Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,270 views
Does anyone know how to get even a semi-even match? I tried about 10 rooms and in every one I was the only one below level 40. I understand it will take time for me to get better, but it's starting to get frustrating when I can't even get one hit before I die.
 
Levels have nothing to do with skill though. I've had a KD of 5 with the default Famas class the game gives you. Unlike some other games, the ranking here really just determines how much time you've put in. Sure, some will get there faster than others, but it isn't really a good indicator of skill.

Likely you are still learning the maps and the guns. What setup are you running right now?
 
Just the default ones. Didn't know there were any.


On a higher note, I did manage to get 3 kills in one of the matches.
 
Solid, I think he explained it pretty clearly. And it is obvious when you join private matches that they are just that, because often it will ask you to choose a team. Usually "Stop shooting" would let must people know they should, you know, stop shooting.

And I'm the one that called you on the excuse making, because that is how I see it. And you doing it again above, "you guys weren't clear enough on what your private match was for." I'm just telling you what I see with most of your posts - complaining about this or that in the game. And the games I've hopped in with you, you seem angry and impatient, which doesn't help ones playing.

Like I said, you likely need to adjust your play style. Take more time lining up your shots, work on cover and positioning yourself better, etc. Or you can keep blaming it on the same game we all play, as if it plays differently for you.

other_beatingA_DeadHorse.gif
 
Oh I just checked, you are still too low a level to create classes. Just one more then you can fiddle around with setups a bit. M4A1 is solid if you aren't a fan of burst fire weapons, and the SCAR you'll unlock at level 8, and it is one of the best all around guns in the game.

The biggest impact on play though is learning the maps and where people go and where they sit. And that is something you just learn through hard experience - I am still finding interesting places that people manage to get to sometimes. Watch killcams, you can learn from those quite often.


Oh I have just about enough of your 🤬 in this thread. You complain, and then want answers, and then we tell you what we think, and then you post a God Damn wall of text telling someone how THEIR private match was not what they claim it was, and then 🤬 some more about the game.

If anyone has been beating a dead horse, it is you.

EDIT: I see you are not showing up on my PSN list. This just works to reinforce my thoughts that you can not handle criticism. Congrats. I was gonna join you in a game and pay attention to how you play but I guess not.
 
Last edited:
Solid wants a 1v1? I'm up for it. I say we have two matches; I'll host one, you host the other to see if there is any lag when you host/I host etc. And I really want to see if you are as good as you say you are, as I haven't played many times with you.
 
Everybody take a step back. Take a deeeeeep breath. :)

And Tsukuba, if you want one-on-one, I'll give you a one-on-one. They call me the Japanese Larry Bird.
 
Has anybody tried Bling Pro akimbo+tac knife pistols? I've always wondered how that setup would work. :lol:
 
Has anybody tried Bling Pro akimbo+tac knife pistols? I've always wondered how that setup would work. :lol:

You can't. The game is smart enough to know if something isn't right like that, just why you can't put sights on akimbo SMGs and Machine Pistols.
 
Does anyone know how to get even a semi-even match? I tried about 10 rooms and in every one I was the only one below level 40. I understand it will take time for me to get better, but it's starting to get frustrating when I can't even get one hit before I die.

Getting an even match is completely up to the matchmaking system. The matchmaking seems to do a pretty good half of the time and the other half of the time not so much.

I just finished a game of Domination that finished with my team losing 200-199. :banghead:

They call me the Japanese Larry Bird.

Those are some mighty big shoes to fill.

Myself
This is a bit of advice I need to work on. The only problem I have when I slow down is I tend to not run into anyone and not get many kills. Maybe this would be different if I played game modes other than Demolition or Domination more often.

Well I started out tonight with a game of Domination, which I was put into mid-game, and I finished at 4-0-4 I believe. I was happy to get a 1:1 K/D. Right now, until I get any kind of game going again, I am completely happy hitting a 1:1 K/D or slightly better every game. Then I decided to try some Hardcore Team Deathmatch. The first game I played I started out okay and ended up finishing badly. So I figured I would give the game type another shot and did even worse with something like a 4-0-10 or 3-0-10. Either way, it was bad and I decided to leave that game.

