Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,590 views
L86, the M240 and MG4 are kinda similar to look at at least. The L86 is kinda unique and not to common. I love trying out random weapons others avoid, which is basically that which isn't a SCAR, ACR, FAMAS, UMP or sniper rifle in terms of the primary :lol:.
 
Drag... You have created a monster...
I apparently love sniping! I am addicted to it!
I'm onto the 3rd prestige and this is really the first time I have used the sniper for more than one game.
:D

Edit: Just remembered about our Clan tags last night! Such epic chat :lol:
 
The FAMAS is definately superior in 1 straight fight between the 2 with accurate shooters as 1 burst will do it for more range, I think overall difference is minimal when using stopping power though because the range advantage is kind of cancelled out leaving the speed advantage of the M16s swap, delay between bursts and reload times to shine more obviously though it's still not a huge difference.

Even with Stopping Power, I notice a difference between the two at range.

Keep in mind however that I stick to my burst fires when many people will swap for full auto, don't be confused in thinking that burst fire weapons are only best at long range for the class, they are supreme at mid range as well, only absolute close quarters do they show up weak.

Very much the truth.

[empty space];3833546
that's why i would carry a spas with my famas in my old assault class.

I now prefer the AA-12 to the SPAS-12. I will continue using it until I unlock Extended Magazines on it. I will then probably switch to the M1014.

Exactly, I've been playing around with different secondaries, a shotgun or machine pistol is ideal for the role. I'm currently using the Magnum though as I'm trying to unlock the akimbo for it which should be a nice powerful secondary and a little different for me (I don't think I've used Akimbo online at all). Being able to swap quickly and fire a few quick rounds is another big thing for me as I play the mid field heavily and close quarters is usually unplanned so I don't have time to swap to a shotty.

I tried Akimbo on the UMP45 and could not stand it. I always went to aim down the sight and ended up firing the weapon in my left hand instead. For whatever reason, my brain would not communicate properly to my hands when using Akimbo. Maybe I should try out Akimbo USP45s and see how that goes.

Someone, tell me what LMG to use this time around. I have the AUG and RPD masteries, so not those.

M240 or MG4.
 
Drag... You have created a monster...
I apparently love sniping! I am addicted to it!
I'm onto the 3rd prestige and this is really the first time I have used the sniper for more than one game.
:D

Edit: Just remembered about our Clan tags last night! Such epic chat :lol:

Sniping is definately addictive especially for players who are good but used to assault rifles and such, it's just a change and it's very satisfying and new. Also, it was pretty damn hilarious mic banter, when I copied that LOL tag from those guys and added an x, '[xLOL] yes, what you gonna do now!? I have an extra X in my skills'. We have established number of Xs in tags or usernames is essentially a scale of skill, moar X = moar mad no scopez skillz.

I tried Akimbo on the UMP45 and could not stand it. I always went to aim down the sight and ended up firing the weapon in my left hand instead. For whatever reason, my brain would not communicate properly to my hands when using Akimbo. Maybe I should try out Akimbo USP45s and see how that goes.

Eventually you'll adjust, I'm sure I'll find it awkward at first having never really used them, steady aim should be very helpful here as well.
 
Eventually you'll adjust, I'm sure I'll find it awkward at first having never really used them, steady aim should be very helpful here as well.

For Akimbo weapons, Steady Aim is almost required. It basically is required for Akimbo SMGs.
 
So, i'm going to dedicate this weekend entirely to getting a nuke. To do the greatest achievement on Modern Warfare 2, so I can pat myself on the back and say "a job well done with MW2", so I don't feel sad when I get BC2 and MW2 gets shelved.


Any advice, which doesn't involve boosting:lol: ?
 
So, i'm going to dedicate this weekend entirely to getting a nuke. To do the greatest achievement on Modern Warfare 2, so I can pat myself on the back and say "a job well done with MW2", so I don't feel sad when I get BC2 and MW2 gets shelved.


Any advice, which doesn't involve boosting:lol: ?

