Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,326 views
breakpoint: Earlier you said yoou wished you had a PS3 to play with us lot... Don't bother! Everyone was playing Battlefield BC2 tonight!
Its a disgrace...
Just kidding of course guys, I can see why you all played that tonight seeing as what happened on Friday with connection issues etc. :p

I got it yesterday as the others have been playing it for a while and thought what the hell lets see what's it about. It's not that bad a game. I Do prefer mw2 but with tanks and helicopters it's enjoyable and the best thing is the sound.
 
I got it yesterday as the others have been playing it for a while and thought what the hell lets see what's it about. It's not that bad a game. I Do prefer mw2 but with tanks and helicopters it's enjoyable and the best thing is the sound.

Ah right. If I had some cash I would get it but its probably still full price yeah?
 
you might be able to get it a few buck off at gamestop if you have those but its probably still over $50. Try the demo first though. It was alright but IMO its not worth it. The only thing better about that game is the sniping. Everything else is a bit weak compared to MW2.
 
hey guys
you can believe or not
2 days ago i was playing demolution on karachi (PS3) and i got 2 nukes
the first nuke i got at 1:1 and it was "selfmade" without any helps like apachi or anything like this
the second nuke was at 2:1 with help like apachi/harrier
i was so happy and i couldnt believe it ,it was crazy
but the problem was you can use only 1 nuke :[

But i think only some people can do this on the world and i am one of them XD
ICEMAN_ZIDANE (if you want to add me psn: kiyak44
 
I hit the prestige button again tonight. There are 100% more UAVs when you don't have cold blooded.

It sure does seem that way doesn't it. I actually had the same thought after Prestiging for the first time.

I've done this with the scar and the famas although the famas was before I prestiged the first time. Not that crazy though.

I unlocked all the attachments for both the SCAR-H and FAMAS before the first Prestige. Even though I have both in custom classes, I have maybe 100 kills between them since. I have primarily been using the TAR-21 during this Prestige to try and unlock all attachments for it.
 
Hmmmm I need to try the demo...

I believe the demo servers are closed, here's what I had to say on the 2 games when compared, neither is a bad game, it's more a question of taste. MW2 provides fast paced action in a small arena whereas BC2 provides a much larger scale and atmosphere with a large emphasis on skill rather then individual merit which is often compulsary for success in MW2.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=126191

We had a pretty large group of GTPers in last night on BC2, everyone uses the headsets alot more then on MW2 where half of us don't speak, I certainly don't unless others chirp up as well. Why? Because using them helps ALOT whereas the sheer pace of MW2 means if you call out someone when you die, they'll be long gone halfway across the map by the time your team-mate arrives and thats before the individual class abilities come into play on BC2.
 
The demo is not the saMe as the full game IMO.
Graphics/movement/flow wise mw2 is better but gAmeplay/enjoyment BC has it and this is coming from me who plays mw2 3-4 hours a day.
 
I found having both makes both more enjoyable, I found myself hating MW2 when I didn't have any choice shooter wise because sometimes I wanted something a little slower and more teamworky, which BC2 provides in shovels. So now I can play BC2 when I have some buddies and I'm in the mood, or MW2 if I just want to mess around a little and I end up not playing one exclusively so neither is growing old on me now.
 
I play a lot of Domination and team members vary big time. I love to chase capture points and dominate all of them. I get very frustrated when I find 2-3 team mates who sit in a corner waiting for someone to show up when we only have 1 or maybe no points at all. They just sit there and wait for the loss. Are they happy with with their 13-1 stats after that? I usually have like 3-28 because of kamikaze captures but most games I play I get "Most points captured" and thats what counts in the end.

Sometimes though I find myself in a really active team who works together to take over! In rare occations that even happens to the opposite team aswell. When that happens. I can even lose with a smile :).
 
wow, i got my first f2000 veteran level 👍 im not doing so well for master though as im only 77/250. i need another 20 penetration kills for extended mags though.
 
