decreases downforce :confused:

The major problem I found in testing is the flat floors on the BMW and Civic, although no one else has mentioned this, so either no one is trying them out or no one else sees it as a problem that braking distance is cut by almost 50% and they're 15-20mph slower in 5/6th gear. There's always a difference between cars, which makes it interesting, but the difference with flat floors installed is crazy. I thought this was BTCC not BSCC :lol:

Also re removing rear wings but not other aero, I remember in GT5 I had a couple of cars that I installed front aero on with no wing and they were undriveable! The rear would step out on every corner over 40mph because of the imbalanced aero. Is it still like this in GT6?

I agree about SS tyres, I don't think they're hard to drive at this PP at all and they're just plain more fun. It's not a deal-breaker for me though tbh

What's all this talk about wing size and wheel size affecting performance? I think it was @DolHaus who tested the wheel size and he only found a negligible difference between them, barely even worth calling it a difference. As for aero, I've never seen anyone claim that a bigger/smaller wing increases/decreases downforce :confused:

The major problem I found in testing is the flat floors on the BMW and Civic, although no one else has mentioned this, so either no one is trying them out or no one else sees it as a problem that braking distance is cut by almost 50% and they're 15-20mph slower in 5/6th gear. There's always a difference between cars, which makes it interesting, but the difference with flat floors installed is crazy. I thought this was BTCC not BSCC :lol:

Also re removing rear wings but not other aero, I remember in GT5 I had a couple of cars that I installed front aero on with no wing and they were undriveable! The rear would step out on every corner over 40mph because of the imbalanced aero. Is it still like this in GT6?

I agree about SS tyres, I don't think they're hard to drive at this PP at all and they're just plain more fun. It's not a deal-breaker for me though tbh
Rim Size = Negligible difference between sizes, it has no noticable difference to time or data readings

Wing style = No difference, 5-20 downforce consistently (except on cars that can be turned into pseudo-GT3 cars eg. Ferrari 458)

Front Aero = Estimated to be < 5 downforce, has a (slight) positive effect on front end grip and a negative effect on top speed (DF can be higher on pseudo-GT3 cars as with wing style but will say in the DF options)

Flat Floor = Large aero effect, enhanced grip (F+R) but reduced top speed. PP unbalanced, a car with a flat floor at a specific PP will not be as fast as one with more power/less weight to meet the same PP on most courses.

👍

Thanks for the confirmation 👍

So I'd say the only two options are front and rear aero or no aero at all. Removing the spoilers will affect rwd badly but might even benefit some fwd and just further confuse things. Personally I'd vote for aero without the flat floors, turning the downforce down to 5 gives you a similar feel to no aero installed if you don't need the extra rear grip.

Thanks for the confirmation 👍

So I'd say the only two options are front and rear aero or no aero at all. Removing the spoilers will affect rwd badly but might even benefit some fwd and just further confuse things. Personally I'd vote for aero without the flat floors, turning the downforce down to 5 gives you a similar feel to no aero installed if you don't need the extra rear grip.

That all sounds like sense to me, front and rear on with free settings, free wheel choice would get my vote. 👍

Right, I'll confirm this for everyone now I've took some time to decide what to do.

All cars must run the Rear Wing Types that are specified. However, the Height and Width are guidelines and although it'd be preferred for you to stick to that size, you don't have to.

Regarding the Flat Floors of the Honda and BMW, I should hopefully have some time this weekend to do some testing, so will test how Non-Flat Floor Cars are against the Flat Floor Addon. Chances are that the Flat Floors will be abolished.

I apologize about my lack of presence recently, I've been overwhelmed with work this last week - but we're much more relaxed now than we were earlier this week! Once we have a closer idea to the Specs that are suitable, I plan to start Community Test Events so we can see if there are any more adjustments needed!

I'd also like to add a note saying that I may not always be the most active person in the world (especially over the next 10 days) as I'm preparing a major update and overhaul to my TruckSim Forum, EuroTrucking. Which by the way, you're all free to go and have a look around! Great plug there Jason! :D

Last edited:
Put me as a reserve, not sure yet.

PSN: You have me added since I've signed up for STCC.

I have multiple points I would like to raise...

1) Your PS3 is broken.
2) Your Internet is appauling... Even worse than mine and @rolo912011's put together...
3) After racing with you back in the Super Touring Car Championship - your driving was far from good. And saying that these cars are more powerful - I think not...

Latest Posts

Back