I took a few minutes to look over my statistics, my custom classes, and mainly give myself a second to cool off and relax. I was pretty frustrated and at one point muttered to myself, "I hate this stupid game and cannot seem to do anything right in it".

Next, I decided to give the Hardcore Team Deathmatch a break and went back to Domination. This match drew Karachi for the map. I decided this game I would move from spot to spot fairly slowly and deliberately slow myself down. I started out decently with a few kills and then took a turn towards the bad with a guy nailing me a couple times with the Intervention. He did a nice job of seeing me and taking me out with the weapon, as I watched both deaths on the Kill Cam; the second death could have maybe been avoided had I been paying more attention to a building above. After dieing twice, I took a deep breath and slowed myself down a bit more and ended up netting myself a 12-0-4 I believe, having the highest K/D of the game, and my team winning. That felt nice.

My last game for the night was another Domination game. This time I drew Quarry for the map. Started out with a quick death and ended up finishing with a 7-0-4. Unfortunately, this match was my previously mentioned 200-199 score game and my team just barely lost. For whatever reason, my team kept trying to grab Point B instead of retaking Point C. I worked my way to Point C several times, but did not have the support to take the position. I spent the majority of this game taking the less traveled routes on the map, trying to flank the enemy, and move slowly/deliberately to avoid giving my position away too suddenly.
 
Last edited:
You can't. The game is smart enough to know if something isn't right like that, just why you can't put sights on akimbo SMGs and Machine Pistols.
Damn, I was hoping it would let you. :lol:
 
I took a few minutes to look over my statistics, my custom classes, and mainly give myself a second to cool off and relax. I was pretty frustrated and at one point muttered to myself, "I hate this stupid game and cannot seem to do anything right in it".

What setups do you use for Hardcore? I find I tweak several of my classes just for HC games due to the rather different speed of play and increased amount of stealthy players.

As for Domination games... I've stopped playing those as much due to my team driving me insane with simply not holding objectives. I've watched the radar more than a few times where 3 people on my team are near a flag being taken from us, but instead run away from it. Thus I've moved back over to TDM, and sometimes Search and Destroy.

My progress with the F2000 is coming along. The weapon is very different from the other Assault Rifles. It actually has recoil, which I feel most of the other rifles should have. The plus side is my accuracy with the more popular rifles has increased more, plus the F2000 forces burst firing more than an other weapon I've worked with in the game.
 
Well I started out tonight with a game of Domination, which I was put into mid-game, and I finished at 4-0-4 I believe. I was happy to get a 1:1 K/D. Right now, until I get any kind of game going again, I am completely happy hitting a 1:1 K/D or slightly better every game. Then I decided to try some Hardcore Team Deathmatch. The first game I played I started out okay and ended up finishing badly. So I figured I would give the game type another shot and did even worse with something like a 4-0-10 or 3-0-10. Either way, it was bad and I decided to leave that game.

I took a few minutes to look over my statistics, my custom classes, and mainly give myself a second to cool off and relax. I was pretty frustrated and at one point muttered to myself, "I hate this stupid game and cannot seem to do anything right in it".

Next, I decided to give the Hardcore Team Deathmatch a break and went back to Domination. This match drew Karachi for the map. I decided this game I would move from spot to spot fairly slowly and deliberately slow myself down. I started out decently with a few kills and then took a turn towards the bad with a guy nailing me a couple times with the Intervention. He did a nice job of seeing me and taking me out with the weapon, as I watched both deaths on the Kill Cam; the second death could have maybe been avoided had I been paying more attention to a building above. After dieing twice, I took a deep breath and slowed myself down a bit more and ended up netting myself a 12-0-4 I believe, having the highest K/D of the game, and my team winning. That felt nice.

