Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,332 views
My harrier's shot down plenty, my pave low's been shot down, plenty. :lol:
[empty space];3827918
because ive an unhealthy obsession with the f2000. :lol: but, since people think its one of the worst guns in the game, i really love showing off my f2000 badge and emblem. the holo sight was helping me head shots towards the end.
Well, if you like it, you like it. I can completely respect that. I think Blackbird used it for awhile also.
[empty space];3827918
:lol:

M4 is inconsistent for me. It can feel just right compared to my two favorite rifles sometimes, SCAR & ACR. Then it just turns totally useless. I don't have a very fast connection, and I think it might be the about the stopping power. M4 has much faster fire rate than the SCAR, and probably even the ACR. Stopping power's about the only thing that I can think of that can turn M4 completely useless.
I hate to admit this but for the sake of comedy I will to all of you:ouch: When I first started playing MW2, like the first day, I seen the red smoke from a CP and had no idea even what a CP was since I just started and ran over to it and was looking down at it thinking, what in the hell is this red smoke grenade? Then, bam, crate killed me.....:ouch: Ah, ok, well I guess thats what that red smoke is:dunce: And cue the laughter.....
:lol:

In my case, I had no idea how to use it. I can't remember the map, but my first care package, I tossed it right outside the map. :lol:
G.T
Once while I was using a Chopper Gunner someone decided it would be nice to drop a carepackage on me while I couldn't move. It was the time when I cared about my best killsteak on the leaderboards. I wasn't best pleased. :grumpy:
That is hilarious if the guy was on the other team. If it was your teammate, he should be banned from MW2. Permanently. 👎

I had a chopper gunner the other day and going for a nuke, I called it in, got 2 hitmarkers and got taken out, its just stupid. Also, my harrier tends to take out the enemy chopper alot, chopper v harrier, I really dont know what would in in real life but in the game, tanking out a chopper gunner with the harrier turret is a bit strange...
Choppers wouldn't have chance in hell against a Harrier in real life. Unless the harriers' still on the ground. :D

Edit:
Stumbled onto this, the end is pretty funny.


How cool is this? Action's actually better than most low budget, straight-to-dvd's out there. And wasn't a actual Su-27 or MiG-29 in there?
 
Last edited:
[empty space];3828452
they talk too much imo.

[edit - wait, what? ive *never* seen any air craft battle each]


Really? Pay attention the next time enemy air support is up when yours is. Sometimes they will just focus on each other and say screw the people on the ground, its game time.
 
there have been times when i really wish they would. usually the two harriers just show up and shoot the people on the ground.

i usually do my best to shoot aircraft down as soon as they appear though.
 
A harrier will target a chopper if it is in its direct field of view. If you call in your harrier on the other side of the map it wont do anything with the chopper.
 
A harrier will target a chopper if it is in its direct field of view. If you call in your harrier on the other side of the map it wont do anything with the chopper.

so if theres two harriers, they wont do anything. but, if theres a harrier and a helio the harrier will attack it?
 
[empty space];3828524
so if theres two harriers, they wont do anything. but, if theres a harrier and a helio the harrier will attack it?

Harriers will shoot down enemy Harriers, basically they will shoot down anything below them, actually had one shoot my Predator before it hit the ground.
 
Yeah the only thing that matters is that your harrier is looking straight at the enemy air support. If they're both looking the other way nothing will happen.
 
thats really weird because ive seen all kinds of mixed air up but ive never seen them care about the other.
 
its hard to notice unless its your harrier. The game will bring up the message "such and such destroyed chopper" and most people probably just assume it was with a stinger.
 
Harriers will shoot down enemy Harriers, basically they will shoot down anything below them, actually had one shoot my Predator before it hit the ground.


That is messed up! I usually take down the air support with my predator unless I can get my harrier with my pred missle, then I will use it for me and be greedy:)
 
Oh, yeah. Harrier's one of my main rewards, so I end up "noticing" all the time, for good or bad. :D Harrier's get shot down by another Harrier all the time, but I've never seen it shoot down a Predator. Yet.
 
129157761710099507.jpg
 
A harrier would never actually hover over the battlefield taking out targets due to the massive amounts of fuel they burn while stationary. The VTOL aspect of the design is purely for just that.
 
Fly the friendly skies. Not. :lol:
A harrier would never actually hover over the battlefield taking out targets due to the massive amounts of fuel they burn while stationary. The VTOL aspect of the design is purely for just that.
You are probably right, not to mention it would only work against the harrier. Hovering stationary could lead to instant death from the anti-air. Like in the game!
 
wow, its just now hitting me how much i missed my m4. all i need now for it is extended mags, but, those are a pita to get.
 
Harriers are awesome. Watched one at the last airshow in Peoria. VTOL is pretty dang loud. Like you guys said, they would never hover in a hostile situation, unless maybe they were the only air support available and there was a small group of targets that it would take out with the minigun. Could probably just strafe them from a normal pass anyhow.

Edit: And that video is giving me seconds thoughts on how a Call of Duty movie or TV series would work out. Preferably a movie. It would be awesome to see what the various characters were doing while you played a different one. That way it may not be so much of a repetition but still have strong ties to the story.
 
You do know that a real harrier doesn't have a giant gun hanging off the end of the nose...
 
Last night Drag was helping me with some Spec Ops missions. We did Bomb Squad without a hitch, we did Sniper Fi easily, we sailed through Evasion, we somehow did Breach and Clear in a new PB for Drag and then it came to Homeland Security... Drag thought it would be a good idea to go and get another sentry gun! This would have been good if he had not been put into last stand just before the next wave was starting! Anyway, I didn't hold a grudge so I went over there to help him. The next wave started whilst we were over there so we needed to be accurate. Somehow we made it back to our starting spot no better or worse off than before our excursion. Then the bloodbath ensued. Enemies coming from all around, we shot tehm all and the sentry helped out A LOT! We managed to survive then take out the choppers with our guns and Drag got the BTR.
Mission complete... In the most unorthodox manner evaaaarz!!! :D
Thanks for the help mate! 👍
 
That mission is best with at least three sentry guns. Its best to go for the third while still on the first level though. Simply leave one enemy alive and have your buddy keep him occupied running around.
 
I know that is what he tried to do but I think the next wave came because their pred took out their own BTR so the next wave started :lol:
 
If you do it on the first level there is no predator/chopper/BTR. You just have to make sure one of your other sentry guns doesn't take out the last guy before you get the other one.

As far as sentry gun placement I always put one behind the chain link fence between the diner and the gas station. I put the next one behind the diner facing the gas station behind one of those poles so it guards the first sentry from attack and doesn't allow anyone in the back door. The third sentry is up to you but it should always be inside the diner.
 
We had one inside the diner and one somewhere on around the gas station - can't remember exactly.
By the end of it my heart rate was probably about 4 million BPM :lol:
 
The only ones that get me going are the ones with the juggers. Especially the random juggers on estate takedown. It took me some time to beat that one on veteran.
 
We (well, Drag, I was reviving him...) did the 2nd one on Echo in Favela. Drag seemed to have agood tactic so I was more than happy to oblige :p
 
Its possible to do that one just by running around in circles. The problem is that if you run to far away the juggs will split up and come at you from both directions.
 
Back