Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,329 views
I really wish they would of put some type of region settings when trying to find matches, playing with people halfway across the world just to see them teleport in a match is quite funny. But still pisses me off when my knive misses -_-.
 
I haven't actually had one stick on me in a long time, let alone twice! Good work :sly:. Side note, as my KDR takes a big dive accuracy is going up (remember I said how my accuracy dropped as my KDR rose? What the hell?) I'm under 3 now, I just keep getting such insanely bad luck every single game. I get put with complete morons if I'm alone or with a party I get killed in the oddest ways or something like a tiny lag spike flares up just as I come face to face with someone, no matter I'm enjoying the game more then when I was on 3.15 or so. I'm not scoring badly, still averaging 2 or so KDR but that just isn't enough as I haven't poured my life into the game to have a stable ratio.

Side note, I think you meant Underpass not Overpass :)

Oh and the matchmaking matches you with ping first, which should give you a good connection a fair amount and it generally works for me. You can see the game looking for <50ms and such, low numbers are good and anywhere around 70 or below is good enough for a smooth experience on the whole, sometimes it still becomes laggy, or the host changes or whatever but it's generally ok for me if my own connection is ok, if not the ping I get matched to is like <100 because of my own failing connection.
 
Well, I have found a game within a game here...
Drag may know this from Sunday night. It involves finding some oblivious camping scum, sitting next to them for as long as possible until they either start to move or they notice you and then shooting them through the scull :D
I have done two already tonight. One was in Estate where the guy was lieing down with his sniper rifle on top of the building at the power station bit. I crouched behind him for a solid 20 seconds before he decided to go charging of the roof. At this point, I shot him in the brain with my silenced UMP45 :lol:
The other one - the very next match no less - was at Invasion. The guy was sitting on one of the balconies along the side of the map, I came up the stairs, went through the door, sat right next to him for about 15seconds, then he reversed and I shot him - again through the forehead!
This is such good fun, especially as I was doing so well tonight!
 
[youtubehd]3Ss3kMfp8LM[/youtubehd]
Ken learns how to quickscope.
Noticed how the guy at 0:54 is running. :lol:
 
I just keep getting such insanely bad luck every single game. I get put with complete morons if I'm alone or with a party I get killed in the oddest ways or something like a tiny lag spike flares up just as I come face to face with someone, no matter I'm enjoying the game more then when I was on 3.15 or so. I'm not scoring badly, still averaging 2 or so KDR but that just isn't enough as I haven't poured my life into the game to have a stable ratio.

i die a lot because i dont like to run in groups because if i do more than half the time they run in front of me and we both end up dieing. or if i run by myself, i get run over by a group. sometimes i can take half out but run out of ammo but usually i just die.

Oh and the matchmaking matches you with ping first, which should give you a good connection a fair amount and it generally works for me. You can see the game looking for <50ms and such, low numbers are good and anywhere around 70 or below is good enough for a smooth experience on the whole, sometimes it still becomes laggy, or the host changes or whatever but it's generally ok for me if my own connection is ok, if not the ping I get matched to is like <100 because of my own failing connection.

ive noticed that but since last patch/map pack its not been able to find a game until its gone through the ping checks :ouch: i guess that just makes my f2000 kills that much more awesome ;)
 
Anyone ever had a martyrdom grenade follow them across a room...
 
Anyone ever had a martyrdom grenade follow them across a room...

Yes, it was quite annoying to as I was hiding from some other guys to regen, and here comes this grenade all slow and I was like "No!"

The end.
 
Well, I have found a game within a game here...
Drag may know this from Sunday night. It involves finding some oblivious camping scum, sitting next to them for as long as possible until they either start to move or they notice you and then shooting them through the scull :D
I have done two already tonight. One was in Estate where the guy was lieing down with his sniper rifle on top of the building at the power station bit. I crouched behind him for a solid 20 seconds before he decided to go charging of the roof. At this point, I shot him in the brain with my silenced UMP45 :lol:
The other one - the very next match no less - was at Invasion. The guy was sitting on one of the balconies along the side of the map, I came up the stairs, went through the door, sat right next to him for about 15seconds, then he reversed and I shot him - again through the forehead!
This is such good fun, especially as I was doing so well tonight!