My last game for the night was another Domination game. This time I drew Quarry for the map. Started out with a quick death and ended up finishing with a 7-0-4. Unfortunately, this match was my previously mentioned 200-199 score game and my team just barely lost. For whatever reason, my team kept trying to grab Point B instead of retaking Point C. I worked my way to Point C several times, but did not have the support to take the position. I spent the majority of this game taking the less traveled routes on the map, trying to flank the enemy, and move slowly/deliberately to avoid giving my position away too suddenly.
If you can actually manage to take a deep breath during matches, you have pretty much surpassed me as a CoD player. Or at least as a human being. :lol: Sound like you are pretty collected, even during matches, and that's an excellent start. 👍 Hardcore TDM is an totally different game, so major adjustments are needed. Limited UAV/HUD, more camping, more damage, so take those things into consideration, then tailor your game to match it.

One trick to get your k/d up, for an average players like us, is to let the killstreak do the work for you. Like for me, I will never be that guy who goes around shooting five guy dead for every one of my deaths. When that actually happens, I feel like calling & emailing all my CoD friends!(Don't worry, very rarely happens). From my experience, integral part of the most effective killstreak is an Predator(five kills). You rarely screw this one up, once you get used to it. For me, the standard is 5(Predator), 7(Harrier), then 9(Pave Low Helicopter). 7 & 9 can stay in the air at the same time, which makes them more effective IMO.

Since you are still trying to keep up with "1" k/d, I guess you could try 3(UAV), 4(Care Pkg), 5(Predator). Something like that. Just be careful with the care package, because people will try to get you before you can get the crate. Just keep distance from the enemies when you call it in, then have your teammates around, so you won't be the sole target, if they try to intercept the package. Or if your teammates are between your position & the enemy, that would be ideal.

Those are some mighty big shoes to fill.
Bird didn't wear 9 1/2?

Edit:

P.S. Justin, you gotta let me help you with your game. Online can be brutal, if the match making doesn't help you. Unlike XBL, I can't guide you with the headset/com, but at least you can use me as a training target in private matches!
 
I'm not going to comment on anything, except the one item. The rest is just beating a dead horse. I don't think your fully 'get it' and it's no point to go on.

Now, the game I joined, it was very clear to me everyone was killing everyone. I shot a dozen people when somebody said, "****, don't shoot me!" The second thing I heard a few kills later was, "Don't shoot!" Neither of them was address to me so I continued.

Third time, you address me as "Solid, you bastard, stop shooting me!" Since I didn't have my headset on, I went to turn it on. In the meantime, I was killed numerous times. I then asked if you can hear me. No response. After asking several times, and after getting no response why I couldn't shoot specifically you, I went back to fighting. I even thought your responses were quit comical. I had no idea which one was you since I was too busy looking for people to shoot.

If you didn't want me to kill you, why didn't you just explain better why it was I couldn't do so? Calling me names and using foul language just made me want to kill you more. If this happens to you again, I suggest you say, "Sorry, bu this isn't a regular match. We're trying to test killstreak rewards. Can you please leave or stop shooting. Thanks." Now, if I heard that from you, I wouldn't have thought you were just getting pissed from being shot. I would have stopped and left you alone.
*sigh*...
The people that were killing in my game were other people that joined via that stupid 🤬 join session thing. I have had absolutely enough of people joining my private rust games...not aimed at anyone in particular, just full stop.

If people are killing us we are going to let it slip after telling them a few times, if they insist we start doing it to try and back them off, if they keep doing it we start shouting at them. If they keep doing it we tell them to leave, which I did but you obviously didnt hear. I did not hear you at all, I am sorry or I would have told you, if anyone comes in my game and starts doing their own thing I am also sorry, but I do get annoyed. If I called you anything I am sorry but I was obviously annoyed.

On your final note, shouting dont shoot means something, even if it wasnt too nicely. I never called you names, if what you say I said (above) is true then I am sorry, even then it is only once. As I said I had about 3 people in that game I didnt want in their and to be honest I wasnt in the mood for being all nice, I just wanted to test one thing which wouldnt take long but took much longer than I wanted.


Solid, I think he explained it pretty clearly. And it is obvious when you join private matches that they are just that, because often it will ask you to choose a team. Usually "Stop shooting" would let must people know they should, you know, stop shooting.
Thank you.