Harrier, Chopper Gunner, Nuke, it's plenty doable with an AC130 but generally if your harrier isn't shot down you'll get some chopper gunner usage, open maps the chopper will destroy all. Other then that it's all about the way you play personally, you need to slow it down, don't be afraid to do a touch of camping (I mean if you kill 25 dudes you're doing something right). Avoid TDM (though Ground War can be ok), the score limit caused problems for you, and similarly you want modes with no respawn timer. Scavenger Pro will be your best buddy here, you need that primary weapon to keep on going as long as you can. Finally, if you can get a friend or 2 with you just to give you a little cover, do it. It's definately worth setting up your tent when you hit 7 and hope the harrier does the work for the chopper gunner.
 
I was thinking more Attack Helicopter, AC130, Nuke, because the airstrike can very likely not land you any kills if you miss, and the harrier can easily be shot down. Also, Chopper Gunners can easily be shot down by a guy who has a stinger, before you get even past 2 kills, trust me, I know :grumpy:, that's why I switched to the AC130. I guess the SCAR with Scavenger would work(with shotgun as secondary?), plus claymores.
 
i dont think ill ever get a nuke because:

a: i usually need the predator missile to get to the harrier to get to the chopper gunner. i use chopper gunner because i can never get kills with the ac130 because everyone but three people using cold blooded so i just sit there looking at a empty field.

b: i cannot camp. it's just too boring sitting in one spot waiting for someone to walk by.

though if i could start getting to the harrier without the predator missile ...
 
I was thinking more Attack Helicopter, AC130, Nuke, because the airstrike can very likely not land you any kills if you miss, and the harrier can easily be shot down. Also, Chopper Gunners can easily be shot down by a guy who has a stinger, before you get even past 2 kills, trust me, I know :grumpy:, that's why I switched to the AC130. I guess the SCAR with Scavenger would work(with shotgun as secondary?), plus claymores.


I would go with pavelow, AC130, and nuke. The attack copters get shot down super easy, one of the easiest things to shoot down in the game. Where as the pavelow is a flying tank and it usually gets you the AC with ease.
 
Having stopping power makes so much difference, it's not even funny. I started using it today and the change was immense. Now I rather had a 2.0 k/d than 0.5. I was playing with the GTP tag but apparently there were no GTPers playing MW2?
 
Except the pavelow is still glitched? Only counting to your streak if you haven't died ONCE before calling it in. Also, the attack helicopter is terrible AND easy to shoot down, people don't bother because they're so easy to avoid. The harrier has a good chance of kills (get a buddy to have a UAV saved to help you if possible) with the initial strike and it's also far superior at actually killing.

The Chopper Gunner V AC130 is a never ending debate, if you are a good streak without the air support by all means you can do it with an AC130, I have more then once. There's a reasonable chance your AC won't get the nuke itself though and you'll need to get those last few kills manually whilst your very edgy about the nuke, stay calm and don't do anything stupid and you should be fine, a buddy will be very helpful to cover you a little to. The Chopper Gunner however is a high risk high reward option, yes it is easier to shoot down, sometimes before it even arrives it can be down, BUT it lasts 20 seconds longer then the AC130 and never has to reload which means you can absolutely destroy a spawn point on say Afghan and you are near guaranteed your nuke if you manage to spawn trap them with it, you'll kill them before they get a lock on because the spawns are so bad on Afghan. For your first nuke, Afghan and Wasteland are often the best for the job because of the air support.

Quick tip, if you're confident enough, don't call in your harrier until you have 8 or 9 kills, that way you can often call it in, wait and it will quickly hit your 11, then you can cover the harrier with your 11 reward and they have twice the support to shoot down. Also, claymores are a good idea to cover you just a little when you're using air support. Try not to call in any 11 reward support instantly after killing someone, they'll be raging and coming for revenge and you'll be a sitting duck if you're using a CG/AC130.
 
I would go with pavelow, AC130, and nuke. The attack copters get shot down super easy, one of the easiest things to shoot down in the game. Where as the pavelow is a flying tank and it usually gets you the AC with ease.

The pavelow is glitched 90% of the time and doesnt count anyway. Dont use the attack chopper PJ, it is far beyond useless. You just need to stick with the harrier and if the harrier feels it is a good map it will haul some ass.

EDIT: Epic tree'd by Drag...
 