I love doing that to, I like to keep following them as they run around as well, it's brilliant when you follow a guy for over a minute and then just stab them, very entertaining though risky to say the least.

[empty space];3826243
i die a lot because i dont like to run in groups because if i do more than half the time they run in front of me and we both end up dieing. or if i run by myself, i get run over by a group. sometimes i can take half out but run out of ammo but usually i just die.

Myself and Aldo managed to get double killed (together) so many times on a game of Scrapyard it was just unreal, the same guy did it 3 times or something! Just by pure luck, we weren't aiming to follow one another in any way, it was more shortly after spawns.
 
I just decided to give the Beretta M93 Raffica a run in my Marathon/Lightweight class. The class already had the UMP45 in it, so I stuck with that as my primary. The first game with this combination, I managed six kills with the Raffica alone. Granted, I probably used it a bit more often than I should have, but it works quite nicely for longer range kills where the UMP45's recoil can be a bit of a pain to deal with. For the time being, I will be keeping the Raffica in my Marathon/Lightweight class instead of the AA-12. I may also switch to Rapid Fire as my attachment on the UMP45.
 
The Raffica is the mini-M16, it's extremely good. I use it silenced with my sniper rifle and it really does get the job done without leaving a range gap which the common sniper secondary, the shotgun, does create for those who don't attempt quick scopes all the time.
 
Shigegaki: Shouldn't the title thing on your avatar say "daisuki" at the end? Like so: "&#12399;&#12379;&#12364;&#12431;&#12376;&#12421;&#12435;&#12384;&#12356;&#12377;&#12365;&#12391;&#12377;&#12290;&#12290;&#12290;" Edit: fixed the last name, too(&#12399;&#12379;&#12364;&#12431;)

Vash: I had chance to go to the Blazers/Thunder game tonight. I was literally 40 seconds away from shutting my terminal down, go home, so I can change and go to the game. This #$%@#$ calls me, he's freaking out about this part for his truck, going absolutely crazy on the phone. He is screaming about how his life is going down spiral, to the auto parts guy, I finally tell him that I actually had to leave for somewhere in a hurry, I'm not doing that great right now myself, thanks to this. He kept on crying to me(at least not at me). After spending 20 more minutes with this guy, I just said it's not worth it. Gave up the tickets, came home. I was really looking forward to seeing Durant in person, too. I've seen him play only on TV.

P.S. Anybody who read this, don't call anybody to cry unless he/she is your personal friend, or family. Please. Just because the person on the other end is polite doesn't mean he/she gives a #$%@ about your situation.
Sounds rough.

I had a better night with the 6 games I played, even going 34-2 with a Nuke... someone on the other team called it "Epic Victory" because it was GW TDM as well.
I envy. :guilty: Before I went on my last slump, I was actually doing good enough to go for the nuke. I'm nearly back to that level, but my game is still not consistent enough for me to aim for the nuke. Plus, I couldn't have even come out of the slump if it weren't for the silencers. I put them on everything except RPD now. ACR, SCAR, both silenced. They help. Not enough to call in a nuke though!
Curious question for those of you that play both XBL and PSN - do players seem better on average on one of the systems? My friend feels that the PSN players are better than those on XBL and that he tends to get away with playing a touch more carelessly on XBL than on PSN.
I honestly don't see any difference. On PSN, I had more games where they'd throw me in with bunch of noobs. When that happens, yes, I kill. :lol: But unless something crazy like that takes place, no, I don't have easier, or harder time playing on PSN or XBL. Guys on my team last night on XBL though, certifiably teh suck.