Oh I have just about enough of your 🤬 in this thread. You complain, and then want answers, and then we tell you what we think, and then you post a God Damn wall of text telling someone how THEIR private match was not what they claim it was, and then 🤬 some more about the game.

If anyone has been beating a dead horse, it is you.

EDIT: I see you are not showing up on my PSN list. This just works to reinforce my thoughts that you can not handle criticism. Congrats. I was gonna join you in a game and pay attention to how you play but I guess not.
I agree with most of that, as for deleting him, wow, thats not the best way to handle something.

EDIT: Oh, dear oh dear, where is SOLID_LIFTERS on my PSN list? Am I deleted too? What a shame :(.
 
Last edited:
Cant we all just get along!?? whats with all the hostility? Game is supposed to be played for fun :) Or are you guys making mad loot with million dollar contracts playing this game?
 
I think it might all be over now, I am tired of typing 20 minute posts.
 
Footsteps. I've done it more than a few times. My brother and I both use to get in trouble in CS for walling people based on sounds. The hit marker thing in MW2 just makes it that much easier to do.

You don't make sound when you've just spawned. Or are immobile. These guys were running up to buildings and shooting people dead through the walls with no normal audio-visual clues available to them.

And we won't mention the Chopper Gunner which bullseyed me through a roof, a floor and an interior wall. While I had Coldblooded Pro/Ninja Pro on.
 
You don't make sound when you've just spawned. Or are immobile. These guys were running up to buildings and shooting people dead through the walls with no normal audio-visual clues available to them.

And we won't mention the Chopper Gunner which bullseyed me through a roof, a floor and an interior wall. While I had Coldblooded Pro/Ninja Pro on.

Hmm. I'll wall spam popular camping areas and/or where my 6th or even 7th sense tells me to. Part of why FMJ is one of my favorite attachments in Hardcore, along with the silencer.

I also have discovered that Marathon, Lightweight, Last Stand plus Mini Uzi FMJ and Akimbo USPs is very deadly in Hardcore. Most people do not expect to be rushed so aggressively in HC and just do not know how to react at all to the crazy guy jumping from a roof or just busting into a building without being all cautious before hand. Been averaging about a 3 KD with this setup, and it is a blast to play. Might toss Steady Aim on, but Last Stand is helping with my USP kills at the moment.
 
Hmm. I'll wall spam popular camping areas and/or where my 6th or even 7th sense tells me to.

Aye, it wasn't wallspam either. These guys knew where we were the instant we spawned. They got 21 kills each and no-one else topped seven.
 
Aye, it wasn't wallspam either. These guys knew where we were the instant we spawned. They got 21 kills each and no-one else topped seven.

Sounds very fishy... :grumpy:
 
Aye, it wasn't wallspam either. These guys knew where we were the instant we spawned. They got 21 kills each and no-one else topped seven.

Breakpoint mentioned some glitch with the red boxes remaining around people after using a chopper gunner. Otherwise, I haven't run into anything like that yet...
 
I tend to see one "clan" (usually two guys, rarely more) with this remarkable ability to see everyone, everywhere, regardless of stealthy perks (which I tend to run all of) - like SitRep for people - about every three or four days.

No idea how they do it, but they're doing something. Generally we back out after the game and find a new lobby.
 
I tend to see one "clan" (usually two guys, rarely more) with this remarkable ability to see everyone, everywhere, regardless of stealthy perks (which I tend to run all of) - like SitRep for people - about every three or four days.

No idea how they do it, but they're doing something. Generally we back out after the game and find a new lobby.

I did read on one of those hack sites that there is a PS3 aim-bot which puts red squares around all enemies no matter where they are.... but at that time it was not released yet. I dont have the link right now, but maybe breakpoint knows.... :p
 
We had another pair of guys with X-Ray vision tonight - shooting people through the walls of buildings without at any point seeing them (sometimes as they spawned). It's getting kinda tiresome.

That drove me mental last night. I hate Scrapyard in general, but there wasn't something right there.
 
