Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,329 views
I have a quick question for you guys who are around or past 6th prestige. How do you level up so fast? Besides from play for a large amount of time are there any game modes that would score big points besides Search and Destroy? Should I change my playstyle to just complete basic weapon challenges, therefore getting the easy 10,000 points?
I just play search and destroy. Once you get good at it and all the maps, it becomes an absolute cinch. I can net around 10 to 20k XP in one game which is more than enough to level up nicely. Once you get to around level 65, thats when you should see what big challenges are left just to boost you up to 70 a bit quicker.
 
i dont think i could handle just S&D much for the same reason CS didnt really interest me for long. too much watching and not a lot of playing equates to a boring game imo. im just an average player and while ive my moments there will never be enough to warrant full time S&D.
 
[empty space];3825186
i dont think i could handle just S&D much for the same reason CS didnt really interest me for long. too much watching and not a lot of playing equates to a boring game imo. im just an average player and while ive my moments there will never be enough to warrant full time S&D.


I hate watching as well, which is why I don't play it also. I played it when I was forced to when the map pack first came out, and actually did well on it. I armed, disarmed, and was the last man standing and armed the bomb and won a few times, also killed the last enemy players being the last man standing a few times also. I just don't care for the game type which is the main reason I don't play it.


If you haven't tried this try it, grab the M21 and throw an acog on it with scavenger, stopping power, and steady aim. The thing is like a assault rifle, 2 hits and they are down. Its horrible as a sniper rifle, but if you use it like an assault rifle it is great.
 
If you haven't tried this try it, grab the M21 and throw an acog on it with scavenger, stopping power, and steady aim. The thing is like a assault rifle, 2 hits and they are down. Its horrible as a sniper rifle, but if you use it like an assault rifle it is great.
You've been watching GUNNS4HIRE's videos about the M21, I take it? :dopey:
 
If you haven't tried this try it, grab the M21 and throw an acog on it with scavenger, stopping power, and steady aim. The thing is like a assault rifle, 2 hits and they are down. Its horrible as a sniper rifle, but if you use it like an assault rifle it is great.

Eh, I rock it with the silencer. That way at long distances I can still 1 shot them to the head, and at closer ranges I can spam it and they won't really know where I am. And the aiming for the head bit really is amusing when you get 10 kills in a row from headshots :sly:
 
w00t! just unlocked all attachments for the f2000. apparently shooting through your team mates counts as a penetration kill. im disappointed though, you actually carry less ammo with extended mags.

[edit - im 819/1000 towards veteran II but only 135/250 of master I :( its hard to get head shots with this gun.]
 
Last edited:
[empty space];3825236
w00t! just unlocked all attachments for the f2000. apparently shooting through your team mates counts as a penetration kill. im disappointed though, you actually carry less ammo with extended mags.

No, you carry the same amount total, just more in the clips. It is useful to use it in conjunction with say, Scavenger. But I'd more so suggest using a different rifle, one that actually has stopping power AND accuracy :p
 
No, you carry the same amount total, just more in the clips. It is useful to use it in conjunction with say, Scavenger. But I'd more so suggest using a different rifle, one that actually has stopping power AND accuracy :p

eh? with normal mags i start with 60 rounds and 45 with extended.

but, yeah, like i said, i need to lose this strange obsession with the f2000 :p though im kinda proud of my f2000 badges :D im two levels away from my next prestige so hopefully i can get my remaining 200 kills before that. i plan on using the m4 the next prestige.
 
You have 60 in reserve with the normal mags; the extended mags are 15 bullets larger, hence you only carry 45 in reserve. You don't lose ammo. :)
 
thats weird. i thought it displayed how many bullets you carried total with the dashes displaying the amount in the clip.
 
Nah, the numbers are the amount you have in reserve (not total).
 
Boy, I just had one of the most trying night of CoD ever. Individually, I was doing pretty good. OK scoring, high k/d games. However, they kept on putting me on teams with bunch of challenged people. Even the high prestiges. I was on teams where the second best player on the team was like 6-10. Needless to say, we nearly lost every single matches. When the enemy predator came and I couldn't get in the building because this idiot decided to block the doorway, keeping literally half of the team at the doorstep(yes we all died), I was screaming at the TV, and you guys know I never do that. :sly: Killed my killstreak, too. Not that it would have helped that much.

