Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,332 views
I haven't played COD4, so it's five all-new maps for me. Seems to me only the COD4 players are bitching about the price.
 
It will be five new maps for me also, since I played a total of maybe two hours online of CoD4.
 
[youtubehd]ZAolHH0LQxk[/youtubehd]
:lol: at the guy at 4:35 :lol:
 
The download is ~340MB, so odds are he's telling the truth.

Bull****. Four new maps for W@W were almost 1000mb. If the DL is only 340mb for 5 new maps I'd guess a lot of it is on the disc already.
 
T_A = meshes themselves are usually small in size, its the textures that take up most of the space. from what i can tell on my xbox, they are reusing the textures. if that's true then 340mbs for new maps is believable-ish.
 
either way the smaller the better. I think I only have maybe 6 gigs left on my PS3.
 
I can't quite remember but didn't breakpoint find some of the DLC on the disc already?
 
I dislike the way you guys just ignore people.

When can I buy stimulus for ps3, may the 4th?
👎:irked:
I saw your post. I had no asnwer, so I'm sorry. :lol:
Anyone else boycotting this DLC?

I mean come on 15 $ for 3 new maps and 2 recycled maps. For 5 more bucks Rockstar gives you an expansion pack with a whole new story, new weapons and vehicles.

Activision won't get my money that easily because I bought The Ballad Of Gay Tony this morning (I'm enjoying it so far :)). If they drop it to 10 $ maybe I'll reconsider but for now there's no way I will buy that. Adding that Killzone 2 map pack is 6,99 $ and you get 6 maps and 2 new weapons, that's a deal. But anyway all the kids will buy the stimulus pack and Activision will just keep selling some overpriced DLC. *sigh*

Funny fact : One of my classmates keeps arguing with me that there are guns from COD4 in the stimulus package. :lol:
I realize I'm in the minority, overall. Since the CoD4, I've gotten so much from the online part of the game, I thought the game was worth easily many times more than the normal price tag. But I can understand the frustration on the price tag, and I think the intent of this download clearly is to rip people off. I just personally think the game is still a bargain.

P.S. Many consider the old maps a rehash. But for CoD4 fans like myself, I look at it totally differently. It's more like a Ferrari F40 being added to a racing game. Return of the classics. I love it. And the home court/field advantage has been amazing. :D
 
I have cod4 so I've played the maps. I'll play on them again though so whatever. I think the map pack should have been $10 but at least its not $20.
 
Yeah, $10 sounds better. You'll love the old maps. As far as the design & layout go, they are the exact replica of the original.

So many players play awkwardly on there, if you are CoD4 veteran, you'll generally pwn. Hard.
 
I didn't really like either map that much in cod4. I was never that great at cod4 though. I bought it more than two years ago and I'm still not level 55. I liked W@W 10x more. Thats when I really got into cod.
 
I can't quite remember but didn't breakpoint find some of the DLC on the disc already?

The content is on the disk, at least for 360, all you need is a jtagged 360 and you can explore everything that is on the disk. Just like I can tell you that there will be another map pack because there are more maps on the disk still, unless all of the mess IW is in right now ruins it.
 
The content is on the disk, at least for 360, all you need is a jtagged 360 and you can explore everything that is on the disk. Just like I can tell you that there will be another map pack because there are more maps on the disk still, unless all of the mess IW is in right now ruins it.
What a B.S. Corporate greed is an amazing thing. Just amazing.
 
But that begs the question: if the maps were already on the disc, why is the download 324MB?
 
To make it playable and fix it all up, they didnt put it all on the disc, to make it not look stupid by not having a download they have to make something downloadable. Once again though, 402 is coughing up bull:censored: when he says none is on the disc. People hacked it on 360, most of it is on the disc, silly Robert, what a lier. Still, 324mb is good because I dont like using large amounts of internet my parents pay for.
 