My k/d I think was on 2.30 on PSN, 2.15 on XBL. But it is on the way up on XBL, and my PSN k/d has pretty much hit the ceiling. And XBL had nastier k/d due to the first & biggest slump I hit on MW2. It was one of those "supernatural" ones that had nothing to do with how good the other players are, or anything like that. That one set my k/d back to 1.80's, so if it weren't for that, my XBL k/d should've been pretty identical to mine on PSN.
So this morning I was actually spawned right in front of an enemy claymore. Can you believe it? Killed before I moved three inches.
I don't know if you read, but yesterday, as soon as I spawned into this match, harriers flew in right at me, unloaded the bombs on me. I didn't die because the match ended right when the bombs were about to hit the ground. :lol:
 
Vash: I had chance to go to the Blazers/Thunder game tonight. I was literally 40 seconds away from shutting my terminal down, go home, so I can change and go to the game. This #$%@#$ calls me, he's freaking out about this part for his truck, going absolutely crazy on the phone. He is screaming about how his life is going down spiral, to the auto parts guy, I finally tell him that I actually had to leave for somewhere in a hurry, I'm not doing that great right now myself, thanks to this. He kept on crying to me(at least not at me). After spending 20 more minutes with this guy, I just said it's not worth it. Gave up the tickets, came home. I was really looking forward to seeing Durant in person, too. I've seen him play only on TV.

P.S. Anybody who read this, don't call anybody to cry unless he/she is your personal friend, or family. Please. Just because the person on the other end is polite doesn't mean he/she gives a #$%@ about your situation.

That really stinks big time! I have seen Durant in person at least five times, including his one visit during college to Norman when Texas played OU (I mentioned college games, any of the big talents that has come through the Big XII that last six years, I have likely seen live.). I have been to two games this year and will go to my third on Wednesday for the Thunder's last home regular season game of this season.

My k/d I think was on 2.30 on PSN, 2.15 on XBL. But it is on the way up on XBL, and my PSN k/d has pretty much hit the ceiling. And XBL had nastier k/d due to the first & biggest slump I hit on MW2. It was one of those "supernatural" ones that had nothing to do with how good the other players are, or anything like that. That one set my k/d back to 1.80's, so if it weren't for that, my XBL k/d should've been pretty identical to mine on PSN.

My K/D is at 1.35 and has been there for a while. Any time I make a bit of progress to 1.36, I end up running off a streak of bad games and it goes right back down to 1.35. Right now, I am shooting to get my K/D up to 1.40. That is going to take some work on my part to get there, but I should be able to do it.
 
That really stinks big time! I have seen Durant in person at least five times, including his one visit during college to Norman when Texas played OU (I mentioned college games, any of the big talents that has come through the Big XII that last six years, I have likely seen live.). I have been to two games this year and will go to my third on Wednesday for the Thunder's last home regular season game of this season.
It was a bummer, I really wanted to see KD. We might've selected Oden, but most knowledgeable fans, we really fell in love with Durant, too. He's a basketball gym-rat, too, which makes me like him even more. I used to work on my (basketball)game like it was bushido. It was all about the competition.
My K/D is at 1.35 and has been there for a while. Any time I make a bit of progress to 1.36, I end up running off a streak of bad games and it goes right back down to 1.35. Right now, I am shooting to get my K/D up to 1.40. That is going to take some work on my part to get there, but I should be able to do it.
Sounds like you've hit the ceiling for now. You should come up with something you can add to your game. It can be anything from limiting your deaths, different kill streak combo. Or like in my case, going almost all silencers. I've been using red dot sights since CoD4, but it is amazing how much heat silencers will take off of you. It most definitely helps you preserve the kill streaks longer. And in MW2, open sights aren't as bad as it was in CoD4.
 
I may try and vary the weapons I use. Switching out weapons and trying new ones has helped me out in the past. Adding the Raffica to my Marathon/Lightweight class has been both good and bad. Marathon/Lightweight encourages me to play more recklessly, which is bad, but the combination can also be quite a bit of fun, which is good. For every really good game I have with the combination, I usually end up having two or three so-so games that do not help my K/D. I need to do a better job of sticking to my plan of starting out games with Marathon/Lightweight and then switch to an assault class once the game's tendencies flesh out. That way I get an early jump on the flank of the opposing team, net myself some easy, quick kills and then switch to a class better suited to the slightly slower pace of the game after the initial rush.