Sniping is definately addictive especially for players who are good but used to assault rifles and such, it's just a change and it's very satisfying and new. Also, it was pretty damn hilarious mic banter, when I copied that LOL tag from those guys and added an x, '[xLOL] yes, what you gonna do now!? I have an extra X in my skills'. We have established number of Xs in tags or usernames is essentially a scale of skill, moar X = moar mad no scopez skillz.

Every few days I put a sniper back into one of my classes and play with it for a few games. The first game I play I end up with a few kills and very few deaths, the second game improves on the first, and the third game usually falls apart and I quickly change the class into something else. :lol:

Eventually you'll adjust, I'm sure I'll find it awkward at first having never really used them, steady aim should be very helpful here as well.

For Akimbo weapons, Steady Aim is almost required. It basically is required for Akimbo SMGs.

I was using Steady Aim. My issue was with my brain not properly communicating to my left hand to not instinctively press the button to aim down the weapon sights when I saw an opposing player. So I would prematurely start firing the weapon in the left hand and it would just completely mess me up.

I need to give Akimbo weapons another try. Instead this go around, try it with handguns, as I love the quick switch that handguns are allowed. Akimbo USP45s would probably be a nice alternative to a shotgun in a class with the FAMAS.

I was playing with the GTP tag but apparently there were no GTPers playing MW2?

I think mostly just the people posting in this thread play MW2. I can only only speak for myself, but I currently rock the GTP tag.
 
Last edited:
I'll need to get it in my head that left trigger will no longer be aim down sights now, I'll probably fire one shot with the left and spam the right for a while :lol:.
 
The pavelow is glitched 90% of the time and doesnt count anyway. Dont use the attack chopper PJ, it is far beyond useless. You just need to stick with the harrier and if the harrier feels it is a good map it will haul some ass.

EDIT: Epic tree'd by Drag...


Must be a PS3 thing with the pavelow because my pavelow always gets me my choppergunner or AC, not once has it got the kills needed and me not got the 11th streak reward.
 
Must be a PS3 thing with the pavelow because my pavelow always gets me my choppergunner or AC, not once has it got the kills needed and me not got the 11th streak reward.

It was previously in both console versions, whether it's been fixed recently on either I'm not sure, I've never been an avid Pave Low user.
 
The pavelow stays in my killstreak rewards unless I'm rushing and then its uav,counter uav, pred. I have never had a problem with it myself not counting.
 
For the Pavelow to count towards kill streaks, you have to call it in and get a kill with a gun before the pavelow does, something along those lines. It's like that for both consoles from the videos I saw.
 
air craft has always been something that confuses me. ive seen a lot of people complain about the dominance of it, yet, most of the matches im in aircraft never gets a lot of kills. unless i need my explosives class im usually using my AA class. scavenger pro + cold blooded pro + stinger = huge no fly zone. Ive also found that if ive the time to, a thrid stinger missile will almost always take an ac130 down. unless ground support is really good, most air craft is shoot down as soon as it's called.

Lag really pisses me off though. you know its bad when your stinger flys through your target. recently ive been watching my stingers take evasive action from hitting the air craft.
 
Air support is only as overpowered as much as the people it's targeting fail. If they bothered to actually try take it out, it isn't a big deal, but they often leave it alone to dominate them.
 
this is true. but, not quite 100% correct because after i prestige its hard to survive air support when you dont get cold blooded until level 20 something. once i get cold blooded, ive no problem throw a couple of AT4s at something til they explode. fortunately it only takes one at4 to take down an ac130.
 
I like the pave low because its like a chopper gunner but you dont have to control it leaving you free to move around on the ground.
 
I just had a 18-0-0 game of Team Deathmatch on Derail and it was the easiest 18-0-0 I could have possibly had. I was shot at once the entire game and was not hit. I have never been shot at less in a game. :lol:

I killed two opposing snipers at least three times each. I could hear the shots from their rifles and each time I quickly looked on radar to find where they were shooting from; knowing where each of them were located, I quickly moved to flank them. I was surprised at how much of a jump I was able to get on both.

