Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,360 views
I was all set to watch kens latest video. Soon as I click play some 10 year old kid comes on acting like hes an expert on something. I can't ****ing stand kids...
 
I just went and rented bad company 2. Hopefully I hate it so I don't end up going and spending $60 I dont have on another game...
 
More appropriate for the BC2 thread perhaps? Anyways, I've said it a million times before but it's a very different ball game, some COD fans (note: note fanboys) see it as a breath of fresh air and love it, some really aren't diggin' it.
 
JewOnWheels just went 39 and 1 ... :lol: :erm:

is it possible to turn off or make the target/defend icons smaller instead of just blocking the view?
 
eww ... fall camo = someone threw up all over my m4!
 
More appropriate for the BC2 thread perhaps? Anyways, I've said it a million times before but it's a very different ball game, some COD fans (note: note fanboys) see it as a breath of fresh air and love it, some really aren't diggin' it.

Oh yeah I'm loving the 6v6 hard scoping sniper matches.

Actually thats all I want to do in this game. I'm whoring out the M24 until I get the .50 cal. I couldn't care less about any other weapon types. I love seeing how far away I can get consistent headshots.
 
Here's something for you MW2ers, to support my theory that old weapons aren't worse then they used to be, the P90 (aparently) is IDENTICAL in every single way to the COD4 weapon, in the game files that is. I still think the M16 is also extremely close if not the same weapon it once was and that simply all the other assault rifles have been buffed up much more then the others. The 2 popular automatics, the ACR and SCAR are both so much better then anything we had in COD4 really. The ACR is like an improved M4/HK36 and the SCAR has the maximum power for an assault rifle yet retains minimal recoil (only problem is clipsize).
 
Only problem with the ACR is that it has the power of a slingshot....
 
Only problem with the ACR is that it has the power of a slingshot....

That is very true, but stopping power, one of if not the most popular perk for ARs, cures much of that and the fire rates good so even without it's not to bad.
 
Id go as far as to say thet COD: World At War is a better game than MW2, but not as good as MW1. I just get the impression that MW2 was a rushed game.
 
What is the suitcase that is in the right lower corner sometimes? I can't figure out what it is for some reason, it's not in the manual either.
 
What is the suitcase that is in the right lower corner sometimes? I can't figure out what it is for some reason, it's not in the manual either.
What game modes do you play?

It's you carrying a bomb, unless you're seeing something else.
 
What is the suitcase that is in the right lower corner sometimes? I can't figure out what it is for some reason, it's not in the manual either.


Its the bomb you need to plant to win the game.
 
G.T
What game modes do you play?

It's you carrying a bomb, unless you're seeing something else.

Ahh that must be it, I'm playing demolition so that makes alot of sense. :)
 
sejtur: What is up with the date of 2/29/2011 in your title? That's not when they are releasing GT5, is it? Maybe in your country or something?
Here's something for you MW2ers, to support my theory that old weapons aren't worse then they used to be, the P90 (aparently) is IDENTICAL in every single way to the COD4 weapon, in the game files that is. I still think the M16 is also extremely close if not the same weapon it once was and that simply all the other assault rifles have been buffed up much more then the others. The 2 popular automatics, the ACR and SCAR are both so much better then anything we had in COD4 really. The ACR is like an improved M4/HK36 and the SCAR has the maximum power for an assault rifle yet retains minimal recoil (only problem is clipsize).
I've said that about my P90 impression all along though. On newer weapons making CoD4 guns weaker, there is still one problem with that theory. If that was true, they also must have made the character's bodies stronger, as it no longer has the "dropping" power they used to have in CoD4. Two guns I tried out, M16 & AK47, they both feel like they need at the very least one more bullet to kill someone. Maybe even two. In CoD4, M16 almost always dropped someone with one burst. I understand you can still do this, but most of us are experiencing otherwise. I love the gun so much, I'd give it another shot. M16 used to rule on maps like Bog & Countdown for me. I truly wish the gun was that good again for me.
 
M16 on COD4 = FAMAS on MW2.
 
golgotron.com
It is important to note that the people leaving Infinity Ward aren’t just a handful of their talented staff, but most of them are company leads and have worked there for many years. With Zampella and West included, it is confirmed that Infinity Ward is now 11 employees fewer than they were just a couple months ago. Let us take a look at the full list, along with their roles at Infinity Ward:

* Vince Zampella – Studio Head/CEO
* Jason West – President/Game Director/CCO/CTO
* Steve Fukada – Lead Designer
* Zied Reike – Lead Designer
* Mackey McCandlish – Lead Designer
* Jon Shiring – Programmer
* Rayme Vinson – Programmer
* Chris Cherubini – Lead Artist
* Todd Alderman – Lead Online Designer
* Francesco Gigliotti – Lead Software Engineer
* Bruce Ferriz – Senior Animator
* Mark Grigsby – Lead Animator
* Paul Messerly – Lead Character Animator
This was in here, I found it thru PSXExtreme.