Just remember, getting that third flag is often a bad move. This goes to all, against a reasonable team going for a domination means you're more likely to lose 2 flags in the process (map depending). The best and most effective way to play domination, is hold 2 including the middle one in a line layout, or rotate on triangle layout to capture the flag you didn't hold should one get lost as it's likely to be less guarded due to the push for your other flag. If you hold 2 you know exactly where the enemy is spawning, it's easy to mess up a good game by moving their spawn point. Unfortunately nobody realises this in general play but when you're partied up you can sort that out, of course if the enemy is weak go for the humiliating domination :sly:.
 
there that or all of the team is camping that last flag extremely paranoid their going to lose it so you get shot from 4 different positions all at once :lol:
 
of course if the enemy is weak go for the humiliating domination :sly:.

Like one of the matches on friday possibly where it ended 200-50 in our favour! :lol:
 
Yes, never capture the 3rd flag because if you do they are no longer spawn trapped :) I jammed COD4 again last night just because I didn't feel like getting angry, man after going back to COD4 from MW2 the sniping on COD4 is so easy! I was quick scoping and no scoping people like crazy on COD4, I have allot less success in MW2 doing this. It also seems like everyone that plays as a sniper in COD4 now and just tries to no scope and quick scope....all I seen last night....
 
Like one of the matches on friday possibly where it ended 200-50 in our favour! :lol:

I was just Reading Drags post above and thought about that team, we totally raped them.
Ime always shouting down the headset when we have 2 points captured as you can then totally dictate the outcome of the game.
 
Yeah that was the definition of "pwnge" or whatever the hell its called!
Lol you are always fairly vocal :lol:
 
Every map has favored flag pairs to hold. Terminal is C and A, Skidrow is B and C (can defend C from the windows of the apartment area), Karachi is A and B since you can spawn trap at C really easy, etc.
 
[empty space];3824906
it thought pwnage was 200-0 in hq pro?

Haha! Me and a few mates did that once. Absolutely quality!
 
Every map has favored flag pairs to hold. Terminal is C and A

Lol wut? Let them have A always. They always spawn into that shop so you can just noobtube or FMJ them the whole match.
 
Lol wut? Let them have A always. They always spawn into that shop so you can just noobtube or FMJ them the whole match.


Exactly what I do:tup: You even have a little cover in the hall there to crouch behind.
 
Lol wut? Let them have A always. They always spawn into that shop so you can just noobtube or FMJ them the whole match.
Sounds like a plan. Sucks to be them. :lol:
 
This has probably been raised in this thread at some point, but I can't be bothered to look.
Quick answer please: is there anywhere I can download voice clips from the game that don't say "AC130 above!" or require me to take the entire hans zimmer soundtrack off the net?
I would like my fone to say something along the lines of "7 inch torsioner"(not correct spelling, or language for that matter) when I get a text.

Thankyou GTP

:irked:👍
 
I am already level 30 on 5th prestige, at least its 'already' for me.
 
Lol wut? Let them have A always. They always spawn into that shop so you can just noobtube or FMJ them the whole match.

But, if you hold B, they can push on it easier. Holding A and C basically means watching 3 areas with considerable cover and means if they spawn they will be spawning in the open for the most part.
 
But, if you hold B, they can push on it easier. Holding A and C basically means watching 3 areas with considerable cover and means if they spawn they will be spawning in the open for the most part.


With a light machine gun and FMJ's with OMA they never make it out of the office:tup: And then when you hit the chopper gunner they are seriously screwed, especially if you have danger close on.
 
i really need to lose this strange obsession with the f2000. its really frustrating to get rounds on target first and still die. plus if youre getting hit the recoil is impossible to recover from.
 
Every map has favored flag pairs to hold. Terminal is C and A

I would agree with that. It is always to your advantage to hold the terminal, and keep the enemy outside. For one, you have the height advantage, and secondly you have plenty of targets for your air support. It's not so easy to hit targets camping in the shop! 👍
 
I have a quick question for you guys who are around or past 6th prestige. How do you level up so fast? Besides from play for a large amount of time are there any game modes that would score big points besides Search and Destroy? Should I change my playstyle to just complete basic weapon challenges, therefore getting the easy 10,000 points?
 
Back