One of the snipers, his deaths all came in the same spot on top of the buildings near one of the beginning spawn points; apparently, he had no clue where I was and I continued to kill him after he respawned with his Tactical Insertion. I think my Harrier may have picked him one more time. The other sniper died in the same spot three times under the steel tower. One of my kills on him was from the power generator area; it was awesome getting that long of a kill with a silenced M4A1. I then picked him off from on top of the building twice more, while killing the other sniper at the same time. I picked on those guys until they finally learned they needed to avoid my area.

I also killed another guy probably four times, with three of them being in the same spot. I love when people continue to frequent the same exact spot, it makes killing them that much easier. :lol:

It was a shame my Harrier was fairly quickly shot down, as it picked quite a few people off before being shot down. That streak of 18 kills was one short of my longest at 19. The game also raised my K/D to 1.36. I need more games like those to come my way. :lol:
 
Gotta love a flawless 👍 good work. I know the exact house you mean because there's always some idiot sniper camping there and thats why when I snipe I NEVER go on it, everyone knows there's probably someone there before you even fire. Same reason why I avoid that tower (possibly a pylon I forget). The key to effective sniping is finding place with a good sightline and that are either easy to defend/hard to be found AND not common.
 
Oh my god, easiest map, if you are willing to work for it, it gotta be the Wasteland. You just hide, let the snipers get all setup. You know they general area they setup on, also the routes they like to take. You can kill them while they are busy looking in the scope, or while they are in transit. I have so many games on that map with scores of 15-25 kills, 0 to just handful deaths, mostly just sniper hunting. Talk about a k/d booster. :lol:

I'm starting to get back into MW2 properly now, but one thing I forgot, is how much the killstreaks add to your kill tally, and artificially inflate your k/d ratio. The other night, playing HCHQ Pro, I finished 55-7! 41 of those kills were from the predator/harrier/chopepr gunner.
I don't know about "artificially" anymore. I used to think that, but unlike CoD4, kill streak rewards have pretty much become part of the game. But bottom line, yeah, that's how you can boost your kills. Especially if you are just "OK" player like myself. :D
I had forgot about jugg and how much I hated that perk until the other night I was playing COD4 and kept shooting people with my sniper set up and just getting that dumb hit marker:ouch: What is even more annoying than jugg is painkiller......
Juggernaut never bothered me, only except when I used it, and I seem to drop at a normal rate. :lol: Painkiller on the other hand, I don't know how many times I got killed by it. That thing is worthy of being part of the (death)streak reward. It's like they got a vest on!
I now prefer the AA-12 to the SPAS-12. I will continue using it until I unlock Extended Magazines on it. I will then probably switch to the M1014.
I like all three, but they all have pro's & con's. In tight maps, (really)close fights, AA12 is near impossible to beat. Especially going up against groups, if you conserve the ammo in your clip, you can easily take out three guys with one clip. That's really good for a full-automatic weapon. Reload is one of the quickest around, too. SPAS is amazing in close-to-midrange. While they are trying to put the rounds in you, you just drop them literally instantly. Honestly, SPAS is the shotgun I fear the most(from the receiving end :D ). The range & accuracy is deadly. M1014, I haven't figured out yet. Range is good, power is good, but I haven't experienced or seen the effectiveness of its' stopping power or the range in combat yet. Could be that I'm not using it right, or my connection was slow, I don't know. It is clumsy & slow to use in tight, close firefight, that much I am sure.
 
Gotta love a flawless 👍 good work. I know the exact house you mean because there's always some idiot sniper camping there and thats why when I snipe I NEVER go on it, everyone knows there's probably someone there before you even fire. Same reason why I avoid that tower (possibly a pylon I forget). The key to effective sniping is finding place with a good sightline and that are either easy to defend/hard to be found AND not common.

That game was quite a bit of fun. I established myself a path on both sides of the map and managed to always be behind the enemy.