Only game we won was the game I went 8-6. It was my worst game of the night, and we won. Go. Figure. Last game, I went 33-6, we lost that one. :rolleyes:
 
[youtubehd]3Ss3kMfp8LM[/youtubehd]
Ken learns how to quickscope.
 
Ken will always be garbage. As soon as he learns how to play his videos wont be funny anymore and no one will watch them anymore.
 
Boy, I just had one of the most trying night of CoD ever. Individually, I was doing pretty good. OK scoring, high k/d games. However, they kept on putting me on teams with bunch of challenged people. Even the high prestiges. I was on teams where the second best player on the team was like 6-10. Needless to say, we nearly lost every single matches. When the enemy predator came and I couldn't get in the building because this idiot decided to block the doorway, keeping literally half of the team at the doorstep(yes we all died), I was screaming at the TV, and you guys know I never do that. :sly: Killed my killstreak, too. Not that it would have helped that much.

Only game we won was the game I went 8-6. It was my worst game of the night, and we won. Go. Figure. Last game, I went 33-6, we lost that one. :rolleyes:


I kept trying and trying to join your matches but I would join and then it would say server is full:tdown: Waited for it to open up for about 30 mins and just said aw forget it and went to bed.
 
Only game we won was the game I went 8-6. It was my worst game of the night, and we won. Go. Figure. Last game, I went 33-6, we lost that one. :rolleyes:

Sounds rough.

I had a better night with the 6 games I played, even going 34-2 with a Nuke... someone on the other team called it "Epic Victory" because it was GW TDM as well.

Curious question for those of you that play both XBL and PSN - do players seem better on average on one of the systems? My friend feels that the PSN players are better than those on XBL and that he tends to get away with playing a touch more carelessly on XBL than on PSN.
 
I kept trying and trying to join your matches but I would join and then it would say server is full:tdown: Waited for it to open up for about 30 mins and just said aw forget it and went to bed.

i would have stuck around a little while longer last night had i not needed to be at work this morning at 7a and it was already almost 1a :p
 
[empty space];3825605
i would have stuck around a little while longer last night had i not needed to be at work this morning at 7a and it was already almost 1a :p

If you would have you for sure would have gotten some kills on me, I was messing around last night trying to quickscope every match:dopey: Going to do the same tonight again, just getting bored so figured why not ruin my KD some more.
 
What the hell should I do when I'm in a TDM and I find boosters? The guy getting the kills was on my team. I tried killing his buddy over and over but he just kept coming back. I wrote down their names if you guys know how to report them.

dgrasso199 and XxNiNjAKiLlErxX.
 
What the hell should I do when I'm in a TDM and I find boosters? The guy getting the kills was on my team. I tried killing his buddy over and over but he just kept coming back. I wrote down their names if you guys know how to report them.

dgrasso199 and XxNiNjAKiLlErxX.


Nothing you can do but report them when in TDM really
 
i dont know how to report them.



On xbl you just view the douche bags profile and there is an option to file a complaint, PS3 I couldn't tell you since I don't have one.
 
Hmm I just did that and its saying to contact activision.
 
Why do boosters/hackers always have xxx in the begining and end of their names, alwYs a give away.
 
So this morning I was actually spawned right in front of an enemy claymore. Can you believe it? Killed before I moved three inches.
 
I managed to die via semtex before I even saw my weapon this morning myself. Seriously, I did not get to see a single thing before I saw a second kill cam and was like what the hell? I appear before the semtex for some miniscule part of a second to just fall flat on the ground again.
 
Why do boosters/hackers always have xxx in the begining and end of their names, alwYs a give away.
Cause it gives you better accuracy for fully sick no scopez bro! Thought you would know that :sly:.

Generally the xX or zZ and Xx and Zz are put before an after your name if you like to go for awesome no scopes or quick scopes, it is a feature that 12 year olds use 👍

EDIT: @ Drag, yesterday I got two nasty surprises! Once I was on Overpass in the building at the back where snipers sit, the one with the walkway hanging off the roof. Anyway, I was on the walkway, I jumped off of it and got stuck with a semtex that flew in. I watched the killcam as the guy throws it in the window and sticks my chin as I fall through the air, was pretty epic.

A little later, on Terminal, a guy chucks a completely random semtex hoping for first blood down one of the sides of the map, I literally run across the view of him, meanwhile the semtex is flying and I just happen to intersect with it and get killed :/.
 
Back