I have gone quite a stretch, until very recently, without using silenced weapons. Silencers are starting to make a comeback in many of my classes and I will probably be using them quite a bit more now.

I had also originally planned to primarily use the TAR-21 after going Prestige for the first time and up until the last few days, that had been the case. Sometime this past weekend I started playing around with the SCAR-H again and have continued to mostly use it. (Well at least until today, my UMP45, Raffica, Marathon/Lightweight class has been my choice class. :lol:)
 
Last edited:
i need 83 kills to get f2000 veteran II :D ... but, im still 100 kills off of master I. holographic scope seems to be helping. i might try to change from fmj/holo to silencer/holo since silencer seems to give more accuracy at the cost of power.
 
F2000...... But why? :lol: And on the TAR, I never use it. I think I might have equipped it once. Maybe. But when you trust your gun so much, in my case, the SCAR, it's so hard to give another gun a chance. ACR's been an exception, because it is so superior to SCAR in some ways, especially in precision.
 
I love doing that to, I like to keep following them as they run around as well, it's brilliant when you follow a guy for over a minute and then just stab them, very entertaining though risky to say the least.



Myself and Aldo managed to get double killed (together) so many times on a game of Scrapyard it was just unreal, the same guy did it 3 times or something! Just by pure luck, we weren't aiming to follow one another in any way, it was more shortly after spawns.

Haha, I probably could have done that as I was using my silent/rush class! Next time I come across one, I'll take a video on my phone for you guys :p

Yeha, that was a horrible game! I think at least one of them was at the doorway into B when one of us spawned in the corner than ran in behind the other :lol:
 
Game got weird on me again. Tonight, it's the frigging snipers. Snipers used to bother me a lot. Lately, try like at least couple of months, they went away. Tonight, it's like all of sudden, they are back, and they are kicking my behind.

It was unbelievable. It was like the CoD4 days, when there were just so many great snipers around, sometimes they can just pin the whole team down.

I won some, lost some. Made little progress, but not by much. Crazy night. :crazy:
 
After 3 days of playing BC 2 I came back to MW2. Second game on and I get one of my best scores so far. 36-2 and for about 8 games in a row was top scorer.
Now need another 100 headshots for my Ak47 to get the 1000 and on 1800 kills with the Aa12. The Aa12 equipped with extended mags on scrapyard totally rules close quarters, triple kills all the time.
 
I got two game winning kills in a row with AA12 tonight. Other players must've been rolling their eyes. :lol: AA12 is tough to beat, coming around the corner. :trouble:
 
I dislike the way you guys just ignore people.

When can I buy stimulus for ps3, may the 4th?
👎:irked:
 
I dislike the way you guys just ignore people.

cry.gif
 
I dislike the way you guys just ignore people.

When can I buy stimulus for ps3, may the 4th?
👎:irked:

To your original question: you could probably get them if you bought or, dare I say it, downloaded the PC version you could find them in the Program Files somewhere.
As for this question... I haven't a clue!
👍
 
I'm sure some of you may know the answer to this question, how much of this stimulus pack is on the disc already?
 
I'm sure some of you may know the answer to this question, how much of this stimulus pack is on the disc already?
I presume not much, because people would have hacked it into MP matches already.
 
Anyone else boycotting this DLC?

I mean come on 15 $ for 3 new maps and 2 recycled maps. For 5 more bucks Rockstar gives you an expansion pack with a whole new story, new weapons and vehicles.

Activision won't get my money that easily because I bought The Ballad Of Gay Tony this morning (I'm enjoying it so far :)). If they drop it to 10 $ maybe I'll reconsider but for now there's no way I will buy that. Adding that Killzone 2 map pack is 6,99 $ and you get 6 maps and 2 new weapons, that's a deal. But anyway all the kids will buy the stimulus pack and Activision will just keep selling some overpriced DLC. *sigh*

Funny fact : One of my classmates keeps arguing with me that there are guns from COD4 in the stimulus package. :lol:
 
Back