The article also touches on the new company Zampella & West started called Respawn Entertainment. How fitting, I know. It's under E.A., and while I hate E.A. like you would not believe, I would jump ship to the new Respawn FPS at moments notice. As soon as Activision started making their presence felt last year or so, I had started leaning towards this MW2 being the last CoD anyway. As I've stated million times in this thread, I don't care for the efforts from Treyarch, World at War. I'm not a FPS guy outside Modern Warfare series anyway, maybe I'll actually return to Gran Turismo.

I apologize if somebody posted this information on here before. This was the first I had heard of the new company, so......

breakpoint: FAMAS & M16 feels about the same for me in MW2. FAMAS is noticeably bit more accurate.
 
The FAMAS takes people down without breaking a sweat, where I find the M16 in MW2 struggles a bit it seems. I have had too many two burst kills with the M16 in MW2, as to in COD4 it was always a one hit wonder.
 
Is it just me or is the TAR pretty much unstoppable in most situations? If you burst fire with it you can scare the hell out of snipers too :lol:
 
Is it just me or is the TAR pretty much unstoppable in most situations? If you burst fire with it you can scare the hell out of snipers too :lol:
Yes! Burst firing with this gun is key to sucess - I love it. :)
 
Is it just me or is the TAR pretty much unstoppable in most situations? If you burst fire with it you can scare the hell out of snipers too :lol:

:lol: Discovering that using bursts is good.

The TAR-21 still lacks long range accuracy no matter what you do with it, thus why I am a bit confused at Snipers being afraid of it :dopey:
 
The FAMAS takes people down without breaking a sweat, where I find the M16 in MW2 struggles a bit it seems. I have had too many two burst kills with the M16 in MW2, as to in COD4 it was always a one hit wonder.

I also find the FAMAS to be much more effective than the M16A4. The FAMAS is mostly a one burst kill weapon, whereas the M16A4 is one burst kill half the time it seems. I have just under 150 kills with the M16A4, compared to around 500 with the FAMAS, and found myself frustrated quite often with the M16A4 during those 150 kills. The frustration stems from having to use two bursts and missing out on kills because of needing a second burst.
 
The TAR is like a ACR but fires so much quicker haha. I was going to ask if people played with a GTP tag but hence why I haven't seen anyone when I play online haha.
 
After three attempts to get my first nuke all ended with me getting killed on a 23 killstreak I rage quit for today.
 
I tried using M16, but I was struggling a bit with it, so I switched back to ACR & SCAR after just couple of matches. :lol: I'll try again in a little bit. So far, just over half of kills been accomplished with a single burst.
After three attempts to get my first nuke all ended with me getting killed on a 23 killstreak I rage quit for today.
When I was going for the nuke, I can't remember how many times I reached 23! On XBL, that's still my kill streak. I've matched it bunch of times, but I can't pass it! :lol:

I was going to ask if people played with a GTP tag but hence why I haven't seen anyone when I play online haha.
Only when I'm with the guys from here. Our MW2 community is sort of tiny.
 
Bit late with my reply here guys, so apologies for that.

I take back what I said about being ignored, I realise that posting at such a late hour about such a lame topic as wanting ringtones for my phone will not always encourage people to reply to a post.

For those who subsequently quoted me and then replied, I thankyou.

I do tend to be a little :grumpy: at times, hence the name.

On topic, I have always got my GTP tag up, as it's part of my name on psn.

Though the only people I have ever seen from here on MW2 have been legendary, azuremen, KelGT, gtp_dan, Famine, Venari and Ren-Tec.

I assume that's because most of you guys are on the other side of the atlantic, or mainly because I only play MTDM.

:irked:👍
 
The TAR is like a ACR but fires so much quicker haha. I was going to ask if people played with a GTP tag but hence why I haven't seen anyone when I play online haha.

Eh...?

TAR = Faster SCAR with less accuracy.

ACR = Faster SCAR with less power.

M16A = Faster FAMAS with wider spread.

I generally prefer the M16 to the FAMAS because of its shorter time between bursts, which lets you engage multiple targets easier. It also means you're more likely to have a second burst if you miss with the first.
 
You must be crazy. The famas is much quicker than the M16.
 
You must be crazy. The famas is much quicker than the M16.

Between bursts? No. Speed of the 3 round burst, yes. You'll empty an M16 faster than the FAMAS though.
 
Back