F2000...... But why? :lol: And on the TAR, I never use it. I think I might have equipped it once. Maybe. But when you trust your gun so much, in my case, the SCAR, it's so hard to give another gun a chance. ACR's been an exception, because it is so superior to SCAR in some ways, especially in precision.

because ive an unhealthy obsession with the f2000. :lol: but, since people think its one of the worst guns in the game, i really love showing off my f2000 badge and emblem. the holo sight was helping me head shots towards the end.

but, on the plus side, hopefully my k/d will start to go back up again now that my primary weapon is now the m4. 0.82 as of last night :|

its ironic that you mention the scar-h as thats my least favorite Ar. i must admit im not a fan of the acr either. FAMAS, M4, and tar-21 are my best weapons with the f2000 being my favorite. its probably just my imagination but the scar feels really heavy with a slow rate of fire.

i had a 1000 kills with the m4 before my first prestige and got 400 kills with the m4, tar-21 and famas the last prestige so i should be able to get at least two levels of veteran for 1 or more of them. specially since it only took me 11 levels to get two levels of veteran with the f2000 :D
 
G.T


I hate to admit this but for the sake of comedy I will to all of you:ouch: When I first started playing MW2, like the first day, I seen the red smoke from a CP and had no idea even what a CP was since I just started and ran over to it and was looking down at it thinking, what in the hell is this red smoke grenade? Then, bam, crate killed me.....:ouch: Ah, ok, well I guess thats what that red smoke is:dunce: And cue the laughter.....
 
I still have Mapathy....
 
I have been killed by two care packages so far. One was my own team when I was running past and it dropped a bit off target. No big deal.

The next was an enemy care package which was so amazingly lucky its insane. It was on scrapyard for one. You guys know that little building in the far corner by that little pile of rocks? I had just killed this guy in that narrow little walkway between that building and the outside of the map that is only wide enough for one person to fit through at a time. Next thing I know somehow a care package lands right there in that little space right on top of me. I couldn't believe it. :lol:
 
Once while I was using a Chopper Gunner someone decided it would be nice to drop a carepackage on me while I couldn't move. It was the time when I cared about my best killsteak on the leaderboards. I wasn't best pleased. :grumpy:
 
That would be a fantastic time to get the heads up challenge completed...
 
I had a chopper gunner the other day and going for a nuke, I called it in, got 2 hitmarkers and got taken out, its just stupid. Also, my harrier tends to take out the enemy chopper alot, chopper v harrier, I really dont know what would in in real life but in the game, tanking out a chopper gunner with the harrier turret is a bit strange...
 
That would be a fantastic time to get the heads up challenge completed...
Yeah.

Annoying thing was it was a teammate who did it!
 
G.T
Yeah.

Annoying thing was it was a teammate who did it!


That sounds like jealousy to me:crazy:


Stumbled onto this, the end is pretty funny.

 
Last edited:
I had a chopper gunner the other day and going for a nuke, I called it in, got 2 hitmarkers and got taken out, its just stupid. Also, my harrier tends to take out the enemy chopper alot, chopper v harrier, I really dont know what would in in real life but in the game, tanking out a chopper gunner with the harrier turret is a bit strange...

Harrier has missiles for Air to Air stuff. I simply will not call in a Pave Low or Chopper Gunner if their is a hostile Harrier up.

And as for the GC getting shot down so fast... that is why I use the AC130. Very, very rarely do I have issues with it getting downed, an unlike the GC, it doesn't have time between it being called and actually being able to kill.
 
Harrier has missiles for Air to Air stuff. I simply will not call in a Pave Low or Chopper Gunner if their is a hostile Harrier up.

And as for the GC getting shot down so fast... that is why I use the AC130. Very, very rarely do I have issues with it getting downed, an unlike the GC, it doesn't have time between it being called and actually being able to kill.


You must be tired, you have GC all over that post:dopey:
 
I tend to get a lot more kills & quicker with the CG. Every time I've had an AC its been on a **** map.
 
they talk too much imo.

[edit - wait, what? ive *never* seen any air craft battle each]
 
Back