Just unlocked SitRep Pro, and OMFG it is amazing. Not just because enemy foot steps are louder, but because your allies are practically muted. In Hardcore, where SoundWhoring is extremely useful (provided you have surround sound), you can literally follow people based on foot steps alone. It also makes those Ninja Pro users loud enough to hear.

It may replace Ninja for my fav perk in HC. And practically makes the Heartbeat sensor redundant, as no one crouches EVERYWHERE they walk.

Only down side... SitRep Pro takes forever to unlock...
 
What setups do you use for Hardcore? I find I tweak several of my classes just for HC games due to the rather different speed of play and increased amount of stealthy players.

I was using the following:
  • SCAR-H with Silencer
  • SPAS-12 with FMJ
  • Grenade
  • Stun Grenade
  • Perk 1: Scavenger Pro
  • Perk 2: Cold Blooded Pro
  • Perk 3: Ninja Pro

As for Domination games... I've stopped playing those as much due to my team driving me insane with simply not holding objectives. I've watched the radar more than a few times where 3 people on my team are near a flag being taken from us, but instead run away from it. Thus I've moved back over to TDM, and sometimes Search and Destroy.

Teammates not going for objectives is definitely frustrating. I have not played much Team Deathmatch lately and it is mostly because I enjoy an objective based game more.

If you can actually manage to take a deep breath during matches, you have pretty much surpassed me as a CoD player. Or at least as a human being. :lol: Sound like you are pretty collected, even during matches, and that's an excellent start. 👍

It is something I am working on. I get quite frustrated often and need to start reminding myself that that is only to my detriment. So it is a work in progress at the moment.

One trick to get your k/d up, for an average players like us, is to let the killstreak do the work for you. Like for me, I will never be that guy who goes around shooting five guy dead for every one of my deaths. When that actually happens, I feel like calling & emailing all my CoD friends!(Don't worry, very rarely happens).

I am trying to improve my K/D back to 1:1; currently, it is around 0.96 I believe. Hopefully, whenever I get back to that, I can maintain it and then improve on it.

From my experience, integral part of the most effective killstreak is an Predator(five kills). You rarely screw this one up, once you get used to it. For me, the standard is 5(Predator), 7(Harrier), then 9(Pave Low Helicopter). 7 & 9 can stay in the air at the same time, which makes them more effective IMO.

Since you are still trying to keep up with "1" k/d, I guess you could try 3(UAV), 4(Care Pkg), 5(Predator). Something like that. Just be careful with the care package, because people will try to get you before you can get the crate. Just keep distance from the enemies when you call it in, then have your teammates around, so you won't be the sole target, if they try to intercept the package. Or if your teammates are between your position & the enemy, that would be ideal.

I am having issues with killing just three people consecutively; thus, I adjusted my killstreaks and went with the UAV, Counter UAV, and Predator Missile. I went with the Counter UAV instead of Care Package because Care Packages are a friendly and enemy magnet and cause more trouble than they are worth at times; also, I figured a Counter UAV would be fairly detrimental to the opponent. Lastly, if I feel like I am playing better, I will change my killstreaks back to UAV, Predator, and Harrier.
 
Oh YES! New killstreak of 30 thanks to a NoobTube, One Man Army Pro, Danger-Close Pro setup. Finished the Ground War domination game 55-3.
 
It seems I've have a lot more lag since the new patch. Or maybe something is wrong with my connection. Has anyone else had issues?

Only down side... SitRep Pro takes forever to unlock...

How do you unlock it? Shoot enemy equipment?
 
Breakpoint mentioned some glitch with the red boxes remaining around people after using a chopper gunner. Otherwise, I haven't run into anything like that yet...


There has been one around for a good while for PS3, what sucks for you guys is the PS3 is much easier to exploit than the 360 when it comes to game mods. Its more than likely the chopper gunner/ AC130 view mod they are using. The 360's game save files are different than the PS3's, on PS3 all you have to do is have a usb thumbdrive and note pad to mod, on 360 you need special programs and a HD transfer cable.
 
Back