I like all three, but they all have pro's & con's. In tight maps, (really)close fights, AA12 is near impossible to beat. Especially going up against groups, if you conserve the ammo in your clip, you can easily take out three guys with one clip. That's really good for a full-automatic weapon. Reload is one of the quickest around, too. SPAS is amazing in close-to-midrange. While they are trying to put the rounds in you, you just drop them literally instantly. Honestly, SPAS is the shotgun I fear the most(from the receiving end :D ). The range & accuracy is deadly. M1014, I haven't figured out yet. Range is good, power is good, but I haven't experienced or seen the effectiveness of its' stopping power or the range in combat yet. Could be that I'm not using it right, or my connection was slow, I don't know. It is clumsy & slow to use in tight, close firefight, that much I am sure.

Like you said, the AA-12 is very deadly in close fights, especially against a group of close opponents. It would have been really nice if IW would have given the AA-12 one more magazines without Scavenger. Though, that is not to say the weapon is not effective without Scavenger, because it very much is; Scavenger just makes the weapon that much better. I have yet to use the AA-12 with extended magazines and I am working towards unlocking them, but shotgun kills do not come my way often enough. I imagine the weapon is incredibly effective with extended magazines attachment.

The M1014 has slightly less range than the SPAS-12. The M1014 makes up for this deficiency with a semi-automatic action, as opposed to the pump action operation of the SPAS-12. I use the M1014 much like I would the SPAS-12, except with the M1014 I have the advantage of a fast follow up shot if needed.

Actually, I think after using the AA-12, once I unlock the M1014 again and put it into action, I think my abilities with the weapon will have improved. There were quite a few times I was caught out with thinking I had killed someone with the M1014 and was not fast enough with my follow up shot. The AA-12 has taught me how to more effectively deliver a second and third shot to put someone down.
 
That game was quite a bit of fun. I established myself a path on both sides of the map and managed to always be behind the enemy.



Like you said, the AA-12 is very deadly in close fights, especially against a group of close opponents. It would have been really nice if IW would have given the AA-12 one more magazines without Scavenger. Though, that is not to say the weapon is not effective without Scavenger, because it very much is; Scavenger just makes the weapon that much better. I have yet to use the AA-12 with extended magazines and I am working towards unlocking them, but shotgun kills do not come my way often enough. I imagine the weapon is incredibly effective with extended magazines attachment.

The M1014 has slightly less range than the SPAS-12. The M1014 makes up for this deficiency with a semi-automatic action, as opposed to the pump action operation of the SPAS-12. I use the M1014 much like I would the SPAS-12, except with the M1014 I have the advantage of a fast follow up shot if needed.

Actually, I think after using the AA-12, once I unlock the M1014 again and put it into action, I think my abilities with the weapon will have improved. There were quite a few times I was caught out with thinking I had killed someone with the M1014 and was not fast enough with my follow up shot. The AA-12 has taught me how to more effectively deliver a second and third shot to put someone down.
I have grip on couple of my AA12's, and extended mags on the other two. I'm twisted like that. :lol: I think I like the extended mags better, but I couldn't use it without the Scavenger perk. It's so nice to be generous with my shells, everybody loves my shells, they all come back for seconds, thirds.... :sly: I don't have a grip for my SPAS yet, but it has such range without the grip already. AA12, the range is so limited, I really haven't noticed any shrinkage in its range, even without the grip off.
 
I usually used the SPAS-12, but saw the AA12 had more damage, and was an automatic, so if I don't down him in the first shot, another one is coming right up behind it. But it was very inaccurate, if you tried to shoot someone mid distance away,you missed, plus it ran out of ammo quickly. So, I switched back to the SPAS-12, and it will stay that way until I unlock the M104 again.
 
I usually used the SPAS-12, but saw the AA12 had more damage, and was an automatic, so if I don't down him in the first shot, another one is coming right up behind it. But it was very inaccurate, if you tried to shoot someone mid distance away,you missed, plus it ran out of ammo quickly. So, I switched back to the SPAS-12, and it will stay that way until I unlock the M104 again.
Both in same category, yet, completely different characteristics. SPAS is almost like a assault rifle shotgun. Great range, great accuracy & power. But if two guys show up at once, you are in trouble.

AA12, you can't get caught in anything further than close range. But it is one of the best weapons, if not the best weapon to take out more than one guy at once.

I use SCAR or ACR, then swap to AA12 right before going into the building, etc. I hate it when I get caught during the swap. I need to take more time on that. :crazy:
 
Back